• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

So DC weighs in at 206.2... walks away... and comes back a few minutes later weighing in at 205. Then Rumble walks in and weighs in at 203.8.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

BadAss2961

So DC weighs in at 206.2... walks away... and comes back a few minutes later weighing in at 205. Then Rumble walks in and weighs in at 203.8.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
lol... Whatever it takes to not fuck this up.

Sad that every big fight now comes down to worrying about who's gonna get hurt or who's gonna miss weight. Panicked when I saw activity in this thread around weigh-in time.

Damon Martin:

Stay tuned on the situation with Pearl Gonzalez and implant-gate. Being told nothing is 100% official just yet. Let's see what happens.

C80sJ3vXsAAh5Mr.jpg:large

phaonaut

That towel push trick is slick, but he should have just taken the 2 hours and got the last pound off. I bet he didn't know he had the extra time.

Heel

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, not buying this "towel trick" people are pushing. Dudes hands are barely on it. You're telling me he knows how to do this trick perfectly to get 1.2 lbs. off?

The scale was manipulated, IMO. Carny as hell.

Yeah, not buying this "towel trick" people are pushing. Dudes hands are barely on it. You're telling me he knows how to do this trick perfectly to get 1.2 lbs. off?

The Executive Director looks shook as hell in that interview he gave to the press.

Yeah just saw this in the reddit mma forum. You're telling me that one guy is gonna hold a towel between his thumb and pointer finger and that's strong enough to hold the tension to take almost 2 pounds off of a 205(ish) pound man? I'll buy the scale was somehow fucked with but not that.

zewone

Yeah just saw this in the reddit mma forum. You're telling me that one guy is gonna hold a towel between his thumb and pointer finger and that's strong enough to hold the tension to take almost 2 pounds off of a 205(ish) pound man? I'll buy the scale was somehow fucked with but not that.

I saw some MMA journalist and other fighters confirm you can knock off about 5lbs with this trick.

The problem I have believing is that he got it on the nose with one shot. Who knows if DC can see the weight to make adjustments to pressure, but if he could not see the weight it's 100% bullshit.

I saw some MMA journalist and other fighters confirm you can knock off about 5lbs with this trick.

The problem I have believing is that he got it on the nose with one shot. Who knows if DC can see the weight to make adjustments to pressure, but if he could not see the weight it's 100% bullshit.

The primary display looks to be a few feet to the left (from Ariel's POV) but I would guess there's a big secondary display judging from the way everyone in the room reacts at the same time.

Still, if the readout was heavier for a half a second and then lighter as he was adjusting I would guess it would seem pretty obvious.

VoxPop

DC probably could have shed that 1.2lbs in 2 hours anyway. Just be glad we don't have a Calvillo/Gonzalez or Cote/Alves co main.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Get a friend and a scale, you can feather off 1.2lbs exactly super easily if you're looking at the numbers by barely even touching the towel.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Get a friend and a scale, you can feather off 1.2lbs exactly super easily if you're looking at the numbers by barely even touching the towel.

I don't know. DC's excuse of "I pushed the towel down towards my dick so nobody could see my dick" sounds airtight.

what kind of cheap fucking towels do y'all have if you don't think they can support two pounds of weight

Heel

I don't know. DC's excuse of "I pushed the towel down towards my dick so nobody could see my dick" sounds airtight.

what kind of cheap fucking towels do y'all have if you don't think they can support two pounds of weight

Exactly, steadily, with one attempt, and two other people involved.

Sorry, ya'll are on some Joe Rogan moonlanding shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Exactly, steadily, with one attempt, and two other people involved.

Sorry, ya'll are on some Joe Rogan moonlanding shit.

I'm saying one professional athlete and two of his trainers were able to support an extra 20 ounces by holding the towel tightly.

You're suggesting the UFC and New York Athletic Commission surreptitiously adjusted a scale in plain view of reporters with cameras running.

Which of these two theories is the wild conspiracy again?

Heel

I'm saying one professional athlete and two of his trainers were able to support an extra 20 ounces by holding the towel tightly.

You're suggesting the UFC and New York Athletic Commission surreptitiously adjusted a scale in plain view of reporters with cameras running.

Which of these two theories is the wild conspiracy again?

The UFC officials hold the towels. Were they in on it, or did they happen to be holding the perfect tension for him to stay at a steady 205 pounds?

Syder

I'm not saying chemtrails affected the gravitational force in that room, but I'm open to the possibility.
All I'm sayin' is does Cormier weigh 203.8lbs on a round earth and 206.2 lbs on a flat earth? I don't know, I'm just askin' questions, bro.

Top Bottom