• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF presents UFC 150 |OT| Henderson vs. Edgar: Once in a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The entire "Edgar should move down to 145" idea is the will of the UFC itself. Nothing more. Simply because Jose Aldo is the only competent fighter at that weight class and Edgar is both a big name and as the smallest lightweight (5'6") should be able to make the easiest cut.

Edgar has proven himself more than capable of fighting at lightweight. It's not as if he was ragdolled by Henderson or is getting consistently KO'd or subbed or anything. But I see Dana stirring the pot a bit and telling Edgar that he can fight immediately for No. 1 contender status at 145 or go to the back of the line at 155. I'd like to see him stay at 155 just to prove his detractors wrong.

Only competent fighter? Really? KZ and Poirier are both decent fighters. Some people must think Aldo is still fighting in the WEC. He only destroyed Chad Mendes. His previous two fights in the UFC weren't as impressive.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I guess I should have said "world class" instead of competent, because it's what I meant. Most of the weight classes under 155 are lacking in this department.

I have high hopes for the Korean Zombie to beat Aldo, but I see Aldo being champion for a long time.

I guess I should have said "world class" instead of competent, because it's what I meant. Most of the weight classes under 155 are lacking in this department.

I have high hopes for the Korean Zombie to beat Aldo, but I see Aldo being champion for a long time.

True, I can't believe they're actually headlining a PPV with flyweights. A Fuel card, sure.

agrajag

Banned
The entire "Edgar should move down to 145" idea is the will of the UFC itself. Nothing more. Simply because Jose Aldo is the only competent fighter at that weight class and Edgar is both a big name and as the smallest lightweight (5'6") should be able to make the easiest cut.

Edgar has proven himself more than capable of fighting at lightweight. It's not as if he was ragdolled by Henderson or is getting consistently KO'd or subbed or anything. But I see Dana stirring the pot a bit and telling Edgar that he can fight immediately for No. 1 contender status at 145 or go to the back of the line at 155. I'd like to see him stay at 155 just to prove his detractors wrong.

See, that's ridiculous. Why should he go to "back of the line?" Frankly, the second fight with Bendo should've been a draw. There are so many fights for Edgar at LW I want to see that haven't been made yet. I want to see him against Cerrone, against Diaz, against Pettis. Bendo already fought Pettis and Cerrone.

And I think Aldo should move up to LW if anything.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
True, I can't believe they're actually headlining a PPV with flyweights. A Fuel card, sure.

My thoughts exactly. But my disdain for flyweights goes beyond them being not at a high-enough level, it's more a case of I still don't see the point in them at all in high-level MMA.

See, that's ridiculous. Why should he go to "back of the line?"

Dana wants him to fight at 145. Going against Dana is a first-class ticket to a burial unless your name is Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva or GSP.

There are so many fights for Edgar at LW I want to see that haven't been made yet. I want to see him against Cerrone, against Diaz, against Pettis.

I'm all for this too, man. 155 is stacked and full of exciting fights for the near future. Edgar has repeatedly shown the entire world that he belongs in the division, so I want him to be part of that future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom