• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

The great Cole Konrad, the man who sharpened Brock into a UFC champion and future hall of famer, has a winning record vs. Cain on the mats.

He'd grind him down and work his superior jitz, winning by neck crank NHB style. No doubt in my mind.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, the Nintendo stuff is getting me through the day (as well as wasting cash on amazon). I especially like the Nintendo fans comparing numbers with PS2, Wii and 360, pretending those consoles didn't fly off the shelves whenever they were stocked.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
everything you post is made worse by Greg Jackson's mug under your name. i want to shank you both.
Once upon a time, Heel was a fence-siitter named sien916 who would fight anyone Joe Silver puts in front of him and had an avatar of Wand with glasses, a pink dress shirt, and a red sweater tied to his neck. This is the MMA-GAF Attitude era. Show me your tits, have a beer with me, and give me hell yeah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
0407_orjj5.gif

Honda's Primetime 2 brought to you by Uncle Creep is up
Which one of you wrote this?

9ExGO75.png

Heel

Yeah, I've noticed some dudes have some repressed anger towards me. Sorry playboys, I've got a black belt in NeoGAF Line Stepping'itsu and I ain't gettin' got for nobody.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

Heel

Speaking of, I saw Canderson is now willing to go to 170 to fight GSP in an attempt to duck Weidman.

He must have thought "Caralho! If I'm getting wrestlefucked and exposed as a fraud I might as well get paid for it."

TheNatural

My Member!
Speaking of, I saw Canderson is now willing to go to 170 to fight GSP in an attempt to duck Weidman.

He must have thought "Caralho! If I'm getting wrestlefucked and exposed as a fraud I might as well get paid for it."

Just like Sonnen was going to, right?

Maybe Weidcan decided in his one year plus layoff to join the next Jersey Shore with more of his demographic. And better opponents as well.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted in the last couple of pages, but Dana White has changed his mind on TRT:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/15/3993794/dana-white-ufc-testosterone-replacement-trt

"TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the fucking fight, that’s cheating, and I don’t like it anymore."

"There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you’re testosterone levels are too low then you’re probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! "

"We can test everybody. I’m telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready motherfuckers because we’re going to test the shit out of you."

"Some things recently have lead me to believe that people are fucking cheaters, people are taking good things and turning it into a bad thing and if you want to play those games then guess what, we’ll play!"

"There’s so much shit out there. Right now there’s banned substances and and we follow the regulations and we’re going after the banned substances, TRT was never one of them and they would be tested leading up to the fight to make sure the levels are good. If you’re on TRT now, you’re going to wish you weren’t. We’re going to test the living shit out of you."

"You have guys that go in there 100% natural with his talent and natural ability, against someone on TRT, basically someone thats on steroids. I’m absolutely 100 percent against TRT and now I’m going to start fighting it 100 percent with the athletic commissions and I want nothing to do with it."

Can't wait to seeing Victor Belfort look like a can again....Then again, who am I kidding, he's fighting Luke Rockhold.

I think he means "If you're using TRT like a steroid and going beyond levels during training than you're fucked." I don't think he cares if you use it the right way which is supposed to just keep you at normal levels. Also the age thing is shit. My nephew is 23 and he has to take TRT for life because his body just doesn't produce test like it should.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i cant believe how little zuffa and co care that a bunch of their top athletes are roided out cheaters. I mean has a single person gotten fired? Yea its awesome that you go on twitter and you shit on these people but they just come back in six months and theyre given title shots?? Our fair sport might have been better off staying in barns in iowa.

I think he means "If you're using TRT like a steroid and going beyond levels during training than you're fucked." I don't think he cares if you use it the right way which is supposed to just keep you at normal levels. Also the age thing is shit. My nephew is 23 and he has to take TRT for life because his body just doesn't produce test like it should.

The thing about Hypogonadism is that, if you've always had it, it's unlikely that you'd ever compete at the top levels of athletics. The doctor later in the interview even says as much. You take these guys like Chael, who've been top competitors in Wrestling since High School and College and you check their history. They haven't been on TRT their whole lives so how did they ever compete at such a high level?

And the legally allowed level isn't a "normal" level. They can't really measure that because different men produce at different levels. So they just ballpark it by saying "This is your reduced hormone level.. so we'll let you get to X times as high and still be ok to fight." The Doc in the interview says the rate is 6:1.

The thing about Hypogonadism is that, if you've always had it, it's unlikely that you'd ever compete at the top levels of athletics. The doctor later in the interview even says as much. You take these guys like Chael, who've been top competitors in Wrestling since High School and College and you check their history. They haven't been on TRT their whole lives so how did they ever compete at such a high level?

And the legally allowed level isn't a "normal" level. They can't really measure that because different men produce at different levels. So they just ballpark it by saying "This is your reduced hormone level.. so we'll let you get to X times as high and still be ok to fight." The Doc in the interview says the rate is 6:1.

Isn't the allowed level an average for athletes?

Isn't the allowed level an average for athletes?

According to the doc in that interview it's not an average level but a standard rate of 6:1. *Since every man naturally produces at different levels.. that has to be measured on an individual basis. That would require a baseline measurement of your testosterone with no outside testosterone in it. I'd assume that level would have to be low enough to qualify for TRT as well but I don't know if they check for that everytime. They may just take the results from whatever lab results qualified a fighter for TRT in the first place.*

Everything between asterisks is just my input and not the docs. But the ratio thing makes sense when you consider the rumors that had said Reem had 10 times the amount he should have. It was likely just that he had a 10:1 ratio instead of the allowed 6:1 ratio. Not as bad but still a lot more than he should've had.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LMAO @ this Tito/Cyborg press conference. High levels of comedy.

She's fighting Ediana Gomes for Invicta in April.

"[Ronda] no hespect me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom