• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
won't touch that thread. you can already hear the ominous sound of the incoming ban hammer approaching.

edit: fuckin redundancy. "incoming" already implies that it is "approaching".

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know which is worse, the hypersensitive knee-jerk defence of a multi-national company against an html ad or the people going all in with it, creating arguments in support of an html ad and throwing u mads left, right and centre. What really concerns me is this; does playing videogames somehow make me complicit in this culture, in the same way that buying a discount pair of ultimate fighting championship compression shorts fuels the spread of the rest of their garish apparel?

What really concerns me is this; does playing videogames somehow make me complicit in this culture, in the same way that buying a discount pair of ultimate fighting championship compression shorts fuels the spread of the rest of their garish apparel?

well, the same way enjoying black metal doesn't mean you go around burning churches and killing your band members, nope, bro, you safe and sound.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i'll never understand forming a weird attachment to any company..much less a videogame one that spent 15 years pretty much shitting on their fan base.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Even after it was pointed out, I still didn't know what the fuck you guys were talking about with the blue highlighted posts. Damn, that's way too subtle.

i'll never understand forming a weird attachment to any company..much less a videogame one that spent 15 years pretty much shitting on their fan base.

Nostalgia. I can understand a fondness for a company that provided many happy memories from your youth. It's not nearly as odd as grown men arguing iOS vs. Android when those two have only been around for like 6 years.

What really concerns me is this; does playing videogames somehow make me complicit in this culture, in the same way that buying a discount pair of ultimate fighting championship compression shorts fuels the spread of the rest of their garish apparel?
Buying garish apparel supports the spread of said apparel
Buying vidya gaemz supports the spread of vidya gaemz

So no. You're just supporting teh gaemz.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Even after it was pointed out, I still didn't know what the fuck you guys were talking about with the blue highlighted posts. Damn, that's way too subtle.

Nostalgia. I can understand a fondness for a company that provided many happy memories from your youth. It's not nearly as odd as grown men arguing iOS vs. Android when those two have only been around for like 6 years.

Yeah but it doesnt really justify some of the cultish behavior associated most often enough with nintendo fans. Buy system..have 3 games..wait for 2 years for another few decent game..complain about it all the way and then wait two years for the system to die so you can do it all over again.

Heel

@MMAjunkieJohn - Dana said Nick Diaz has already no-showed three planned "Countdown" tapings. Said he's costing them a sh*tload of money

@MMAjunkieJohn - Dana confirms the plan for Josh Barnett was to fight Junior Dos Santos. Doesn't think Barnett was afraid or anything - just didn't like deal

@MMAjunkieJohn - Dana said he wanted to sign "Cyborg" and send her to Invicta - and pay her purses. Instead, she's going to Invicta without a UFC deal.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah but it doesnt really justify some of the cultish behavior associated most often enough with nintendo fans. Buy system..have 3 games..wait for 2 years for another few decent game..complain about it all the way and then wait two years for the system to die so you can do it all over again.

You're only looking at the consoles, playboy. Nintendo fanboys swear by the DS and 3DS with the Wii and Wii U just being the extra stuff on the side.

charsace

Gaming side is pretty much sony side. If you make an MS or Nintendo next gen thread the first few pages are trolls vs sony threads where people are mostly celebrating. The funny thing is that most of the news from the 3 companies are the same, but the responses are wildly different.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thanks for the tidbits Heelio. It seems Diaz knows the fight is happening regardless since GSP wants the fight.

Some questions though:

Is Barnetto really in a position to want more money? Also the Cyborg deal would've worked like a UFC sponsorship, yes?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You're only looking at the consoles, playboy. Nintendo fanboys swear by the DS and 3DS with the Wii and Wii U just being the extra stuff on the side.

So even worse then. The last thing i ever bought from nintendo was the ds and through its entire life span i managed to collect a whopping six games.
*edit*

We probably spent way too much energy talking about this as is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Saying gaf is "pro Sony" or "pro MS" or "pro Nintento"...well I'll just say to examine your own biases.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gaming side is pretty much sony side. If you make an MS or Nintendo next gen thread the first few pages are trolls vs sony threads where people are mostly celebrating. The funny thing is that most of the news from the 3 companies are the same, but the responses are wildly different.

Open any PSVita thread and then tell me GAF is pro-Sony. Honestly, I don't see any major bias for one of the 3 companies.

So even worse then. The last thing i ever bought from nintendo was the ds and through its entire life span i managed to collect a whopping six games.
*edit*

We probably spent way too much energy talking about this as is.
You're not a Nintendo zealot though, neither am I. That's why I think the 3DS library is total shit but plenty of people would say it's the best gaming platform around. Nintendo handhelds have never suffered from droughts the way the consoles do.

charsace

Saying gaf is "pro Sony" or "pro MS" or "pro Nintento"...well I'll just say to examine your own biases.

I've seen two ad threads on here this week that involved sony where people celebrate. There was one thread where MS worker gets asked a question, he answers, and the first few pages are trolling. Compare the sony camera threads to the kinect threads. Look at the first few pages any Nintendo and MS next gen threads and compare them to Sony threads. You can't even discuss Nintendo or MS topics because you get nothing but retarded spam. Stupid power level stuff, secret sauce, failing nintendo, time to fire reggie, etc. MS is chasing casuals with the media box, Nintendo confusing people with another casual box, Sony is going for the hardcore (even though Sony is doing the same thing MS is and Nintendo is the company that puts out the traditional gaming system). MS opening new studios equals "lol more kinect guys." Nintendo tablet controller, "more gimmicks!."

