• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

who's vilifying Canister for being a roider? i thought he was ridiculed for being a marginal fighter who internet fanboys hyped up for beating up cans in fixed fights in Japan, K1, and other mediocre mma promotions.

iAKqbXlsbDNep.gif

Guru-Guru

Banned
Yeah I had no clue that before roiding Badr had fought Overeem and had been koed because he was clearly not in the shape he needed to fight Overdrug.

Come on son.
Speaking of Badri Hari, he got out of jail on bail and has been training with Saki lately.

dfQzJRc.jpg

Apparently he is about 40 pounds smaller now. Maybe he will get lucky and only get 1 year in jail for ruining somebody's life.

Heel

I don't care if it's juiced up vs juiced up, but the story changes if it's not juiced up vs juiced up.

How can you judge that though? It'd be more accurate to assume the top fighters are guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way around.

The testing is a joke. Even if it was more stringent, accurate testing is a cat and mouse game that the roiders will always be winning.

Don't be surprised if your favorite champion is on some undetectable The Clear 3.0 shit.

Guru-Guru

Banned
How can you judge that though? It'd be more accurate to assume the top fighters are guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way around.

The testing is a joke. Even if it was more stringent, accurate testing is a cat and mouse game that the roiders will always be winning.

Don't be surprised if your favorite champion is on some undetectable The Clear 3.0 shit.
How does the UFC do drug testing anyway? Is it only post-fight?

Don't get it twisted playboys, Alistair would beat Bigfoot Silver and black magic wielding entourage 9 times out of 10. Every can has his day (e.g. JDC vs. Can).
Seriously. I don't give a fuck how much chocolate syrup Papa Shango puts on Ariel Helwani's head, Reem would destroy Bigfoot in a rematch.

Fuck Bigfoot Silver's forbidden psychological technology.

Heel

Friends, I have a quick question. Should a mixed martial arts judge, such as estranged MMA-GAF'er Brian Fellows, remain impartial to all aspects of the sport they're judging?

He has fought most of his fights for my buddys promotion(the one I judge for). So I've seen most of his amateur fights and his first several pro fights.

MMA judges are just incompetent. How any judge could have scored that second round for Saunders on TUF Friday night is beyond me.

I really need to get licensed by the state so I can do pro shows because right now I am EASILY one of the top 5 judges in all of MMA. The bar is set pretty low though.

Good! as and MMA fan I hate wrestling and wrestlers.

And I don't care for K1 either. Its pretty boring by itself.

Brian Fellows, amigo, please step out from the shadows and explain yourself. How can you hold yourself above the judges you despise?

io7jen8c3Mdg7.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
  • Is an MMA Judge
  • Says MMA judges are incompetent
  • Doesn't like wrestlers
  • Doesn't like striking either(K1)

dem contradictions

Heel

Yes, friend. I truly fear for the future of our sport when a kook like Brian Fellows holds the fate of young, hard-working collegiate wrestlers and kickboxing practitioners in his hands.

Does he agree with fellow MMA judge Cecil Peoples that leg kicks don't finish fights?

This weekend I confirmed my suspicions that the quickest way to calm a group of angry, drunk white people at a bar is to put "Santeria" on the jukebox. "Volver, Volver" has the same effect on my people.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Who else would have been in line for the shot though? They wanted Overeem to fight Velasquez but obviously Big Foot ruined those plans. You can't have JDS because it'd be the same argument as with having Big Foot fight him. Cormier is busy. No one else has really stepped up just yet to get the shot.

As with most divisions there's really only one or two main contenders and the rest aren't good enough or are looking for their way in.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose if we're now talking about fighters not yet in the UFC they could probably call up Bob Sapp if they're looking for a direct replacement to Overeem.
They could also show off highlights of their battles in the arm wrestling and tug of war events they recently took part in and use Sapp's victories over Overeem as a way to drum up fighter hype and excitement.

Heel

I suppose if we're now talking about fighters not yet in the UFC they could probably call up Bob Sapp if they're looking for a direct replacement to Overeem.
They could also show off highlights of their battles in the arm wrestling and tug of war events they recently took part in and use Sapp's victories over Overeem as a way to drum up fighter hype and excitement.

iM0mH9Vtr7ZW2.gif

Heel

Hunto beat them both.

Here's how I can see things unfolding, barring Mir somehow beating Cormier:

Hunt knocks Stefcan Struve's block off next month.
Werdum beats Shell of Nog at the TUF Brazil 2 finale.

Hunt vs. Werdum in a title eliminator for the next shot after JDS/Reem.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Pride never die?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I'd rather see Werdum go straight into a title fight if Hunt wins, with Hunt facing the loser of JDS/Overeem.

I see Struve winning in Japan though. Pairing him up against Werdum would be great.

What about the hottest free agent in MMA? Yes, I'm talking about Cole Konrad.

He's too busy making mad bank selling milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom