• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

If I had photoshop skills Id change the chair name from Phantom to Phenom and replace him with this
ylpxust.jpg

broz0rs

The UFC is doing what it has to do get the highest bid for their company. The bidding companies shouldn't know how much each are offering. For this information ($4.2 billion) to go public, screws with the UFC's leverage to get each of the parties to proxy up their bids. It's a glorious thing Botter is doing if what he's reporting about has an ounce of truth to it.

Heel

Joe Schilling just became the poster child of "when keeping it real goes wrong". The kind of loss that haunts you in your sleep.

Yaari

Ugh. Reading rumors about Ryan Jimmo having passed away. Being hit by a truck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/4q0j1k/ryan_jimmo_reportedly_dead_after_being_struck_by/

There was an argument and he got ran over afterwards according to this post

"He was being tailgate and was brake checking to get the guy to stop. Eventually pulled over..they both got out and had words. Ryan was the bigger man and was headed back to get in his car when this fucking ass hole ran him over. There's reported to be a licence plate and video. His murderer is still not found"

brentech

Fight Pass's search not being complete junk makes for a nice rabbit hole of MMA. Not sure why, but I was thinking of James Irvin's quick KOs, watched those, then was like, oh yeah, remember when Houston Alexander was a thing.....better watch some of his crazy shit like against Jardine.
Alexander's career was such a flash in the pan in the UFC, but mother fucker still fighting today. His last 5 fights he is 0-4-1

Ah man. I was a fan of Jimmo from back in the MFC days and had always hoped he'd make his way to the UFC and was so happy when he did. He seemed like a cool dude. Funny, smart, and well articulate for a fighter. That's a big bummer.

I rarely come on GAF anymore, but saw that Jimmo news. Man, he was legitimately one of my favorite fighters. Loved watching those mma events Friday nights on HDNet. Life can be gone in an instant.

Levito

Banned
Punk clearly feels confident.

When Buffer announces him will he call punk undefeated?

"FIGHTING OUT OF THE BLUE CORNER... This man has a beard. Holding a professional record of zero wins with zero losses. AND THE REIGHNING, DEFENDING, UUUUNDISPUTED COMIC BOOK WRITING, ZERO FIGHT RECORD'ING, DAPPRER MIDDLE AGED CELEBRITY GUY OF THE WOOOORLD

C

M

PUUUUUUNNNNK
"

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
GSP CHEESESTEAK UPDATE

8P1WzHt.png

2nd CHEESESTEAK SELFIE IN A MONTH

Bulking up for MW

Punk clearly feels confident.

When Buffer announces him will he call punk undefeated?
Can I just say it irritates me that they are calling him CM Punk. Like I get its precedented. Kimbo didnt use his real name for example, and I understand the mma/pro wrestling connecation, but it irritates me that he is using that stupid fucking name.

Top Bottom