• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

Weidman looks like an improving meth head there. I had him winning pretty handily prior to the weigh ins but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I don't think even the "hometown" advantage will be enough here.

All the build up to this fight showed Mousasi in killer mode while the Chris was playing with his kids.

While the Cormier weigh in is definitely bullshit. I'm not one to complain after all the pull outs so far and the fact that this is the only decent star power fight on the card. If history serves us correctly, Rumble is walking away with that belt tomorrow setting up a long awaited fight with Boner Joner.

Heel

No, clearly the UFC/NYSAC invisible psychic ninjas changed the scale

UFC official is disguising a bluetooth transceiver in the towel. Antenna shown sent a signal to exploit a known vulnerability in the digital scale's firmware. Was unable to cover his tracks before Rumble weighed in. #woke

hPiFjB7l.jpg

DC looks like shit. I mean, obviously he was in the middle of a crazy weight cut, but still. The dude is 38, has fought once in the last year and a half (and looked like shit then too) after being fairly active in the years prior to that. He's never been a shredded physical specimen, but there is something more doughy/sickly about him, even in that Silva fight. Maybe Father Time is finally comin' for that ass? That's probably Rampage's only chance.

DC looks like shit. I mean, obviously he was in the middle of a crazy weight cut, but still. The dude is 38, has fought once in the last year and a half (and looked like shit then too) after being fairly active in the years prior to that. He's never been a shredded physical specimen, but there is something more doughy/sickly about him, even in that Silva fight. Maybe Father Time is finally comin' for that ass? That's probably Rampage's only chance.

DC been competing internationally since, what, 15 years of age? Dude could've been considered a crusty fuck when started MMA. Father Time been on that ass for well over decade. Wrestling ain't no joke, the shit that does to the body over time has lifelong effects and far reaching consequences.

It's all coming full circle.

image.php

This thread right now...

38CHSdW.gif
Got dang, Bravo looks like he took some pineal gland like in Fear and Loathing.

Ill probably unload 500 bucks on AJ because DC looked like pure dogshit at the weigh in.
Doesn't matter. DC is just gonna lay on Rumble from the get.

<3 wow

UFC should make this girl the new face of women's mma.

Oh shit sweet n sassy is cracking a smile .. bet the farm!!

<3 wow

UFC should make this girl the new face of women's mma.

Oh shit sweet n sassy is cracking a smile .. bet the farm!!
You know the other 115 girls are pissed. Beautiful, sexy AF, well spoken Pearl comes along and debuts on the main card and gets pushed as the next Gina Carano.

Mousasi is on a tear since opening up his personality. Weidman on the other hand became too mentally soft after making money and sleeping in satin sheets. Weidman looked great on Kevin James' show. I wouldn't&#8203; doubt if CBS has some development deal for Weidman for his own sitcom. Dude is too handsome for the octagon.

I don't really care since weight cutting is one of the worst aspects of MMA but Cormier clearly put weight on those towels. You can see the pressure he is placing on them where they bend. It's really not that big of a task. I was able to hit 1.2 on the nose at home with almost no effort. And, as previously stated, this isn't a new trick. Plenty of fighters know it.

Plus, the only alternative is the scale being tampered with. So either way it's ridiculous.

Spladam

Mousasi is a tough match for Weidman, both of these guys need a win bad so I'm expecting a good fight.

Edit: interesting, Mousasi is an odds favorite right now.

Damn, feel bad for Will Brooks. From Bellator Champion to taking a massive pay cut to fight for the UFC. Makes me think much less of Michael Chandler now.

Why are people salty on Weidman?

There is no such thing as replays being allowed yet. Regardless of the knee being legal or illegal, the ref called it illegal and gave Chris 5min. Chris can do whatever he wants with those 5min. Something like that can't just be overturned . Yeah, Chris was buying time but who cares? He got the time, he was told by the ref, dude was obviously tired and wanted to buy rest time and should have had it.

Fight will end up being an NC

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Why are people salty on Weidman?

