• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Levito

Banned
I doubt the UFC will let Rory go. He's reeeeeally popular in Canada, especially in BC. (plus who wouldn't wanna see Rory fight Robbie again)

Speaking of that, what's everyone's favorite fights ever? Some of mine are:

-Rory Macdonald vs Robbie Lawler 2 (Best fight of all time imo)
-Shogun Rua vs Dan Henderson 1
-Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson
-Fedor Emelianenko vs Cro Cop
-Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2
-Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva
-Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey
-Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 1

Fox318

Nothing beats this for me. I was there live surrounded by Honda t-shirts, screaming my lungs out for Holly to get that head kick KO.

Rewatching that fight is amazing to see just how bad Rhonda looks.

She ran into every kick and punch and frankly she looked out of shape. She really didn't even try to get it on the ground.

Then her coach is telling her she won the round and did great.

Levito

Banned
"Great job blocking Holly's punches with your face, Champ. beautiful work!" - Edmond Tarverdyan, best coach in the sport.

brentech

Silva vs. Forrest
Silva vs. Bonnar

Anything that makes these two look like the tools they are is my favorite.
Just the worst that two guys with low talent, but in the right place at the right time were able to draw massive attention to the sport. Tools.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Also korean zombie is fucking amazing. Everyone of his fights he fights so fucking tough and smart.

Just looked up what he was doing and he's got another half-year at least on his South Korean military service. Crazy. Looking forward to him coming back, he's still young. But it's nuts to give up two years in a fighter's late 20s :\ I hear that service is a big deal over there. You can sorta get around it, but movie and music stars who do that can have their careers derailed because the public really doesn't like that.

jay23

I doubt the UFC will let Rory go. He's reeeeeally popular in Canada, especially in BC. (plus who wouldn't wanna see Rory fight Robbie again)

Speaking of that, what's everyone's favorite fights ever? Some of mine are:

-Rory Macdonald vs Robbie Lawler 2 (Best fight of all time imo)
-Shogun Rua vs Dan Henderson 1
-Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson
-Fedor Emelianenko vs Cro Cop
-Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2
-Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva
-Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey
-Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 1

Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez

I instantly thought it was the best UFC fight of all time once it was finished.

But then this happened

http://m.imgur.com/xx55XT2

Were does UFC 189 rank in terms of best UFC events of all time?

TheChits

I'll sit down and think about it later, but just some off the top of my head I haven't seen mentioned
Korean Zombie vs Dustin Poirier
Zingano vs Tate
Gus vs Cormier
Matt Grice vs Dennis Bermudez
Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann
Chris Leben vs Sexyama

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Look who got arrested again

0316-jason-miller-mug-2.jpg

Heel

Offshore Gambling Site Laundered $2 Million in Amazon Gift Cards, Feds Say

The operators of an offshore gambling website used Amazon gift cards to launder nearly $2 million over the past few years, a Department of Homeland Security investigator alleged in a recent application for a seizure warrant filed in the U.S. District Court in Philadelphia.

The filing alleges that the Costa Rica-based gambling site, 5Dimes, instructed U.S. customers to use Amazon gift cards to fund their 5Dimes sports betting, in an effort to skirt the U.S. financial system. The feds say 5Dimes also paid out winnings to U.S. customers in Amazon gift cards, or in merchandise they picked out on Amazon.com.

Carny as frick.

FUME5

She implemented Homer's strategy when he fought Dredrick Tatum.

Got EA UFC 2 waiting for me at home. Hopefully its decent.

Impressions? Thinking of picking this up at lunch. Was a fan of Yukes work and thought the first EA UFC game was a significant step backwards in a lot of areas.

Anybody got any hot tips for this weeks card?

Levito

Banned
How do you fucking go up against Robbie knowing that you'll need to kill him to beat him?

Robbie is pretty much the best example of someone that turned their career around for the better and then some.

Like dude got knocked out by Nick Diaz in 2004 and now he's the champion. Pretty amazing.

brentech

Impressions? Thinking of picking this up at lunch. Was a fan of Yukes work and thought the first EA UFC game was a significant step backwards in a lot of areas.

I didn't bother with the online in UFC 1, but online in UFC 2 is far superior than anything THQ ended up with. Roster size is pretty good this time around. I actually like their version of ultimate team quite a bit.

But yea, they still don't have the distance context striking that was a huge part of the undisputed games. And not having pride mode is kind of obvious, but a bummer since we've had it before.

FUME5

I didn't bother with the online in UFC 1, but online in UFC 2 is far superior than anything THQ ended up with. Roster size is pretty good this time around. I actually like their version of ultimate team quite a bit.

But yea, they still don't have the distance context striking that was a huge part of the undisputed games. And not having pride mode is kind of obvious, but a bummer since we've had it before.

Cheers.

BABY SLICE COMING TO A BELLATOR CAGE NEAR YOU

In something that was attempted to be kept under the radar until the show, Kevin Ferguson Jr., the son of Kimbo Slice, made his debut on 3/12 in Chicopee, MA under the name Baby Slice. He defeated Tom Brinks in a 175 pound fight for the Warrior Nation promotion with a right cross in the first round

I may be forgetting a card but i think every Brazil card has been great with the exception of the first Brazil TUF finale.

That said I'd bet on GSP/Andy happening before they let Cyborg fight Holm or Tate.

Guru-Guru

Banned
How do you guys think Mir vs Hunt is going to end? I'm leaning towards Mir getting KO'd. They are both pretty fat, but Mir gasses out ridiculously fast lately, and has looked so out of shape. Considering his size, Hunt has decent cardio and manages his energy way better.

FUME5

How do you guys think Mir vs Hunt is going to end? I'm leaning towards Mir getting KO'd. They are both pretty fat, but Mir gasses out ridiculously fast lately, and has looked so out of shape. Considering his size, Hunt has decent cardio and manages his energy way better.

Hunto by KO.

Sorry couldn't break away from The Division long enough to take UFC out of its shrink wrap.

And hot tip - Hunt via murder death kill

jay23

Oh my god that staredown at the end of round 4 STILL give me chills. Did y'all see what Rory said was going through his mind at that moment? He revealed it during an AMA here. (It's perfect)

UFC 189 is the best event of all time imo.

Wow that makes that moment even more badass.

I can't believe how the ufc is treating their fighters. It would suck if a lot of good fighters start leaving but I kind of hope it does so they can realize how stupid they are for the Reebok deal and not treating their fighters right.

That fight and UFC 189 are the best.

Completely agree, I need to come up with a list of the best events to show friends who want to start watching more often.

Robbie is pretty much the best example of someone that turned their career around for the better and then some.

Like dude got knocked out by Nick Diaz in 2004 and now he's the champion. Pretty amazing.

Would love a rematch between these 2 I have a feeling it would be a 5 round war this time.

zewone

travis browne vs cain. mousasi vs derek Brunson. both at UFC 200.

Those are pretty good fights, but not UFC 200 hype level. The main events better be spectacular.

Top Bottom