• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Cruz was not great the other night. Was cringe-worthy when he kept calling for a takedown that never happened during that Moose/Weidman fight.

"Oh now he has it....okay well now he definitely has it"

That was painful to listen to.
I thought it was cuz he was low key shading the NY commission all night about how the judges might not know what a takedown was. When a fighter was going for a td for much of the fight but didn't get it, he'd say well we'll see if the judges know what a td is.

Heel

The Chris lost that fight. If you're not hurt, don't milk it and play games. Dude collapsed to the ground like a sack of potatoes as soon as the ref called time. Which is it?

manfestival

Please don't overturn the decision. Also Cruz and the others sucked aside from Rogan. As for dude complaining about Rogan ambushing weidman, he did what he was supposed to and honestly he was asking what everyone else was wondering.

Yeah Chris deserves all of the time but most fighters just get over it. Like earlier in the evening alves kneed cote in the balls and he took 3 seconds and went back in. Now others take all the time they need but Chris wad clearly milking it. Never liked the dude

They should have made him restart the fight with one hand down and give Mous a free knee so that it could restart exactly where Mirg stopped it.

"OK Chris, start as soon as you feel Gegard knee you to the head."

The Chris lost that fight. If you're not hurt, don't milk it and play games. Dude collapsed to the ground like a sack of potatoes as soon as the ref called time. Which is it?

Yeah and the Chris pretty much outed himself as trying to stall and hope for a DQ win during the post fight press conference.

I never liked him when I thought he was a boring god botherer, now he's a god bothering boring trump supporter who tried to game the rules to get Moose DQ'd? Fuck outta here. Take your ass to Bellator

broz0rs

What's being overlooked was how bad Mousasi was fighting too, but he started to gain ground when Weidman was falling off even harder in round 2. I don't mind seeing an immediate rematch unless Weidman has a concussion.

Heel

Before the knees, Weidman's hands were low and he was too tired to even react to getting jabbed. Was just standing there eating punches. Really don't think the fight was going to go his way.

Mega

Banned
Before the knees, Weidman's hands were low and he was too tired to even react to getting jabbed. Was just standing there eating punches. Really don't think the fight was going to go his way.

Weidman looked drained and breathing heavy at the start of the second. Had that look of an exhausted fighter at the end of round 3. I think he was done assuming Mousasi's tank held up in any way.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What's being overlooked was how bad Mousasi was fighting too, but he started to gain ground when Weidman was falling off even harder in round 2. I don't mind seeing an immediate rematch unless Weidman has a concussion.

Mousasi is not that good against wrestlers; just look at the King Mo fight which they aptly brought up when Mousasi was being taken down pretty easily. One of those fights where you can damage a dude a ton from the bottom and still get completely dominated on the scorecards. Also one of the more blatant examples of true LNP in modern MMA.

Heel

Romero killed Weidman with a single knee. Weidman is damaged goods. He will never come back Im sorry guys.

I forgive you baby, AOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

giphy.gif

Dysun

Wildman was gassed and getting lit up. The ending was a foregone conclusion.
He milked the injury hoping for a stall/DQ and doesn't deserve the NC

To be fair to Weidman, while it's more than likely he was milking the injury cause he thought it was a foul, his dropping on his ass could have been the result of an adrenaline dump.

FUME5

For what a no contest?

Nah, they want 20% of the purse from the article.

”I think we need three things. One, we need acknowledgment that the weigh-in was handled incorrectly. Two, we need DC to be fined the 20 percent he should've been fined for coming in overweight. And three, we need New York to clean up the weigh-in procedures so this doesn't happen again."

Heel

Nah, they want 20% of the purse from the article.

“I think we need three things. One, we need acknowledgment that the weigh-in was handled incorrectly. Two, we need DC to be fined the 20 percent he should’ve been fined for coming in overweight. And three, we need New York to clean up the weigh-in procedures so this doesn’t happen again.”

Overturn it? They were in on it.

eddie-bravo.jpg

FUME5

From their wording, they don't want the results changed, they don't want it changed to a non-title bout, they just want 20% of his purse and the NYSAC to 'clean up' the weigh in process...

Yes or not mma gaf - the Weidman tko will be overturned to an NC?
Not.

The knees were legal, The Chris tried to game the system and it backfired on him. I believe he mentioned not being able to continue when the doctor was in there too, hoping he'd get the DQ win. I got no sympy for The Chris here.

Not.

The knees were legal, The Chris tried to game the system and it backfired on him. I believe he mentioned not being able to continue when the doctor was in there too, hoping he'd get the DQ win. I got no sympy for The Chris here.

I'm glad Chris lost, but what happened was bullshit haha...

NYSAC does not include anything in their rules allowing referees to check video replays to see if a call was right (https://www.dos.ny.gov/athletic/pdfs/rule text final.pdf), so Dan's initial call that the knees were to a grounded opponent should've been upheld and the fight should've been a no contest or a win for Chris if he couldn't continue. I don't think Dan Mirgrayliotta even looked at the replay himself -- Big John just hollered at him from the passenger side of his best friend's ride that the knees were actually legal.

The outcome was correct, but the process was bush league, even by MMA standards.

Big Dan needs to brush up on the rules himself, though. Pretty sure you need to have your fist on the ground, not just the tips of your fingers, for you to be grounded. It's pretty explicit. You don't need ultra slow motion to tell when someone is or isn't grounded. If the tips of their fingers are touching, they aren't grounded. How Marc Ratner not know this? None of these carnies know wtf is going on. wait, why the fuck am I even complaining? it's shit like this that makes human cock fighting so fun to watch.

If there's no instant replay then the call by Dan should stand. Big John used instant replay and his seniority to get Dan to overturn his decision. Fuk Rogan too for screaming foul and adding to the panic.

That said, glad Mousasi won.

zewone

Y'all realize that if Dan didn't listen to John that Chris would have have won by DQ right?

Should probably relax on your opinion a bit, especially if you're glad Mousasi won.

He told the doctor it was February. That fight was never going to continue.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Helwani on MMAHour said that the NYSAC doesn't allow or forbid replay review, it's just not in the rulebook, so it's kind of this weird grey area.

He also made a good point that NY only gets high profile events because it's 12x the cost to sanction fights as compared to NV, and that each fighter needs a million in insurance. As a result, NYSAC only oversees these big PPVs and (as per Helwani) "hasn't got the reps" that would allow them to work out the kinks when it comes to putting on fights.

The towel fiasco (how did no official catch that?), the implant screw-up, the replay debacle, and this was all just one event.

(Helwani also pointed out the Moose/Wide Man fight would have been a NC, since they couldn't go to the cards with only one round in the books, apparently)

Top Bottom