• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

brentech

Yeah, official UFC podcast, but they've had some really interesting interviews so far. Serra trips all over himself, but he and Jim work well together in this situation.
Every now and then it gets a little too loose for a minute or two and it feels like the awkward bullshit at the start of Dana White Looking for a Fight, but 95% each episode has been great so far.

Heel

Deadspin: Why Are So Many MMA Fighters Truthers, Conspiracists, And Just Plain Weird?

pbbRJkCl.jpg

Always good to keep in mind that Ronda is a Sandy Hook truther.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Dgital-Media-Partner-Exclusive-On-Demand-Audio-Series?id=
Uncle Dana is probably the editor, if he knows how to use a computer.

Yeah, official UFC podcast, but they've had some really interesting interviews so far. Serra trips all over himself, but he and Jim work well together in this situation.
Every now and then it gets a little too loose for a minute or two and it feels like the awkward bullshit at the start of Dana White Looking for a Fight, but 95% each episode has been great so far.

Cool maybe I'll check it out.

VoxPop

How is Gus top 4 at 205...?

He lost to Bones, Cormier, Davis and Rumble. His best win to date is over an old Shogun. He shouldn't even be ranked above Ryan Bader imo.

Having close fights shouldn't warrant you a top spot when you beat none of the top guys. Bader Davis and Glover should all be above him.

1) Bader is terrible and will be knocked out by Latifi (Gustaffson's training partner) in September
2) Davis is in Bellator
3) Glover is actually ranked above him lol

This is the current UFC rankings at Light Heavyweight :
Champion : Daniel Cormier
1 Jon Jones (Interim Champion)
2 Anthony Johnson
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Alexander Gustafsson
5 Ryan Bader

In other rankings fun, Cain is #2 in the HW division with his last win being in 2013 and Michael McDonald is #5 in BW and has one win since 2013.

I sorta get Cain a little bit - HWs are volatile and if he could keep healthy he has a good chance of beating anyone. But McDonald has the likes of Garbrandt, Lineker, and Dodson ranked behind him. How does that happen? And I say this as a long time McDonald fan.

Good. I'd rather see that than Jacare, Weedman, or whatever.

It's not a bad idea for a fight but it's just the fact Bisping has the title and Jacare/Romero are definitely top contenders. Weidman/Rockhold are right there.

And I don't understand how Cain could be #2 when Arloski, Overeem, Stipe, Werdum, Dos Santos, etc have fought and remained relevant in the division. Browne is a good matchup for him.

The Ali act would certainly make things interesting in that regard. If I understand it correctly rankings wouldn't be allowed to be ignored.

If that's the case it might just lead to creative ranking. Imagine eternal #1 rank fighters like Dodson or even Tate constantly derailing new talent while never being able to beat the champ.

Ken Flo might just come out of retirement for that.

If that's the case it might just lead to creative ranking. Imagine eternal #1 rank fighters like Dodson or even Tate constantly derailing new talent while never being able to beat the champ.

Ken Flo might just come out of retirement for that.
Tate IS the champ so she's not ranked. I'm not sure how rankings work under the Ali act. Who does it. I know now it's supposedly a consortium of journalists but I figure the crew UFC chooses from are idiots or practically on the payroll. I'm curious who would do it if it passes - the commission? *sending the Sien signal*

Tate IS the champ so she's not ranked. I'm not sure how rankings work under the Ali act. Who does it. I know now it's supposedly a consortium of journalists but I figure the crew UFC chooses from are idiots or practically on the payroll. I'm curious who would do it if it passes - the commission? *sending the Sien signal*

I was referring moreso to the fact that if the UFC was forced have fighters fight by ranking then Holm never would've got the shot and would've lost to pretty much any of the women ranked above her at the time. Rousey would have continued to dominate all non-striking based challengers including Tate and Tate would never have held a title.

sirap

damn not much hype for ufc 200 huh

Brock is terrible at hyping fights despite his WWE background, and Jones/Cormier banter like prepubescent COD players. Far cry from Rampage and Rashad's epic black on black shit talking.

McGregor and Diaz would've made this card much more entertaining to follow.

Top Bottom