There is no such thing as replays being allowed yet. Regardless of the knee being legal or illegal, the ref called it illegal and gave Chris 5min. Chris can do whatever he wants with those 5min. Something like that can't just be overturned . Yeah, Chris was buying time but who cares? He got the time, he was told by the ref, dude was obviously tired and wanted to buy rest time and should have had it.

Fight will end up being an NC

Yeah he honestly has a very good argument for a NC. Crazy how batshit and off the rails things went, and there's no way you could honestly think that Weidman knew that his fingers were off the ground for a millisecond before he got kneed the second time, especially since the ref jumped in. I don't even blame Mirg either (for the original call -- everything after was a massive fuckup and he was complicit in it). Just seems like an easy call in terms of fairness -- NC and a rematch -- even though I think Mousasi was probably on his way to winning with Weidman fading a bit. Rogan ambushing Weidman after the fight was just wtf too. Rogan and everyone seemed so focused on the technicalities of the rule and the millimeter of a finger being off the ground, but quick to blow off the fact that replay shouldn't have come into play at all and there's no mechanism for anything Mirg did after the initial break for an illegal knee.

I actually like both guys but was pulling for Mousasi since I think Weidman is unfortunately very compromised since his eight crazy injuries in a row. People say it's damage he's taken but I don't think that's it at all -- I think the damage is just the result of him still fighting top-level guys while clearly being a decent midcarder now that has skills have dropped off due to injury. Kinda wish he'd retire and just open a gym or w/e.

The whole broadcast team was ass last night including Cruz whose normally on point.

I feel bad for both fighters. That was totally unacceptable and I love how Dana didn't really call them out much because of the fact he's rolling in dough going there, freaking PoS.

Yaari

I really don't like the 3 commentators setup. It's just too much. At times you'd hear one of them ramble some nonsense just to confirm they are still alive.

Chumley

Banned
The whole broadcast team was ass last night including Cruz whose normally on point.

I feel bad for both fighters. That was totally unacceptable and I love how Dana didn't really call them out much because of the fact he's rolling in dough going there, freaking PoS.

Cruz was great, wtf are you smoking. They should make him a full timer, his chemistry with Rogan is way better than DC's is.

Also, 210 might have sucked but 211 next month is a banger.

Miocic v Dos Santos
Maia v Masvidal
Edgar v Rodriguez
Alvarez v Porier

All basically guaranteed to be wars.

I really don't like the 3 commentators setup. It's just too much. At times you'd hear one of them ramble some nonsense just to confirm they are still alive.

I honestly prefer it this way if it means we get two pros behind the mic instead of just one. A hype man has to be there and Anik is luckily silent most of the time.

Cruz was not great the other night. Was cringe-worthy when he kept calling for a takedown that never happened during that Moose/Weidman fight.

"Oh now he has it....okay well now he definitely has it"

That was painful to listen to.

zewone

Cruz was not great the other night. Was cringe-worthy when he kept calling for a takedown that never happened during that Moose/Weidman fight.

That was the one moment that really stuck out to me, but it was an honest mistake. He's still learning. I think he can only get better.

Heel

Joe Rogan: IT'S DEEP!
Joe Rogan: He's out.

Egg0

Banned
Video of Weidmans' corner before the stoppage was announced. Apparently he thought it was February and didn't know the date.

http://middleeasy.com/mma-news/leaked-video-shows-weidmans-corner-say-he-doesnt-know-what-day-it-is-call-gegard-a-cocksucker/

Transcript from video:

Voice: If you’re okay you got to let him know
Serra: He’ll never know what day it is
*Fights waved off*
Longo: Fucking bullshit. Bull fucking shit
Serra: Fuck
Serra: Its because he doesn’t know what day it is. He might not know what day it is
Serra; Give me his shit. Where’s his shirt?
Longo: God damn it. He was fucking winning that fight to
Voice: He told them it was February and didn’t know what date it was
Longo: I told you that fucker is a dirty cock sucker
Referee: Watch the replay it was legal
Voice: Was it legal?
Voice: Two hands are down
Longo: Come on, are you kidding Dan. Dan! Look at that. How is that legal?
Longo: Mother fucker

Top Bottom