• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

parrotbeak said:
I would have also been down for a Leben rematch. Who doesn't love seeing Silva destroy people who don't have the skills to beat him?

Exactly. This is why the Jones/Shogun fight was so much fun to watch.

AiTM

Banned
Silva is 36, fighting twice a year, he only has a handful of fights left. Okami was an insult to his career and talent, so would be Bisping or Munoz ( at this point in his career).

Sonnen is the only deserving fight at 185. It would be a shame to the sport if it wasnt made to happen.

Heel

parrotbeak said:
Do you guys think Andy will retire at his peak or are we going to see him lose to a bunch of contenders before he quits?

He has Big Nog egging him on. I think he'll stick around a few years too long unless the UFC steps in.

Norml

Eric Hall said:
Then who would Silva fight? Winner of Bisping/Mayhem? That is a joke of a fight

They deserve it more.Sonnen already had a shot and cheated with it,he definitely doesn't deserve a shot yet.

Eric Hall

sien916 said:
That's just an opinion! He's on a streak, brah.

How could I be so foolish? A winning streak over Dan Miller, Sexyama, and Jorge Rivera? He shouldn't even have to face Mayhem, he deserves that shot right now

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ninja Scooter said:
Exactly. This is why the Jones/Shogun fight was so much fun to watch.
30v19c0.jpg

parrotbeak said:
Do you guys think Andy will retire at his peak or are we going to see him lose to a bunch of contenders before he quits?
Father Time is undefeated in the octagon.

Heel

Eric Hall said:
How could I be so foolish? A winning streak over Dan Miller, Sexyama, and Jorge Rivera? He shouldn't even have to face Mayhem, he deserves that shot right now

I see great promise in this gentleman. Welcome to the dark side.

yacobod

Banned
The only ppl with problems with sonnen getting a title shot rematch are confusing the ufc with a real professional sport. Dana and the ufc are in the business of making money, silva/sonnen 2 would do gangbuster business.

Heel

yacobod said:
The only ppl with problems with sonnen getting a title shot rematch are confusing the ufc with a real professional sport. Dana and the ufc are in the business of making money, silva/sonnen 2 would do gangbuster business.
Denzel-Boom.gif

Giving the people what they want. Who would've thunk it?

Boogie

parrotbeak said:

He's making Anderson Silva money, why would he stop fighting after another 2 years?

Heel

I've been eagerly awaiting your opinion on this matter, TheNatural! Who's the most deserving of a title shot at 185?

yacobod

Banned
Boogie said:
He's making Anderson Silva money, why would he stop fighting after another 2 years?
I myself wonder why fedor is fighting the snowman in russia in a few weeks, but I don't know how deep he's in troble with the russian mob.

Boogie

yacobod said:
I myself wonder why fedor is fighting the snowman in russia in a few weeks, but I don't know how deep he's in troble with the russian mob.

Ya, it's hard to figure out Finkie's game plan at the moment.

I mean, I can't believe that the MMA market is big enough in Russia for M-1 to be making mad bank by having Fedor fight at home on its own merits.

But it's also not like the thinking is "well, we'll have Fedor rack up a couple of good wins against free agents in Russia, and then hope for a big-money return to America", because they're still not going to be willing to play by Zuffa's rules.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joe Warren is getting knocked out by Pat Curran in February 2012 since Patricio "Pitbull" Friere hurt his hand again. It's unfortunate Patricio won't be able to avenge his loss since Warren will lose.

dream

Boogie said:
Ya, it's hard to figure out Finkie's game plan at the moment.

I mean, I can't believe that the MMA market is big enough in Russia for M-1 to be making mad bank by having Fedor fight at home on its own merits.

But it's also not like the thinking is "well, we'll have Fedor rack up a couple of good wins against free agents in Russia, and then hope for a big-money return to America", because they're still not going to be willing to play by Zuffa's rules.

I think he's laundering money through M-1 shows, no troll.

VASPER

Banned
TheNatural said:
The people want Silva-GSP. Not going to happen though apparently.

I get the feeling that neither of the fighters want to fight each other. Just imo tho so take that as you will.

tass0

Banned
parrotbeak said:

I think it's going to be a sad end for an amazing career.

People never stay on top forever.

tass0

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
if Werdum can beat Shaub that will be his highest quality win in years.

Because Werdum beating the #1 HW who held the spot for the past 7 years isn't a quality win.

If I saw you irl, I'd punch you in the mouth.

dream

Look at how rad those time stamps are. It's like he replies to a post, sees another to respond to 2 minutes later, then finds another to respond to 2 minutes after that, then wanders off to chill for 10 minutes before coming back to share Brock Hunt with us.

dream said:
Look at how rad those time stamps are. It's like he replies to a post, sees another to respond to 2 minutes later, then finds another to respond to 2 minutes after that, then wanders off to chill for 10 minutes before coming back to share Brock Hunt with us.
I'd say that's an accurate timeline. I actually wandered off to some other areas of the interwebs and came across the Brock Hunt video.

I'm on my iPhone and it's a pain in the ass to do all the copying and pasting necessary to put quotes into existing posts when using the secondapps thing. u mad?

Heel

Etim vs. Barboza and Stout vs. Tavares added to 142. That card is gonna be a fun one (except for our friend Jose).

dream

poly I'm trying to convince myself I enjoy watching hockey since there's no more basketball ever again and since my ex made me root for the Los Angeles Kings with her, I decided I might as well fucking watch Los Angeles Kings hockey. So far it's too much sport and too little entertainment for me.

but I'm watching this on fox sports west and they just had a dood on there hyping Velasquez vs "Santos" and he told me that if I've never heard of "Santos" he "fights a jiu-jitsu style" which he used to beat "Shane Corwin"

that's all

dream said:
poly I'm trying to convince myself I enjoy watching hockey since there's no more basketball ever again and since my ex made me root for the Los Angeles Kings with her, I decided I might as well fucking watch Los Angeles Kings hockey. So far it's too much sport and too little entertainment for me.

but I'm watching this on fox sports west and they just had a dood on there hyping Velasquez vs "Santos" and he told me that if I've never heard of "Santos" he "fights a jiu-jitsu style" which he used to beat "Shane Corwin"

that's all
bwaaaahahaha santos is gonna KO Velasquez with his patented jiu jitsu kick, calling it nao

yeah i'm gonna try to go to a kings game soon myself, maybe get a glimpse of the beautiful arsee you speak of. can't be worse than the beautiful mandella.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Rory got hurt so Ebertroll can't embarass him anymore. I haven't even heard of his replacement Claude Patrick.. I was looking forward to the fight.

Top Bottom