• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
When the third round came out, both men charged the ring and bonked heads. Overeem got the worst of the collision, and suddenly Silva was teeing off on him and finished him.

Well there's an excuse. Silver only won because his disorder makes his illegal headbutts borderline lethal. In all seriousness, did anyone notice this collision, or is it the narrative being spun to cover up the fact that Overeem lost because he got high on hubris and stupidity?

TBH I was drunk as fuck so yes I missed the headbutt. I seriously don't remember the Evans fight at all. My friends kept passing me birthday shots.

Guess Canderson isn't the only Serpentine Silver.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
TBH I was drunk as fuck so yes I missed the headbutt. I seriously don't remember the Evans fight at all.
You didn't miss anything but a staring contest and Little Nog throwing basic combinations here and there while Rashad did fuck all. I mentioned earlier that this card will be more memorable for storylines that emerged than the fights themselves .

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I missed the pilot and forgot to record it and it's not On Demand. Guess I'll have to resort to other means to watch it.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Streams crossing mutha's

iby1h1G7MoeEIW.gif

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I am looking at crossing to the dark side and watching bad MMA. Where to start? I'm guessing that outside of the UFC, Bellator is probably #2 in terms of quality? How is ONE FC? They have super fine ring girls..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So I am looking at crossing to the dark side and watching bad MMA. Where to start? I'm guessing that outside of the UFC, Bellator is probably #2 in terms of quality? How is ONE FC? They have super fine ring girls..

Go to Sherdog and look at whatever crap they have scheduled in the upcoming weeks. Xtreme Midwest Resurrection Taichi King of the Cage Rage FC or whatever...

ONE FC is pretty good but still hella regional. If you want to follow the "names" of it you'll need to watch quite a few shows. Their talent level is relatively low, but it is focusing on a developing market and all.

Bellator is easier to follow due to their tournament model. Talent level is arguably Strikeforce Challengers, but that just makes for some brilliant KOs and subs every now and then.

ProElite, playboy.

(Serious answer: Legacy, MFC, and Titan are all decent. OneFC is good too but their events are very spaced out and you have to watch them at like 7am est on Saturday mornings if you want to see them live. It's looking like the best outside of UFC and Bellator could be World Series of Fighting once their NBC deal kicks in.)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Masvidal vs Means at Fox 7.

Entire card so far with the other fights added as well.

Champ Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez - for lightweight title
Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy
Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy

Don't know who the last 4 fights are playa but put it DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN,

FACE

Banned

Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy

Looks like a decent card, how long until Poly buys tickets and ruins it?

I love the "Barnett sucks" "Barnett hasn't beat anyone" while ranking DC #2 HW. Isn't DC's best win Barnett?

And come on now. Kongo couldn't even KO Shawn Jordan and Meathead. He stands no chance vs Barnett. Does Barnett win the UFC title? Probably not. But he is easily a top 5 -7 HW and a tough fight for anyone in the division. Sorry buy fat Roy or Carwin would get submitted in the 2nd or 3rd.

End rant

Anybody watching Bellator tonight? Its been getting better but its still trailer park MMA. 90% of the Bellator roster look like trash while the remaining 5% are imports from other countries, 4% are aging vets and that 1% is King Mo.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So I'm watching the Royal Rumble right now, and... since when was Prince Albert Japanese?

Vio-Lence

Banned
fuck these sports purists hating on Joshu Barnettu. Guy can cut the best damn promo in the business, and would interject world class personality into a stagnant division. barnett's heavy weight record in the past 5 or 6 years is just as legit as everyones jerkoff fav Fraudreem.

Who Barnett can beat

-Kongo
-Nelson
-Hunt
-Carwin
-Bigfoot
-Nog
-Mir
-Struve

Who can beat Barnett

-Overeem
-Cain
-DC
-JDS
-Werdum

Still a tough fight for JDS and Overeem. Can possibly win by wearing them down. A Werdum fight would be epic

What happens to Dos Santos now anyway?

Bigfoot? I could see that.

If Dana was smart he would jump on the opportunity for JDS vs Overeem. Both had a bad loss, both must be hungry and both have some past beef. This fight either happens now or never and Bigfoot and JDS are friends.

Who Barnett can beat

-Kongo
-Nelson No
-Hunt
-Carwin No
-Bigfoot No
-Nog
-Mir No
-Struve

Sorry man.

If Dana was smart he would jump on the opportunity for JDS vs Overeem. Both had a bad loss, both must be hungry and both have some past beef. This fight either happens now or never and Bigfoot and JDS are friends.

That would be the dumb thing to do imo.

It's cool because it sounds like a can super fight, but it really wouldn't help raise the status of the division. JDS vs Overeem right now is a lose lose situation.

Ubercan vs Cormier = 2 themes. Redemption vs New contender status. Overeem wins and UFC gets an air balloon to bring him back to contender status. Cormier wins they can build Cain vs Cormier, which would have drama.

JDS vs Bigfoot = same. JDS wins and UFC can build up a legitimate rubber match. Bigfoot Silva wins and UFC can build a legitimate revenge match, because Bigfoot is on a roll.

They would cover their bases way more, there's way more story lines happening.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If Zombie Nog can get some wins in the Ultimate HW division, so can Joshu.

Barnett would be an excellent mid-tier in the heavyweight division. Dana could even build him into a title contender with clever match making. If Chael can get title shots w/out earning them, so can Joshu who is better on the Mic. I can't believe i'm agree with our favorite amigo to ridicule Host.

Barnett vs Carwin would look like Barnett vs Sergi. Barnett also has much better cardio. He would take Nelson to a decision and break Mir down. I would bet money on that.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Barnett vs Carwin would look like Barnett vs Sergi. Barnett also has much better cardio. He would take Nelson to a decision and break Mir down. I would bet money on that.

You my friend need a new avatar. If only someone cared enough about the Warmaster to make a wager...

I was also called crazy when I said Vitor would kill Bisping. Whos laughing now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah give me a new av. Im sick of this one

From a business standpoint it would be smart to feed JDS a can to boost his rep and have him ready for a Cain rubber match because I don't think Bigfoot/Cain 2 is a viable sell at all.

If he beats JDS?

I don't know man, Bigfoot has the whole underdog thing down to a tee if he wins against JDS.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Go to Sherdog and look at whatever crap they have scheduled in the upcoming weeks. Xtreme Midwest Resurrection Taichi King of the Cage Rage FC or whatever...

ONE FC is pretty good but still hella regional. If you want to follow the "names" of it you'll need to watch quite a few shows. Their talent level is relatively low, but it is focusing on a developing market and all.

Bellator is easier to follow due to their tournament model. Talent level is arguably Strikeforce Challengers, but that just makes for some brilliant KOs and subs every now and then.

ProElite, playboy.

(Serious answer: Legacy, MFC, and Titan are all decent. OneFC is good too but their events are very spaced out and you have to watch them at like 7am est on Saturday mornings if you want to see them live. It's looking like the best outside of UFC and Bellator could be World Series of Fighting once their NBC deal kicks in.)
Okay, thanks! I'll probably check out the Bellator event tonight and see if bad-MMA is a path I want to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom