• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

https://twitter.com/NakedGambling/status/707702432256692224

giphy.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
^wow. Thought it was a joke at first.

Also, Kenny Rice is getting replaced with Mauro on Inside MMA.
CdINUmMVAAAJlak.jpg

I see he gave up on giving up on his hair.

RBH

UrFight-995x565.jpg

Jim Ross revealed in his latest blog that he will be calling the “UR Fight” iPPV event on Sunday, March 20th from the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona with Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio.

The event will also feature Dan Severn vs. Tank Abbott, replacing Ken Shamrock, in a MMA Fight, Michael Bisping vs. Chael Sonnen in a Grappling Match and Roy Jones Jr. vs. college basketball player and MMA fighter Vyron Phillips in a Boxing Match.

Ross wrote the following on his blog and Twitter:

“THIS JUST IN….. I will be on the broadcast team for urshow.tv on PPV Sunday March 20 from Phoenix. It’s pro wrestling, boxing, MMA and grappling all on one card and all on one PPV. Visit urshow.tv for all the incredulous information. This will be the most outrageous, unpredictable show that I’ve ever called in all likelihood. More info coming soon. Follow me on twitter @JRsBBQ and @urshowtv for more timely info.”

SteveWD40

Michael Bisping vs. Chael Sonnen in a Grappling Match

Surprised Bisping agreed to this, of course it's not MMA so the UFC should be fine with it, but what's the point? he earns hundreds of K per fight, not short of cash and is still very active. Chael is going to run through him as well, and that's coming from someone who feels Mike has an underrated mat game. Take away the cage, his TDD and the ability to strike and I don't see it going well for him.

Banglish

Surprised Bisping agreed to this, of course it's not MMA so the UFC should be fine with it, but what's the point? he earns hundreds of K per fight, not short of cash and is still very active. Chael is going to run through him as well, and that's coming from someone who feels Mike has an underrated mat game. Take away the cage, his TDD and the ability to strike and I don't see it going well for him.

Maybe for more grappling experience? Competition?

SteveWD40

Maybe for more grappling experience? Competition?

Yeah, I admire him for it if that's true, maybe he thinks he has something to prove both in pure grappling and due to the loss to Chael that was close.

Still, don't fancy his chances, but good on him as he isn't doing it for the payday.

I was just in Gamestop waiting for my wife to finish work. 2 young girls were browsing the games and one picks up the UFC 2 box with McGregor and Rousey on the cover and says how she can't wait to play it, and then goes "but they put two losers on the cover, who does that??"

Cold as fuckin ice

zewone

going through fightpass

Garcia vs Zombie 1 is amazing

My number one least favorite MMA fighter in the world is Leonard Garcia.

Dude stole so many wins from judges who have no idea what they're looking at.

He has 1% accuracy and zero technique.

Gah

Fox318

My number one least favorite MMA fighter in the world is Leonard Garcia.

Dude stole so many wins from judges who have no idea what they're looking at.

He has 1% accuracy and zero technique.

Gah

I mean that fight is a cartoon.

But its an amazing cartoon.

And Jung got robbed.

Fox318

Yeah, it definitely is.

Check out the 2nd fight if they have it on there. Amazing.

I miss Korean Zombie.

That fight was incredible.

Honestly that's making me think of taking BJJ or MMA classes. I used to wrestle and I knida miss working out on a mat

Dave Meltzer's number notes for the last UFC from Wrestling Observer Radio:

-Prelim numbers second-highest in FS1 history. Barely beaten by 194 w/ Uriah on top. Did beat those 194 ratings in the 18-49 demo.

-Weigh-ins set all-time record

-Pre-show all time record

-Internet PPV set all time record (according to source—UFC doesn’t release this info)

-Fox Sports website DOUBLED number of hits from 194 including Ariel Helwani’s interview w/ Conor that did 15 MILLION VIEWERS. Described as “insane” by Meltzer.

-To put the UFC’s business in context, the UFC has had the last 3-out-of-4 PPVs do over 1M buys… “I don’t think anyone [any organization] has ever done that in history.”

-“People are going to look back on this as the' Austin-Rock Era' of the UFC"​

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Yeah, I admire him for it if that's true, maybe he thinks he has something to prove both in pure grappling and due to the loss to Chael that was close.

Still, don't fancy his chances, but good on him as he isn't doing it for the payday.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Bendo does the same thing regularly.

zewone

It's weird that Conor is a bigger PPV draw but Ronda seems like she's way more culturally relevant.

Conor's really not that far behind if he is at all.

Ronda has the women aspect of her being more of an original story. Never had such a dominating women in combat sports.

Levito

Banned
Conor's really not that far behind if he is at all.

Ronda has the women aspect of her being more of an original story. Never had such a dominating women in combat sports.

I think the difference is you can say "that fighter girl" and everyone knows who you're talking about. Can't say that really happens with Conor.

What would be the card you would put for UFC 200? Assuming something similar to UFC 100, which we had:

• Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir (championship fight)
  • Georges St-Pierre vs Thiago Alves (championship fight)
  • Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping
  • Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago
  • Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Alan Belcher

So 2 belts on the line and some damn good fights. Even had some good fights outside the main event.

I would go with 3 belts on the line:

• Connor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar OR Jose Aldo II (championship fight)
  • Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson II OR Anthony Johnson (championship fight) (obviously only if Jones wins at UFC 197)
  • Miesha Tate vs Rhonda Rousey III OR Holy Holm II (championship fight)
  • Anderson Silva vs Georges St Pierre (superfight, at 170 or 175 lb catch weight) OR Robbie Lawler vs Georges St Pierre (championship fight, if Cormier wins at UFC 197)
  • Cain Velasquez vs Josh Barnett OR Travis Browne (a good heavyweight fight)

I might be a bit greedy, but UFC should really do something special for these 200, 300, etc events.

Levito

Banned
What's everyone's go-to place for MMA news? I used to frequent r/MMA but it's turning into one of the worst circlejerks.

Top Bottom