• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF presents UFC 150 |OT| Henderson vs. Edgar: Once in a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ibzhrSVdotu4qE.jpg

UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II
Date: Saturday, August 11th 2012
City: Denver, Colorado
Venue: Pepsi Center

MAIN CARD
Starts at 10:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT on Pay-Per-View

UFC Lightweight Championship bout: Benson Henderson (c)(-200) vs. Frankie Edgar (+160)
Lightweight bout: Donald Cerrone (-300) vs. Melvin Guillard (+230)
Middleweight bout: Jake Shields (-200) vs. Ed Herman (+160)
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami (-600) vs. Buddy Roberts (+400)
Featherweight bout: Justin Lawrence (-115) vs. Max Holloway (-115)

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT on FX

Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez vs. Tommy Hayden
Middleweight bout: Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper
Bantamweight bout: Ken Stone vs. Erik Perez
Bantamweight bout: Dustin Pague vs. Chico Camus

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 7:30 PM ET / 4:30 PM PT, free on Youtube.com

Featherweight bout: Nik Lentz vs. Eiji Mitsuoka

Official Site
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II Extended Preview
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II Press Conference - Streamed live August 9th, 3:00 PM ET/12:00 PM PT
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II Weigh-In - Streamed live August 10th, 6:00PM ET/3:00PM PT
UFC 150 Free Fight: Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar I

iBI0McMB9nKAx.gif
iYBY2KG4XjnKw.gif

^ These two have FOTN written all over it.

I would've never guessed a little over a year ago that I'd defend Nik Lentz but how can they take a guy whose last three fights have been awesome (2 of which won FOTN awards) get relegated to the only non-televised slot on the card?

Also - Who the F*** is Buddy Roberts and how did he get on the main card?

Shit card.

Bendo is going to send Frankie down a weight class. Melvin vs Cowboy could possibly be gud. Couldn't care less about any of the other fights. 

^ These two have FOTN written all over it.
Not familiar with Justin but Max always brings it.

Last Fox card was great and the momentum is carrying me through to be excited about this. I think I might go shopping for new work clothes instead though.

Very fortunate, my coach called me this week and said he came across an extra free ticket to see this live. Can not wait!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Actually somewhat semi-excited about this card! Should be some good scraps!

Obviously Edgar will win so we will get the trilogy no one wants (which will end in a draw, forcing another rematch).

Cerrone vs Gullaird should be good, always fun to see how Melvin will screw up, or win impressively.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hope frankie wins just to stick it to the haters. hard to see how that can happen given the size discrepancy though but bendo does get sloppy especially in the standup

Seanspeed

Banned
I remember Justin Lawrence from the candidate fights for Ultimate Fighter. He was pretty exciting.

Aside from the main event, there's no big names but possibly some good fights still. I might go out and watch it somewhere.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
aside from the main event and cerrone, this card sucks.

Snorelord

Banned
Frankie "The Clog" Edgar. Way to shit up an entire division for a year with you constant rematch bullshit. He also has a bad cause of small man syndrome. You can tell by the way he carries himself he has a chip on his shoulder and it comes off as pretentious and condescending.

He's to small and weak for 155, and he knows that he would just be another face in the crowd at 145. Honestly just the way he is, he isn't meant for this sport. I hope he loses badly to Ben and I hope he faces Aldo and loses and retires. The sport would be better off without him.

This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.

For all the crap judges get for making bad calls. This act of giving an immediate rematch undermines actual good judging. The 155lb title is now a joke because it takes a series of 2-3 fights for a champion. On top of that it clogs an already clutter and confusing division with more then a top 10 waiting.

Honestly people call me a hater but Frankie Edgar is the worse thing to happen to the 155lb division and MMA itself. Its more then just his point fighting. He's to weak and small for the division. He's killing the division off, not with impressive wins with bodies at his feet but rather a slow strangle killing the interest in the 155lb championship. The way he is right now, he's not meant for this sport. He goes down to 145lb he just another generic fighter. He has no where to really go except retire. And I hope for the sake of the 155lb division and MMA itself he calls it quits sooner rather then later.

Eric Hall

Frankie "The Clog" Edgar. Way to shit up an entire division for a year with you constant rematch bullshit. He also has a bad cause of small man syndrome. You can tell by the way he carries himself he has a chip on his shoulder and it comes off as pretentious and condescending.

He's to small and weak for 155, and he knows that he would just be another face in the crowd at 145. Honestly just the way he is, he isn't meant for this sport. I hope he loses badly to Ben and I hope he faces Aldo and loses and retires. The sport would be better off without him.

