• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but

cain-bigfoot-bloodbath.jpg

junior-dos-santos-vs-cain-velasquez-on-UFC-on-FOX1.jpg

Yeah exactly.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
OT became beta-gaf. Gaming became fanboy-gaf. Damn, everytime we take a boat and leave this island we risk getting drowned in stupidity. All we can do is put on our binoculars and look at the wreckage from afar.

junior-dos-santos-vs-cain-velasquez-on-UFC-on-FOX1.jpg

Yeah exactly.

A fluke shot is a lot different than an outright ass beating. Plus Cain was the champ at the time so it makes more sense to give him a rematch. Bigfoot got fucking destroyed and to be honest, didn't look that great in the Reem fight outside of the last 30 or so seconds.

bone_and_sinew

Bigfoot Boetsch'd the division. They should've just given Barnett a direct title shot to keep Cain busy while the division works itself out. Werdum is a contender too and he beat Bigfoot in Strikeforce.

A fluke shot is a lot different than an outright ass beating. Plus Cain was the champ at the time so it makes more sense to give him a rematch. Bigfoot got fucking destroyed and to be honest, didn't look that great in the Reem fight outside of the last 30 or so seconds.

It doesn't matter if it was a fluke shot since that can happen in every fight, and it doesn't matter that Bigfoot got his ass kicked in the 1st fight if he adds a JDS win to the Overeem win.

He would be a legitimate contender anyway. Much more legitimate than many title fights. It doesn't matter if he would be the clear underdog either.

Heel

So I am looking at crossing to the dark side and watching bad MMA. Where to start? I'm guessing that outside of the UFC, Bellator is probably #2 in terms of quality? How is ONE FC? They have super fine ring girls..

Tonight's Bellator is a decent card (Shlemenko vs. Falcao, Sandro, etc.), but they often slip into what one would call Mediocre MMA, which is the worst MMA experience you can have.

Give it a spin, but don't let it make or break your opinion of the wonderful world of Bad. Just know there's a difference between dipping your toes into the pool, and doing a double gainer bellyflop:

February 23rd - IGF Genome 24: Inoki 70th Anniversary Battle

bobb_l.jpg
8YXr24z.jpg

bone_and_sinew

So I am looking at crossing to the dark side and watching bad MMA. Where to start? I'm guessing that outside of the UFC, Bellator is probably #2 in terms of quality? How is ONE FC? They have super fine ring girls..
If you have HDNet AXS TV you're already halfway there since AXS TV is the home of Bad MMA. The other half is reading the first reply of this thread, watching the events, and possibly descending into Bad MMA hell with the rest of us in nerd chat.

Speaking of Bad MMA, I'm glad to see Bad MMA lifer Jorge Masvidal make it to the Ultimate. I always root for the local boys to succeed. Baboon Palomino should be in the Ultimate too.

Heel

Speaking of Bad MMA, I'm glad to see Bad MMA lifer Jorge Masvidal make it to the Ultimate. I always root for the local boys to succeed. Baboon Palomino should be in the Ultimate too.

Speaking of, I really need to start watching more CFA. They've been pushing solid prospects and putting together solid cards for a good long while.

They're even dipping into the Bad for their next card, James McSweeney vs. Dion Staring...lol.

bone_and_sinew

Speaking of, I really need to start watching more CFA. They've been pushing solid prospects and putting together solid cards for a good long while.

They're even dipping into the Bad for their next card, James McSweeney vs. Dion Staring...lol.
There's 4 women's fights on that card too as part of a tourney. There's 0 chance of me watching it though because my b-day is Friday March 1 which means 3 day nonstop bender, and the card is on March 2.

Vio-Lence

Banned
anyone else watch episode 2 of the americans last night? 2 for 2 imo. Seems like it will be another good show for FX. im 100% in.

Keith Jardine shouldn't be acting, friends. Even as a MMA fighter. I'm afraid he's gonna get KO'd by people simply invading his personal space.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
anyone else watch episode 2 of the americans last night? 2 for 2 imo. Seems like it will be another good show for FX. im 100% in.

FX delivers again. One of the best networks around if you ask me. Thankfully they won't be dragged down by Ultimate Scrapping much longer.

bone_and_sinew

Why the fuck is Kaz Hirai's face on everything?
I was about to ask this question myself. I'm guessing its to mock Nintendo and XBox fans after the latest news.

edit: Now I get it. The Sony event is February 20 so its to show hype for that event. I think.

It doesn't matter if it was a fluke shot since that can happen in every fight, and it doesn't matter that Bigfoot got his ass kicked in the 1st fight if he adds a JDS win to the Overeem win.

He would be a legitimate contender anyway. Much more legitimate than many title fights. It doesn't matter if he would be the clear underdog either.

Oh no I agree if he can beat JDS he's legit I was more speaking to the idea that Dana seemed to be floating around at the presser that Bigfoot might be a legit contender based solely off the Reem fight.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Tonight's Bellator is a decent card (Shlemenko vs. Falcao, Sandro, etc.), but they often slip into what one would call Mediocre MMA, which is the worst MMA experience you can have.

Give it a spin, but don't let it make or break your opinion of the wonderful world of Bad. Just know there's a difference between dipping your toes into the pool, and doing a double gainer bellyflop:

February 23rd - IGF Genome 24: Inoki 70th Anniversary Battle

If you have HDNet AXS TV you're already halfway there since AXS TV is the home of Bad MMA. The other half is reading the first reply of this thread, watching the events, and possibly descending into Bad MMA hell with the rest of us in nerd chat.

Thanks friends. I'll definitely check out Bellator tonight, then probably watch some REALLY bad MMA later this month to see if I can handle it mentally. Does watching bad MMA make shitty watered down UFC cards seem awesome? That would be nice.

bone_and_sinew

Bad MMA is mostly hit or miss. Sometimes we'll get unintentional comedy like a card being delayed because there's not enough ambulances in the arena, sometimes we get great scraps between people with unemployable skills, sometimes we get plain old bad cards that make you question your very own existence. UFC prelims on Fuel and Facebook are basically Bad MMA but in the UFC.

The first couple Super Fight Leagues were good BadMMA but it got boring once they went BollyTUF. The later SFLs are good if you want to see people who literally just started training fight each other, or get wasted by mediocre fighters. It's all on youtube.

bone_and_sinew

The first couple Super Fight Leagues were good BadMMA but it got boring once they went BollyTUF. The later SFLs are good if you want to see people who literally just started training fight each other, or get wasted by mediocre fighters. It's all on youtube.
Yeah, youtube and UStream are the preferred avenues for BadMMA that doesn't make it to AXS TV.

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot. One of the benefits of Bad MMA is that it breaks the myth of "ufc-caliber fighter". The only difference between guys on FB/Fuel prelims and guys in Bad MMA is roster space. Take this past card for instance. Unknown guys who toiled in Strikeforce Challengers cards and Strikeforce prelims came in and beat down UFC veterans like Yves Edwards and Jacob Volkmann.
It's not until the top 10 level where Bad MMAers are usually out of their element.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Gaming in general has been shit for the past few years and its only going to get shitter.

I know what you're saying here, and I don't mean to repeat FACE, but the PC's had some fantastic games the past couple of years. Some of them have been the same games as were on a console, but fantasticer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom