• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I would love a live feed of Dana flipping his shit out on Romero for making a homophobic remark on live TV. It would be a great addition to my new Fight Pass sub.

Karate ni sente nashi
Machida wants to be remembered as a pioneer that made karate effective in the UFC, but karate has always been effective. He was able to use the distancing, timing and techniques he learned in karate to become a UFC champ. But karate is first and foremost always an art of self-defense, that includes techniques that might seriously injure your opponent in one or two moves. You can't effectively use that in the UFC and since karate is an art of self-defense and self perfection, it eventually shouldn't be promoted in the UFC even whilst a lot of it's techniques are viable for the UFC. As such I'm glad that the Machida era is seemingly over, I've always been a big fan, but as my current writing shows it's been with mixed emotions. Just as Ryu, Lyoto wanted to be a great champion and to me and others he will always be that. But the essence of karate isn't found in fighting competitions and hopefully he will devote himself more to the essence of the art now.

Yaari

Romero probably taken out of some shady exit to avoid him getting himself and the UFC into more trouble.

He's lucky it was difficult to interpretable, I wonder if it will go unnoticed, by bigger media.
Don't think UFC wants to catch heat for his words.

-MD-

nyrhfOL.png

That spin.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I can't wait for Romero's responses to the inevitable questions he will be asked. That guy is dumb as bricks, should be quality entertainment.

Fitts

Seen that finish coming from a mile away. Didn't watch the fight.

What I didn't see coming was Yoel's career suicide. Lol.

Rur0ni

Lyoto is one of the best. UFC Hall of Famer.

As a fan,I gotta say. Stop it here Lyoto. Please retire. Please. My heart can't take this anymore.
Agree.

There was a point in the first round where Machida landed a really stiff punch, like the kind that knocked Ryan Bader out, and Yoel walked right through it. machida was legit shook from that point on and had no chance.
Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. I knew it was trouble then.

Sean

Banned
Yoel backpedaling hard as fuck in this press conference lol.

Claims he was "thanking USA" despite his post fight speech starting with "What happened to you?! Wake up USA!"

seh6p.gif

That was a perfect display at MMA Journalism at it's finest. These guys make video game journos look like Woodward and Bernstein. Most of them are so far up Dana's ass they could see what he had for lunch.

Brinbe

Lol the spin is ridiculous. Watching it live, he was clearly talking about the US and gay marriage. The uber religious guy is gonna disagree with the ruling and everything, so it's not as if it's a surprise. But it's a shame that idiocy marred what should be an night for him and the UFC.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Machida would have won that fight with PRIDE rules a bigger cage prep time a pay check with Anderson Silva money Sensei Segal in his corner ...

Thank god we can close this Machida era bullshit for good folks. He was never good to begin with. Let's put him on the retirement circuit along with Belfort and Bisping.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Romero gets an automatic free pass under "English not native language" and "obviously lower-intermediate level of English skill" regulations from me folks. If he wanted to be homophobic, he could easily have just said something a lot more direct.

Heel

Even if you can convince yourself he has two distinct pronunciations of "forget", it's pretty clear what the message pertains to. Unless you want to bend over backwards a second time to believe he's talking about "The American Dream" lol. Come on, people.

Fitts

Machida would have won that fight with PRIDE rules a bigger cage prep time a pay check with Anderson Silva money Sensei Segal in his corner ...

Thank god we can close this Machida era bullshit for good folks. He was never good to begin with. Let's put him on the retirement circuit along with Belfort and Bisping.

You either die the GOAT, or you live long enough to see yourself become a can.

Never change, MMA fans.

scabro

Even if you can convince yourself he has two distinct pronunciations of "forget", it's pretty clear what the message pertains to. Unless you want to bend over backwards a second time to believe he's talking about "The American Dream" lol. Come on, people.

i dont know friend, i'll chalk up the comments "what happened to you, usa?"', "wake up, usa" and "go back to your god, usa", made by a man named soldier of god, in the wake of the legalization of gay marriage in the united states, as a simple linguistic misunderstanding. happens to the best of us.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The MMA journalist(s) got to the bottom of it by asking for clarification and then when the American Dream speech was done, they all stood up and clapped while Dana and Romero led them in a rendition of 'Proud to be an American' with Stars and Stripes behind them.

He's a big dusty Rhodes fan.

I don't care what he said, that was some freak shit.

Can someone please post a gif of when he flew 10 feet in the air while clinching Machida's neck and then coming down for an ankle pick all in the span of literally 1 second?

Or better yet when he ran off the cage, superman punched and went for the double leg, once again all in one motion?

Wtf dude is a freak

found them

gawt damn who let him max all his stats out? nerf this shit right now too OP

AND HES 38?!?!?!? what was he like in his 20s and early 30s......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3o85xJFuW4YIZc02wo.gif

Top Bottom