• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

Poor Machida. It's as if forget Jejus possessed Romero's elbow in those final seconds. He should likely hang it up after a fight with someone like Boetsch, Hendo or a 3rd match with Shogun. I would not mind seeing Jacare take one of Romero's tree trunk limbs home though.

Things I learned:

-Interim belts are now on offer even before its known if the champ will fight or not. I guess we're past the era when a Dominick Cruz can hold the belt for 2+ years. Also, I called it.

-If you ever fight a hockey goon, use kicks. They forget thats an option apparently.

-Antonio Carlos Junior has what appears to be the worst case of HGH belly I've ever seen. Even more so than prime usage Mir.

CIj8oByUYAA9Hg7.jpg
"Hey, hi how are you all doing in tv land .. are you seeing this guy? Gotta go, my planet needs me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZybaBFjNEjQ&feature=youtu.be&t=26

After listening to it a couple times he clearly doesn't use the word "gay" like everyone thought, he points to his head at 0:29 and says "forget" then at 0:43 he says "no forget jesus people"

Pitchforks down, pack it up.

I agree he says 'no forget jesus' and not 'no for gay' but his message in general about America losing its way is in reference to the gay marriage vote.

iddqd

Just caught up with everything,
time for Ryu to go home and be a family man.
sf2_Aug25%202_29_31.png

Just let it go to zero!

Romero is fun but so clearly eating roid cereal for breakfast that its just a matter of time or commission until he gets caught.

A fight against Belfort would bring out the most eloquent Jesus statements in UFC history between both of them.

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah it kinda sucks when you start to notice an amazing fighter and they are already old so not muich time to watch them, but it's pretty rare. (yoel and cormier come to mind). i consider like 34ish+ old

I can only imagine the type of stuff Romero was doing in his 20s. However you feel about religion , it's good that a guy like that has found Jesus for societies sake .

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
yeah it kinda sucks when you start to notice an amazing fighter and they are already old so not muich time to watch them, but it's pretty rare. (yoel and cormier come to mind). i consider like 34ish+ old

This is what I felt about Alexis Vila - the old Cuban dude who legit killed Joe Warren.

If it wasn't for being sent to jail for 3 years then he probably would have amounted to something. His career has been derailed hard since than Warren fight. Father Time is a motherfucker.

scabro

UFC's announcement on the 30th is totally gonna be GSP's return. Book it.

This is what I felt about Alexis Vila - the old Cuban dude who legit killed Joe Warren.

If it wasn't for being sent to jail for 3 years then he probably would have amounted to something. His career has been derailed hard since than Warren fight. Father Time is a motherfucker.
Totally forgot about this guy, wow.

Heel

White is currently developing a new reality show alongside former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and his long-time friend Nick 'The Tooth' Gallo with a pilot episode set to tape next weekend.

I'll watch this, bro.

UFC's announcement on the 30th is totally gonna be GSP's return. Book it.

Totally forgot about this guy, wow.
It's totally gonna be lame and uniform related. I hope you're right though. GSP can't say UFC isn't taking the drug testing seriously now. Man wouldn't that be nuts if he came back and ended up getting popped?

I'll watch this, bro.
Needs more Joe Lauzon choking Nick out.

VoxPop

I was rewatching this the other day and think Conor could do decently well against Mendes. Mendes' striking has gotten slightly better but not on the level of Killashaw or Benavidez. He's still just a wrestler with some decent hands and power in his hands. Conor's sprawl and getting right back up after a takedown is near Aldo level. I could see him picking him apart with head kicks and straight lefts. Not to mention the insane reach advantage he's gonna have compared to the one he already had on Aldo. Those T-Rex arms on Mendes is gonna be a huge issue.

Heel

I was rewatching this the other day and think Conor could do decently well against Mendes. Mendes' striking has gotten slightly better but not on the level of Killashaw or Benavidez. He's still just a wrestler with some decent hands and power in his hands. Conor's sprawl and getting right back up after a takedown is near Aldo level. I could see him picking him apart with head kicks and straight lefts. Not to mention the insane reach advantage he's gonna have compared to the one he already had on Aldo. Those T-Rex arms on Mendes is gonna be a huge issue.

PXlKpYH.gif

scabro

how could you say its near aldo level when hes literally never faced a wrestler in the ufc

and got taken down by t rex arm dennis siever
It's totally gonna be lame and uniform related. I hope you're right though. GSP can't say UFC isn't taking the drug testing seriously now. Man wouldn't that be nuts if he came back and ended up getting popped?

Needs more Joe Lauzon choking Nick out.
gsp the face of doping would be the best

dream

I really want Conor to be legit because he is a good talker, but cmon, he'd get exposed by the likes of Mendes and Frankie. Frankie in particular would destroy Conor's lifetime earning potential.

Gotta love those UFC rankings. Despite having not fought since October 2014 and that fight being his second loss in a row, Glow worm Texeira just jumped up in the LHW ranks to #4.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'd say that if Aldo leaves the 145 division, Frankie would be the champion until he retires.

Gotta love those UFC rankings. Despite having not fought since October 2014 and that fight being his second loss in a row, Glow worm Texeira just jumped up in the LHW ranks to #4.

Rashad will still be ranked in the top 10 when he's 92 years old.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Who deserves to be ahead of him? He bumped Rashad Evans, who hasn't even fought for nearly 2 years. The rest of the top 10 is a mess anyway. It's 2015, yet Shogun and Rampage are still top 10 in the rankings.

brentech

I love how they play it so straight, talking about ninja training and shit. Did you just see the 56 year old man? I've never screamed so hard at my TV before.

I haven't started watching this weeks episodes. I've watched all the others so far this season though. I usually save it on the DVR for when it's raining or hotter than I'd like to do a distance ride on the bike, and watch while I row.

Paige VanZant ‏@PaigeVanzantUFC 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY

TOMORROW TOMORROW TOMORROW!!! #UFCFIGHTKIT #UFC #REEBOK

PVZ just spoiled the "big" announcement lol

scabro

oh my god

is...is that...gsp in the back?

keep your eyes open, friends, this reebok stuff is clearly just a #redherring

Top Bottom