• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
According to the doc in that interview it's not an average level but a standard rate of 6:1. *Since every man naturally produces at different levels.. that has to be measured on an individual basis. That would require a baseline measurement of your testosterone with no outside testosterone in it. I'd assume that level would have to be low enough to qualify for TRT as well but I don't know if they check for that everytime. They may just take the results from whatever lab results qualified a fighter for TRT in the first place.*

Everything between asterisks is just my input and not the docs. But the ratio thing makes sense when you consider the rumors that had said Reem had 10 times the amount he should have. It was likely just that he had a 10:1 ratio instead of the allowed 6:1 ratio. Not as bad but still a lot more than he should've had.

I wrote a better reply to this but the site lost it. The gist of it is that the T/E ratio doesn't represent a testoterone level, only the likelihood that the testosterone is coming from exogenous supplementation. If you're taking test (or a different anabolic steroid) natural hormone production changes. As a result your epitestosterone (E) declines whilst your testosterone (T) increases due to your gormandising ways. When people say that Sonnen and Reem had X times the test of a normal person they're fundamentally misunderstanding what the ratio represents. Anything above 6:1 is pretty much a dead cert for roid use, but you can be blasting high levels of roids and sneak through the test with a lower ratio depending on timing etc (rumour is this is what happened with Mir at the time of the random test that got Reem, as he was on TRT for the JDS fight). Conversely, if someone actually does have hypogonadism they could have a high ratio but low-normal test levels.

To check the actual T levels requires a blood test, which the ACs generally don't do. I think they might require it for getting the exemption in the first place, but I'm not sure about pre/post fight for those they do approve. Either way, Dana's going to have a hard time of it if he wants to be constantly checking test levels during training camps.

Off the top of my head, fighters who've used TRT in the ultimate:
Duffee
Hendo
Mur
Hallman
Forrest
Victor
Shale

Marquadt and I think Page are 'off' it now. Couture was probably on it too.

Yeah you definitely understand the science behind it much better than I do. But if I'm understanding your post correctly I sort of came to the right conclusions even though my theories were off. Would that be correct?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Jest: Yeah, pretty much the only thing you had wrong was the ratio=level stuff. But when that's the main test the commissions use and the only one that gets its results published and making headlines then it's pretty understandable that this perception has developed amongst MMA fans.

That's some great info. Thanks for clearing it up. And I'm definitely checking that video later Heel. Though I'm turning it off the first time Rogan mentions shrooms, lsd, or a deprivation tank.

301.gif

Right kick hospital

muddream

Banned
Keith Kizer is never going to do blood tests because it's more expensive and he's got little integrity in addition to a man pee fetish.

If Uncle Dana was serious about this he'd change his stance on VADA testing, but there's no way he'll risk big fights falling through just like Kizer.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If Uncle Dana was serious about this he'd change his stance on VADA testing, but there's no way he'll risk big fights falling through just like Kizer.

And put his faith and trust in Victor Cunte? Yeah, that's going to happen.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Keith Kizer is never going to do blood tests because it's more expensive and he's got little integrity in addition to a man pee fetish.

Exactly. Which is why Dana's newfound zealotry on stamping out TRT use will amount to nothing more than him looking like a favourites-playing hypocrite the next time he promotes a high profile fight featuring a fighter on the stuff.

Friends, if you're gonna do picks for the event today don't forget to get em in soon. They're locking up in 3 hours.

And when I looked at the picks I finally realized how amazing this event is today. A lot of great scraps. Bolded the ones I'm looking forward to ...

MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET)

Renan Barao vs. Michael "Mayday" McDonald - for interim bantamweight title
Dustin Poirier vs. Cub Swanson
Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa
Gunnar Nelson vs. Jorge Santiago
Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna

Che Mills vs. Matthew Riddle

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 12:15 p.m. ET)

Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Danny Castillo vs. Paul Sass
Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson

Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris

charsace

LMAO @ this Tito/Cyborg press conference. High levels of comedy.

She's fighting Ediana Gomes for Invicta in April.

"[Ronda] no hespect me."

She's the one acting like an idiot. Ronda said she would do 140 with blood testing and Cyborg, the one who came up with the 140 catchweight, turned down the idea. Anyone with a brain should know by now that the weight isn't the issue. Cyborg wants to be roided up like the boxer in IP Man 2.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
A title shot, guaranteed devastating KO with Jimi, and some other potential upsets... not to mention that I don't have to wake up early for it. So yeah, it's a decent card.

you guys watch TUF for fucks sake, no use in discussing the quality of cards with guys that consume bum fights on a regular basis.

What?! Are you saying guys like Gabe Ruediger, Andy Wang, Junie Browning, Danny Abbadi, and Pink Mohawk Guy have no skill?! Nonsense I tell you!

Vio-Lence

Banned
and who are you guys crapping, when the basis of your argument for being a quality card is that it's free. i can count the number of people in this thread that actually spend money on UFC cards on one hand, the rest of you guys are dumpster diving with Heel in illegal streams.

SteveWD40

It's an exiting card as far as the fights potential to be barn burners, you have several guys fighting for their place in the UFC for example (prelims are all coming off a loss iirc). Lack of employable skills motivation ftw.

The problem is, baring the top 3 on the main card (and that title fight is midgets) you have nothing that makes a bit of difference to any of the title pictures, so it's not exiting in that way.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
For a Fuel card it's pretty good. Barao/McDonald, Poirier/Swanson, and Gunnar the Gawd should all make for good fights.

I don't understand how certain members are allowed to have alts anyways.
I don't see any alts here, playboy. Can we just try and be welcoming to new members for once instead of comparing them to cans like yaco-friend?

Anyhow, I think the "shit card" reference is more about having to pick between a bunch of guys that are relatively low on the totem pole. It's like making picks for High School football. Sure some of the games may be good but it's a pain in the ass trying to make picks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh yeah, I agree. I can't be bothered to make picks for a card like this. Basically throwing darts at a board with that undercard.

Vio-Lence

Banned
lol Gareth that guy is such a tool. I'm so glad ESPN MMA Live is basically dead now, that show was so bad with him and McNeil.

had the ufc signed with espn the show would have likely gotten a much bigger push, the ufc on fox deal essentially killed the show, especially with dana poaching anik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom