• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

N° 2048

Never would have pegged Wonderboy as a future champ coming into the UFC. Thought it was all flash, but he's going to make Lawler look bad

While I can see him keeping Lawler at bay, if Robby lands some of those shots Wonderboy might get KOd.

Lawler vs Wonderboy is going to be fucking amazing.

Really? Because everyone said Rory v Wonderboy was going to be amazing, and it was a snooze fest. I love Rory and i can appreciate a solid technical fight, but that was 25 minutes of Wonderboy hopping around landing the occasional jab

Rewatched this fresh what fight did the third judge watch Thompson clearly won every round.

Also want to know more about the Chad Mendes doping violation.

Anyone see that movie Concussion with Will Smith? Pretty shitty movie, but interesting subject. Wonder how many MMA-athletes suffer, or will die, from CTE.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy#/Mixed_martial_arts Pretty dismal reading.

Lawler seems a prime candidate, Manhoef, Struve, Henderson, Wanderlei, etc as well.

Wanderlei recently said he has 12 of the 15 signs of CTE. At the moment people think MMA is safer than boxing but I think it just hasn't been studied long enough to be conclusive yet. Yeah you take less shots to the head than in boxing, but boxers at least don't keep getting pounded on while out cold like in MMA

Heel

I'll assume Dana is contractually obligated to stay on for a set number of years, then fucks off to play blackjack.

"We have future hall of famer Rob Gronkowski sitting octagon side. Always great to see the Gronk! And remember, when enjoying crudité at your UFC party to dip into Hidden Valley ranch. The only dressing with the testicles to enter the Octagon."

Takuan

GSP said on MMA Hour he's ready to return, and namedropped Bisping

I feel perfectly confident calling Bisping the GOAT if he ends his wonderful 2016 as champ by slaying the returning GSP

Rogan's been pretty open about leaving when they're sold

Lol, so GSP is gonna come back and just retire again if he wins.

Dysun

Easy money for George

can't believe Luke the fraud let Bisping win the title
Everyone in that division is licking their chops

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wanderlei recently said he has 12 of the 15 signs of CTE. At the moment people think MMA is safer than boxing but I think it just hasn't been studied long enough to be conclusive yet. Yeah you take less shots to the head than in boxing, but boxers at least don't keep getting pounded on while out cold like in MMA

What do you call it when a boxer is concussed and stands up again?

And Wanderlei's out of ring head trauma likely far exceeds his in ring damage. Which is absolutely plentiful to begin with.

Those goofs at chute box would knock each other out regularly during training/sparring. I'm sure Wanderlei is outside of the norm for mma and head trauma.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Eating jabs for five rounds can't be good, even if you don't get knocked out. So GSP better not come back, for his opponents health's sake.

-MD-

Who do we want in the commentary box?

If Joe leaves? Hardy I suppose.

Really? Because everyone said Rory v Wonderboy was going to be amazing, and it was a snooze fest. I love Rory and i can appreciate a solid technical fight, but that was 25 minutes of Wonderboy hopping around landing the occasional jab

I enjoyed the fight. I think Lawler/Wonderboy will be fun.

Mir was great when he commented for WEC. Hardy has too big of an ego and would insist on calling out every 170 pounder he sees in the octagon. Robin Black is good but can't stand looking at his dyed spiked hair.

As ridiculous as some Roganisms are, I don't think I could stand hearing Robin Black ramble about flim-flam and I'm skeptical of his overall fight knowledge. Are there any examples of him commentating?

Levito

Banned
As ridiculous as some Roganisms are, I don't think I could stand hearing Robin Black ramble about flim-flam and I'm skeptical of his overall fight knowledge. Are there any examples of him commentating?

His commentating isn't like is fight analysis videos. He was great commentating Shooto recently.

Heel

EXCLUSIVE: UFC sent Jeremy Botter legal threat regarding his story on UFC accepting bids to be sold

Jeremy Botter says the #UFC is not yet sold -- the high bid was accepted. The sale should take a few weeks to complete. #UFCsale

Jeremy Botter says that the #UFC's legal team sent him a letter saying that they did not accept a winning bid but he stands by his story.

Jeremy Botter says he missed a call from the 702 area code 20 minutes before this interview & that it could have been #UFC management.

"They do have moles in Zuffa."

Jeremy Botter says Campbell Williams, on behalf of the UFC, legal papers read, "govern your actions accordingly."

This website goof should've asked for comment like a real journalist.

Fox318

Everyone knows that's an empty threat.

Hell if journalists can publish leaked medical information without breaking Hippa they can release a potential buyout.

Top Bottom