Anything that isn't related to a sony system is turned into a shit fest for the first few pages until people get bored and then people can have real discussions. Take a look at the thread about MS announcing 4 new games as an example of this.

Dedicated handheld gaming is for kids so I don't read any of the threads nor do I care for them. I read instead of gaming on handhelds. The last handheld I bought was neogeo pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if the trolling is bad since I can imagine that most of the posters are kids.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dedicated handheld gaming is for kids so I don't read any of the threads nor do I care for them. I read instead of gaming on handhelds. The last handheld I bought was neogeo pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if the trolling is bad since I can imagine that most of the posters are kids.

If you don't read the negative Sony threads, I guess GAF does seem pro-Sony. Derp.

As far as the Wii U goes, there's literally nothing to be positive about. The console is selling at Sega Saturn levels and the best game from now until June will be a PC port of Need for Speed. I'm a Wii U owner but there's no sugarcoating that shit.

The Microsoft negativity is mostly related to their focus on Kinect over the past several years.

If Gaf is pro anything it's pro-cynicism. But the Monolithsoft thread for that X game for the wii u was overwhelmingly positive. So much so that when people bring up real issues with the wii u, people quote that game as if it could solve any problem that could ever occur.

Gaf has pulled no punches with shitting on the vita. Gaf has pulled no punches with shitting on both Sony and MS for the anti used game rumors.

The only reason people are remotely positive about Sony is because more of the rumors about Sony are pro gaming while MS has been a mixed bag and Nintendo has shit the bed on releases. Give it time and Sony will do something stupid again and the tone will change for them as well. Every company has been a darling child at one point and then a reject the next. I have to agree with friend alr1ght. If you see it differently, you need to take a look at your own bias.

Heel

Thanks for the tidbits Heelio. It seems Diaz knows the fight is happening regardless since GSP wants the fight.

Some questions though:

Is Barnetto really in a position to want more money? Also the Cyborg deal would've worked like a UFC sponsorship, yes?

As far as Barnett goes, it was said there was one stipulation in the contract that they couldn't come to terms on. Maybe pro wrasslin' in Japan? No idea.

Cyborg deal...I have no idea what the motivation is for the UFC to pay her to fight elsewhere, and for Tito to refuse. It makes no sense to me.

Tito's presser announcing the Cyborg deal is a must watch, though. What a train wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnrI1l6qvO4

As far as Barnett goes, it was said there was one stipulation in the contract that they couldn't come to terms on. Maybe pro wrasslin' in Japan? No idea.

Cyborg deal...I have no idea what the motivation is for the UFC to pay her to fight elsewhere, and for Tito to refuse. It makes no sense to me.

Tito's presser announcing the Cyborg deal is a must watch, though. What a train wreck.

Building the UFC name by proxy. Cyborg being signed to the UFC and running through Invicta fighters would be a huge talking point for Dana in the whole "UFC has the best fighters" deal. I'm sure it would have been a limited deal on fighting in Invicta.. then Cyborg v. Rousey, then a whole "We have the undeniably best woman in the world.. come sign with us to get your shot" strat to getting more women to fill out the division.

dream

I have it on good word that young McKayla is an avid Xbox gamer.

4e5b4dc2761911e29fe522000a1f97ce_7.jpg

Jump in. :)

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I think every new console is going to underperform. The world has changed.

Yeh. Doesn't help that a lot of gaming fans have been disenfranchised with shit like RROD, Pay to play etc. Sony sort of fucked shit up the least I guess so they may have gotten a few more fans at the expense of the others.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Lol Tito. "If I could only say a few words.......... I'd be a better public speaker."

how hard is it to program a shoot'em-up, R-Type style?

i need to play a license for an engine, right?

Yeh. Doesn't help that a lot of gaming fans have been disenfranchised with shit like RROD, Pay to play etc. Sony sort of fucked shit up the least I guess so they may have gotten a few more fans at the expense of the others.

Sony seems to have a "yeah, our machine does a lot of shit but look at the games we gonna have!!!!!!" which, for better or worse, brings in a lot of people, while MS new strategy seems to be driving them away.

Eh.. sort of. They still have the whole PSN hacking incident even if logically it wasn't their fault. The general public still blames them for it.

Have any of you ever had Thai Pancakes? They might be my favorite snack food.

Oh and Dream answer my question. Have you ever read Razor's Edge?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Diaz needs to get his shit together. I wouldnt be surprised if he's the first fighter to be terminated for being a fucking flake.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Nick is just scared of face the GOD. I mean wouldn't you guys be afraid of being humiliated by a Frenchman?

It's not like he has a thwirly mustache and is going to assault him with a baguette while wearing a beret and a stripey shirt. Nick just needs to accept his fate as a grape thats about to be stepped on.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Ah, thanks again.

As for Tito "my hands are as solid around her as possibly" this is something else. Now he's trying to cut a promo for Cyborg... smh.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
you guys watch TUF for fucks sake, no use in discussing the quality of cards with guys that consume bum fights on a regular basis.
Seriously. Its like complaining about how you think Hooters is exploitative after coming home from a long night at a titty bar. Suddenly you've got standards?

Nostalgia. I can understand a fondness for a company that provided many happy memories from your youth.
This is what keeps people married for many years after the spark is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom