• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF presents UFC 150 |OT| Henderson vs. Edgar: Once in a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Holloway vs. Lawrence should be a good one. Wild island scrapper against the technically sound golden glover. I ride for Max til the wheels fall off brehs.

I would rather have Aldo relinquish the 145 title and move to the 155 division. Let 145 fill itself out and maybe have Faber move to 145. SOOOOOOOOOO many sick fights for Aldo at 155.

Holloway vs. Lawrence should be a good one. Wild island scrapper against the technically sound golden glover. I ride for Max til the wheels fall off brehs.

Absolutely love Holloway's style but Lawrence has dat punching power. Its gonna be interesting for sure.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If I have to choose sides then I'll cheer on Edgar because Hendo robbed me of free beers when he got that decision (I had Edgar via decision at my bar.) But whoever wins this is just gearing up to be Diaz's next victim.

And if Shields wins his MW return then it roughs up the top of that division even further.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
And if Shields wins his MW return then it roughs up the top of that division even further.

Gonna be tough for him to ever get near a title shot because he might actually have to beat some legit MW's instead of unskilled scrubs fighting up in weight class like Lawlor and Mayhem.

charsace

torresgoldberg.jpg

MMA IN TWO DAYS! YEAH!

JJD

Man I hope Frankie Edgar wins, I love the guy. Love the fact that he insists on fighting on the middleweight division while he could easily be fighting and dominating (alongside Aldo) on a category below.

Bendo is the opposite, couldn't he be fighting on a heavier division?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man I hope Frankie Edgar wins, I love the guy. Love the fact that he insists on fighting on the middleweight division while he could easily be fighting and dominating (alongside Aldo) on a category below.

He competed at 180 lbs in a BJJ tourney. He would still be on the smaller side at Welterweight though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I had nothing against Frankie until these annoying promos where he sounds like a bitch with a skinned knee. Now I'm definitely rooting for Bendo.

He could probably hang pretty well at WW. Might never get to the title though.

JJD

He competed at 180 lbs in a BJJ tourney. He would still be on the smaller side at Welterweight though.

He should do it, walk in Frankie's shoes for some fights! Lol!

Anyway, I don't have anything against Bendo, it's just that there's something special about a small guy fighting and winning against bigger guys.

And as much as I love flashy KOs there's also something special about hard earned victories, and Frankie always seems like he have to give it all to win his fights.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Gonna be tough for him to ever get near a title shot because he might actually have to beat some legit MW's instead of unskilled scrubs fighting up in weight class like Lawlor and Mayhem.

You're talking about the same Shields that beat Hendo? And Condit? And Okami?

In before someone accuses me of being a fan of Shields.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You're talking about the same Shields that beat Hendo? And Condit? And Okami?

Dude couldn't finish a completely gassed Hendo in 4 rounds. That win made him look worse not better.

Condit isn't even that strong at WW. He does have skills though.

I have no come back for Yushin Okami....which is just one more reason to hate Yushin Okami. I hate him more than Shields.

So yes that Jake Shields. The one Short Fuse is going to smash sucks.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
UFC 150 |OT| Henderson vs. Edgar: Once in a lifetime until we get the rubber match 6 months from now.

edit: Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway. Who the fuck are these dudes and how did the make the main card? (don't answer the second part, it's rhetorical).

bone_and_sinew

Weigh-ins in 10 minutes.

inb4 Bendo misses weight and it's a non-title fight. Thus guaranteeing a rubber match and holding the division ransom for the rest of 2012.

bone_and_sinew

Man the Blackzillians suck. Has any one of them (besides Rashad Evans who can easily make middleweight) ever made weight? It feels like they're always missing weight.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Any of you jokers have any experience buying these cards through youtube or ufc.tv? Do you get the prelims with it?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man the Blackzillians suck. Has any one of them (besides Rashad Evans who can easily make middleweight) ever made weight? It feels like they're always missing weight.
Rumble is the strength and conditioning coach at the Blackzilians camp.

Any of you jokers have any experience buying these cards through youtube or ufc.tv? Do you get the prelims with it?

Not sure about UFC.tv but youtube is just the main card portion.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Don't let birdy read that. Since he believes it is the best thing to happen in comics since Superman debuted.

I wish Marvel would stop this whole hero vs hero thing. I was already suffering fatigue from the post Civil War era but then they made it worse by combining lukewarm hero on hero with the return of phoenix.

Norml

picks should be easy for tonight

Benson Henderson (c)(-200) vs. Frankie Edgar (+160)
Donald Cerrone (-300) vs. Melvin Guillard (+230)
Jake Shields (-200) vs. Ed Herman (+160)
Yushin Okami (-600) vs. Buddy Roberts (+400)
Justin Lawrence (-115) vs. Max Holloway (-115)

Seanspeed

Banned
picks should be easy for tonight

Benson Henderson (c)(-200) vs. Frankie Edgar (+160)
Donald Cerrone (-300) vs. Melvin Guillard (+230)
Jake Shields (-200) vs. Ed Herman (+160)
Yushin Okami (-600) vs. Buddy Roberts (+400)
Justin Lawrence (-115) vs. Max Holloway (-115)
I'd actually say picks are pretty tough. Edgar is champion for a reason. Guillard has a legit chance. And Lawrence is probably just being written off for being unknown.

Dwayne

Is the video quality on youtube poor for everyone? low framerate, blocky in fast action.

edit: well that was one sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom