• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

zewone

I'm seeing on wiki that Bader was released by UFC? Is that accurate? When did that happen? Did Bellator pick him up?

He didn't renew his contract. Looks like he's trying to do some bargaining for a title fight:

Bader wants to stay in the UFC, but it has to make sense.

"I got the Lil' Nog fight and now here we are," Bader said. "Look, I love the UFC and I love fighting in the UFC. Gotta make sense, though. I've been a top 5 for a while, and I want big fights. There's a big fight coming up in December, so we'll talk with them and see where we go from here."

The big fight being DC vs. AJ which never happened.

He didn't renew his contract. Looks like he's trying to do some bargaining for a title fight:

The big fight being DC vs. AJ which never happened.

Huh I feel like I totally missed all that news. This is reminding me though - I guess Lorenz Larkin is still shopping his services around too? I haven't heard of him renewing with the UFC.

zewone

I don't know much about Brunson, is this a tough challenge for Andy? I'd like to see him make a run again.

Brunson is tough. Anderson in his prime would probably have no trouble. But Anderson hasn't had a win since 2012.

I think Silva will get the win in this fight and I think he would beat Bisping in a rematch.

Ryck

I think Silva will get the win in this fight and I think he would beat Bisping in a rematch.
I feel like Bisping has had two gift decisions. If you look at the Hendo and Andy fights there is a case for him losing both of those. (probably less so on the Hendo one )

Guru-Guru

Banned
Tim Kennedy says goodbye to MMA.

He will not be missed.
Yeah, don't think I will miss a douchebag who says soldiers that suffer from PTSD are pussies, that he has no remorse over killing women and children overseas while serving, etc. etc. Seeing him get fucked up Gastellum was perfect.

Heel

Are we sure Floyd isn't on the UFC's payroll with how much promotion he keeps doing for them? Jesus.

If he actually wants the fight, he'll keep stoking the flames for public interest as long as he pleases.

Dana will just keep poking for free rides on First Take and ride the wave.

Are we sure Floyd isn't on the UFC's payroll with how much promotion he keeps doing for them? Jesus.

it's the other way around. Floyd is a retired boxer who hasn't fought in a year and he's getting more shine from Dana than anybody on the UFC roster. Floyd is playing Dana like a fiddle.

Weckum

What the fu...

I'm asked daily about how and why I don't have PTSD. I'm probably the last person on Earth you should ask about this stuff. I have killed kids and women during war. I have seen my friends and fellow soldiers burn alive. My adult life is filled with the things horror movies are made of. I could have nightmares every night or be a medicated PTSD victim if I didn't choose every day to make a difference for myself and more importantly for the men that died to my left and right. I don't give a fuck about how they say we are supposed to heal. I'll tell you how to get better. You stop being a pussy.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/1...women-children-war-iraq-afghanistan-ptsd-army

Also:

Kennedy is friends with radio host Alex Jones and has worked in initiatives with his organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kennedy_(fighter)

Not to mention his Nazi-hunting jig for some tv channel, basically believing in crazy Nazi conspiracies.

The dude is an idiot.

Ya fuck TK. That's why I didn't care about Yoel taking his time between rounds and then ko'ing him. I mean, Yoel looks capable of doing really fucked up things without regret too but if he's talked about it no one understood.

Weckum

I hope this is true:

gJv9akH.png

Fox318

I'm not sure Woodley gets why people don't like him:

• He didn't fight for almost a year yet he thinks he can just call his shots
  • He's calling out the 145 champ (now 155) and a retired old fighter in GSP instead of defending the belt
  • He beat a FOTN machine in Lawler with What many feel was a lucky win
  • His last fight was a fucking draw. He didn't defend so what right does he have to call shots.

Yeah bro we get it you want to make your money now but how about instead of trying to latch on to Conor's dick you make a fucking name for yourself as champ? Go out and beat Wonderboy and Mia.

Right now he's a champ who is calling out name fighters because he knows they are the draw.

iddqd

I'm not sure Woodley gets why people don't like him:

• He didn't fight for almost a year yet he thinks he can just call his shots
  • He's calling out the 145 champ (now 155) and a retired old fighter in GSP instead of defending the belt
  • He beat a FOTN machine in Lawler with What many feel was a lucky win
  • His last fight was a fucking draw. He didn't defend so what right does he have to call shots.

Yeah bro we get it you want to make your money now but how about instead of trying to latch on to Conor's dick you make a fucking name for yourself as champ? Go out and beat Wonderboy and Mia.

Right now he's a champ who is calling out name fighters because he knows they are the draw.

Rumble retort incoming in 3 - 2 -

Woodley seems like hes aiming to be a heel but has overshot the mark and landed on 'total wanker'.

I loved when he tried to make a race argument for why he isnt popular. Then tried to make out that Demitrious isnt popular cause hes black and says "Where's his big sponsors??". Uh you know he was sponsored by fucking Xbox right?

"And as soon as Jon Jones slips on a banana peel the UFC throws him under a bus". Yeah, he slipped on a banana peel, landed on a sackful of coke and smashed his head against the ignition of his car and flew forward into a fucking pregnant womans car.

brentech

An undervalued point of Woodley's "wait for a shot" popularity backfire, is that he sat out during a year and a half window that might have been some of the biggest growth in MMA.

Rousey and McGregor, two of the sports biggest names, became massive stars in that time. It elevated everyone that fought on their cards, bringing in even more water cooler type talk between people that don't watch every single event.

You have to be recognizable by the casual fans, and I guarantee there is a lot of people that saw him for the first time when he beat Lawler. While Lawler was a fan favorite, his PPV numbers let you know that he never reached critical mass like GSP had. Welterweight has a lot of fantastic fights and fighters, but for whatever reason (and it sure as hell ain't race) - they have not reached the stardom of other classes since the likes of GSP.

If he spent as much time in the cage as he did whining on podcasts and TV interviews (and won), he could be a star. He thinks he deserves what he hasn't earned yet. And if people disagree, it's because race.

DigitalBrownEarthworm.gif

I think that, and Jones v Gus are probably the two most violentest fights i can think of. Like the kind of fights you genuinely feel guilty for enjoying because you can practically see a fighters IQ go down permanently with each shot

Weckum

That gif still gives me chills. Big John did a podcast not too long ago where he was giving details of that fight saying how he was actually seeing Rory swallow his own blood from that broken nose. WTF.

I should rewatch that fight, it was so fucking good.

Top Bottom