• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

IKizzLE

What would be the card you would put for UFC 200? Assuming something similar to UFC 100, which we had:

• Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir (championship fight)
  • Georges St-Pierre vs Thiago Alves (championship fight)
  • Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping
  • Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago
  • Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Alan Belcher

So 2 belts on the line and some damn good fights. Even had some good fights outside the main event.

I would go with 3 belts on the line:

• Connor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar OR Jose Aldo II (championship fight)
  • Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson II OR Anthony Johnson (championship fight) (obviously only if Jones wins at UFC 197)
  • Miesha Tate vs Rhonda Rousey III OR Holy Holm II (championship fight)
  • Anderson Silva vs Georges St Pierre (superfight, at 170 or 175 lb catch weight) OR Robbie Lawler vs Georges St Pierre (championship fight, if Cormier wins at UFC 197)
  • Cain Velasquez vs Josh Barnett OR Travis Browne (a good heavyweight fight)

I might be a bit greedy, but UFC should really do something special for these 200, 300, etc events.

Add Nate vs Anjos

broz0rs

What's everyone's go-to place for MMA news? I used to frequent r/MMA but it's turning into one of the worst circlejerks.

I think the best thing for me personally is to know which mma writers I enjoy reading articles from and follow their twitter accounts.

-------------------------

This makes me so happy..

CdSvbBiUEAA-pcO.jpg

https://twitter.com/extratv/status/708384008514592769

Let's all take a moment and embrace the Nate Diaz mainstream push. All but assures Diaz vs. Lawler

FStop7

Banned
I've gotten super deep into watching BJJ matches on Youtube. I watched all of the first EBI and some Metamoris stuff last night. It feels so much different to watch than MMA.

I've gotten super deep into watching BJJ matches on Youtube. I watched all of the first EBI and some Metamoris stuff last night. It feels so much different to watch than MMA.
Mackenzie Dern vs Gabi Garcia, win by advantage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zNPO8biM_w
the gorgeous Gezary Matuda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygznOKgdcrE
Jacare vs Roger Gracie, Jacare wins with a broken arm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUeIBubHDM

Look up Rafael Mendes, Marcelo Garcia, Damian Maia too

Evidently Holm-Tate 2 is in the works for 200
Ugh are you fucking kidding me? I'm so sick of rematches. And it doesn't even make sense for Holm. She's soundly beaten on her first title defense and she gets a second chance? If your not gonna put Ronda in there give Cat or McMann or Nunes a chance.

Fox318

Ugh are you fucking kidding me? I'm so sick of rematches. And it doesn't even make sense for Holm. She's soundly beaten on her first title defense and she gets a second chance? If your not gonna put Ronda in there give Cat or McMann or Nunes a chance.
Nunes looked like shit in her last fight.

FStop7

Banned
Was it Nunes who was calling out for "Donna" White's attention during her post-fight interview and then begging Tate for a fight during the press conf?

-MD-

Was it Nunes who was calling out for "Donna" White's attention during her post-fight interview and then begging Tate for a fight during the press conf?

Yep, nearly got beat by a #10 ranked fighter then begs Dana for a title shot in her post-fight, then begs Miesha for the fight at the conference.

Chick needs to take another fight and slow her roll a bit, her supporters do too.

Fox318

Fair enough but that's not the point. The point is I'd rather see other people work for title shots and let these divisions flow instead of jamming them up with constant rematches.
If she didn't lose I'd rather see Shevchenko get a shot.

She actually looks like she could last 5 rounds.

Right now Nunez isn't a draw.

Fox318

Cat vs Tate and Holm vs Honda would be ideal.
The issue is nobody has any idea when Ronda is fighting.

Frankly rewatching her last fight she looked so fucking out of shape and she's still got the equivlent of the guy who thinks because he saw rocky he can coach boxing as her coach.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
What's everyone's go-to place for MMA news? I used to frequent r/MMA but it's turning into one of the worst circlejerks.

This thread, MMAFighting.com and Sherdog. In that order.

MMAFighting have a good Morning Report that can keep you up-to-date with a lot of day-to-day MMA stuff.

Haunted

Tate vs Holm was a very even match with Holm's advantage going into the final round and a dramatic, last-minute effort and finish by Tate.

I can see the desire for new faces and giving more people a chance, but as far as storylines and matchups go, it's a good fit for a rematch.

More interesting and even than Tate-Rousey (Rousey as huge favourite) or Holm-Rousey (Holm as huge favourite), at least.

MMAjunkie (mostly for Ben Fowlkes) and MMAfighting digest all the news pretty quickly. They have done good roundup posts as well to see everything at a glance.

broz0rs

The Invicta champ, Ayaka Hamasaki.. "I tried to break Amber Brown's arm, but she was too strong."

That arm went way back too.

Connor turned down a Nate Diaz rematch for UFC200. Dude is gonna go back to fighting midgets. Frankie, Aldo, and Holloway are foaming at the mouth to take on Connor as his confidence looks like it took a hit.

Fox318

Connor turned down a Nate Diaz rematch for UFC200. Dude is gonna go back to fighting midgets. Frankie, Aldo, and Holloway are foaming at the mouth to take on Connor as his confidence looks like it took a hit.
There isn't really any money in a re match.

I honestly think Frankie is where the money is for 200 and if Conner wins you sell out croke park for aldo vs coner

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
There isn't really any money in a re match.

There's money whenever Connor fights.

The problem behind a rematch is that it does nothing for either fighter, and the UFC should be focusing on meaningful fights.

I'm still thinking about who should fight McGregor next: Aldo or Edgar.
1) Aldo deserves a rematch, and he's done enough to warrant an instant rematch.
2) Edgar has done more than practically than anyone else in UFC history to get a title shot.

The only other game in town at 145 is Holloway, and I'd say he needs another fight before getting a title shot. Maybe McGregor/Edgar and Aldo/Holloway would be the way to go.

As for Nate Diaz, he should be considered the No. 1 contender at 155.

SteveWD40

Connor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar OR Jose Aldo II (championship fight)
Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson II OR Anthony Johnson (championship fight) (obviously only if Jones wins at UFC 197)
Miesha Tate vs Rhonda Rousey III OR Holy Holm II (championship fight)
Anderson Silva vs Georges St Pierre (superfight, at 170 or 175 lb catch weight) OR Robbie Lawler vs Georges St Pierre (championship fight, if Cormier wins at UFC 197)
Cain Velasquez vs Josh Barnett OR Travis Browne (a good heavyweight fight)

For some reason I am still dying to see this, despite all the signs being it would be boring as shit.

SteveWD40

Jessamyn Duke got destroyed in that last Invicta. Geez, that's like 4 losses in a row. 4 Horsewomen can't catch a break.

I really hated that shtick, just felt like 3 amateur level fighters riding on Honda's coat tails.

Turns out that was exactly what it was.

Yaari

I remember when Marina Shafir started, she made the claim she'd beat Cyborg within a year. Then she got KO'd. And then she got KO'd another time. And now she's probably done with it.

Probs to Ronda for hanging around as long as she did under the striking training of Edmond.

Fox318

There's money whenever Connor fights.

The problem behind a rematch is that it does nothing for either fighter, and the UFC should be focusing on meaningful fights.

I'm still thinking about who should fight McGregor next: Aldo or Edgar.
1) Aldo deserves a rematch, and he's done enough to warrant an instant rematch.
2) Edgar has done more than practically than anyone else in UFC history to get a title shot.

The only other game in town at 145 is Holloway, and I'd say he needs another fight before getting a title shot. Maybe McGregor/Edgar and Aldo/Holloway would be the way to go.

As for Nate Diaz, he should be considered the No. 1 contender at 155.

Here is what you book.

McGregor vs Frankie

If McGregor wins you book him vs Aldo in Ireland

If Frankie wins you book a rematch of Aldo vs McGregor for a shot at the title and Frankie faces Holloway to defend the belt.

Levito

Banned
Does Fightpass lag for anyone else? I tried watching UFC 56 on the weekend and even on 240p it was lagging out and skipping to no end for me.

brentech

Does Fightpass lag for anyone else? I tried watching UFC 56 on the weekend and even on 240p it was lagging out and skipping to no end for me.
I've surprisingly had little problems with it. Here and there it wouldn't feed to my chromecast, but the videos have never given me problems and or had bad quality.
I've definitely seem complaints though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GSP will only come back to fight Nate or Connor. They're both hot right now and easily winnable fights for him.

Fox318

I got fightpass with 196 PPV for 6 months and while parts of it are great on android I'm having issues loading some fights.

Also korean zombie is fucking amazing. Everyone of his fights he fights so fucking tough and smart.

Top Bottom