This is how you kill a division. Not a steroid scandal, not pedophile, not beating your wife, or some horrible street fight induce fatality or some other horrible crime. You make it monotonous. You award someone for losing fair and square and you undermine the judge's decisions.

For all the crap judges get for making bad calls. This act of giving an immediate rematch undermines actual good judging. The 155lb title is now a joke because it takes a series of 2-3 fights for a champion. On top of that it clogs an already clutter and confusing division with more then a top 10 waiting.

Honestly people call me a hater but Frankie Edgar is the worse thing to happen to the 155lb division and MMA itself. Its more then just his point fighting. He's to weak and small for the division. He's killing the division off, not with impressive wins with bodies at his feet but rather a slow strangle killing the interest in the 155lb championship. The way he is right now, he's not meant for this sport. He goes down to 145lb he just another generic fighter. He has no where to really go except retire. And I hope for the sake of the 155lb division and MMA itself he calls it quits sooner rather then later.

Alright then.

Normally I don't label people 'haters' for having an opinion... but... that seems like you're a hater.

Did he not sign your Tapout shirt or something?

Snorelord

Banned
Normally I don't label people 'haters' for having an opinion... but... that seems like you're a hater.

Did he not sign your Tapout shirt or something?

No he did something worse he has held hostage one of UFC's most exciting divisions with his constant series of rematches.

None of the casuals will care about this, the PPV will sell horribly. Who cares about Edgar vs ___ part 2 and 3. There are so many more interesting title shots you can make with Nate Diaz, Grey Maynard, Petits, J Lau etc. Anyway you cut it Frankie Edgar is horrible for UFC and a bad example for the sport. He shows if you whine enough you can get as many redoes as you want till you get the outcome you want.

On top of that he's a point fighter, all he does is spar, doing quick lil combos to show he is busy but he is to small and weak to actually damage or hurt people. I stand by statement that he is the worse thing for this sport. And I will admit I am a hater because he is slowly killing off UFC.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
two of those rematches he was forced into. he beat BJ and then had to give him a rematch. he drew maynard and had to give him one.

if we're going to talk about boring worthless fighters let's start with your avatar instead

Gray Maynard's account was finally approved.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He knocked out Bully just fine.

Yeah, people call Frank a point fighter but forget Benson hasn't finished anyone since Cerrone walked into a guillotine 2 1/2 years ago.

Hilarious how Edgar went from generally liked to generally disliked in a 6 month span though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Rooting hard for Cowboy and Short Fuse. Ed can solidify himself as my favorite middleweight if he puts beating on Shields.

Hilarious how Edgar went from generally liked to generally disliked in a 6 month span though.
I don't think that's due to him or his fighting style though. Its due to the circumstances of his past few fights. Even though its totally not his fault, snorelord has a (angrily expressed) point that Franky has been clogging up the division lately.

He was forced into all rematches except this one.

He thought it was unfair that he didn't get a fair rematch after being shoved into so many.

He's right.

(Henderson takes this.)

Lol snorelord's gonna get perma'd. Dude is basically on death row right now. Shame he would have made an entertaining addition to MMA GAF. Lord knows we could have used the live bodies.

themadhatter444

Neo Member
Love me some Benson Henderson. He looked excellent in the first fight and I can't wait to see how much better he'll do the second time around. I think it's bullshit that Pettis got sandbagged for an unnecessary rematch, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You can't deny a guy a title shot for beating Jeremy Stephens via split decision and Joe Lauzon.

two of those rematches he was forced into. he beat BJ and then had to give him a rematch. he drew maynard and had to give him one.

if we're going to talk about boring worthless fighters let's start with your avatar instead

Agreed on all points.

LOL so fucking true. Thank you.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm curious about the Shields/Herman fight. Herman has been subbed by triangle choke, but generally has a good ground game with 12 wins by submission. Shields has never lost by submission, nor do I think he will to Herman, so I don't see this going anywhere but a decision. Hopefully Shields doesn't produce another stinker.

I am a fan of both Bendo and Edgar and thought the first fight was one of the toughest fights to score. I have only seen the fight live once and from what I remember it seemed like Frankie controlled the fight by being more active, scoring take downs and maybe getting the better in the stand up, but damage wise Bendo whooped him. Frankie's face was horse meat, though I would say that that up kick most likely won Bendo the fight and probably made Frankie's face look like that. That up kick is what pretty much ruined Frankie in that fight.

This should be a sick fight. Got Bendo winning. I don't know how, but hes winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom