• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
tass0 said:
Poly banned.

That leaves like 1 or 2 Shinya Aoki fans left.
Aoki posts here too?

Poly noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yacobod

Banned
MMAweekly reporting that Sonnen/Silva 2 is official.

Uncle Dana White said:
“It’s the fight that everybody wants to see, people want to see Chael vs. Anderson. Anderson is in this position where he feels like this guy is so disrespectful he doesn’t want to give him a shot, but Anderson will end up fighting Chael Sonnen,” White confirmed.

While no date has been set for the rematch, sources have indicated to MMAWeekly.com that Silva vs. Sonnen 2 will not take place on the Super Bowl 2012 card tentatively titled UFC 143. When the fight is finally scheduled, it will be in 2012, but not in the early part of February.

MjFrancis

Now, let's not get carried away here!

But since MMA Gaf is clamoring for more Brittany (some more than MMA itself, perhaps), here's an accompanying link:

http://www.5thround.com/95669/brittney-palmer-is-back-in-the-ufc/

UFCWECBrittneyPalmer1.jpg

It appears Brittney Palmer’s (Pictured) controversial career with the UFC will continue. After leaving the organization in July to reportedly pursue an art career, UFC president Dana White conducted a poll on Twitter late Wednesday night to see if fans wanted her to resume her ring girl responsibilities.

“Should we bring back @BrittneyPalmer? Vote now and let me know!!!!” White tweeted.

Five minutes later, MMA’s ultimate shot caller revealed the unanimous decision rendered by hormone-driven teenagers from across the globe.

“Done!!!! The votes have been counted and @BrittneyPalmer is back!” White posted.

The former WEC queen bee had released several cryptic tweets leading up to UFC 132 that had many believing she was being forced out of the organization. Her ring girl profile was removed from UFC.com shortly after.

However, White later claimed she was never released and Palmer’s profile miraculously reappeared on the company’s website.

She subsequently left the UFC to attend art school.

Palmer is from the Los Angeles area, so it’s possible her return to the big leagues could come this Saturday in the UFC’s primetime television debut on FOX. The show takes place just down the I-405 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

So it seems, Palmer, Arianny Celeste and Chandella Powell will once again be notifying fight fans of which rounds will be forthcoming.

Don’t forget to follow 5thRound on Twitter and Facebook!
Also, controversial career? What the hell does that even mean in this case? They carry a number around an Octagon around a dozen times a night, how much controversy could that possibly garner? In a sport where people punch one another in the face, no less.

MjFrancis

Why wouldn't you be? Doesn't everyone here get up at 4:00am to stoke the wood fire, feed the chickens and milk the cows before the sun comes up?

ShaneB

Yay for the return of Britney. The controversial career comment is certainly baffling.

And good to see Silva/Sonnen 2 official. Any other fight would've been stupid.

MjFrancis said:
Why wouldn't you be? Doesn't everyone here get up at 4:00am to stoke the wood fire, feed the chickens and milk the cows before the sun comes up?
You know this comment explains why you don't have a TV.

MjFrancis

It's always horrible taste when it isn't us.

And fucking WOW at that pic thirty posted. Should be at the top of every page.

CaptYamato said:
You know this comment explains why you don't have a TV.
I had to quit shaving last March since I didn't have time for that anymore, either. If Brock Lesnar had my beard he might have beat Velasquez, lol.

Hex

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
When will people learn not to post in any threads involving any kind of gender issues, men/women, transsexuals, any of it. They are death traps.

Gender issues or race.
I will not go near them at all anymore.
I got a week ban and juniored (which caused me a huge issue because I did not know that juniors have alot less pm space so my box was all of the sudden full) for an opinion in a thread about race.

They are traps .

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Chamber said:
Good day for MMA. Britney is back and Anderson vs Chael 2 confirmed.

Only thing that could make it better would be winning tix to UFC on Fox from Dana's Twitter. I rarely use Twitter currently, but I follow a lot of fighters. Is there an iPhone app that sends a notification when only a specific person (Dana) tweets? Or do I have to sit in a twitter app all day hitting refresh?

TheNatural

My Member!
Hex said:
Gender issues or race.
I will not go near them at all anymore.
I got a week ban and juniored (which caused me a huge issue because I did not know that juniors have alot less pm space so my box was all of the sudden full) for an opinion in a thread about race.

They are traps .

That's why I'm sticking to MMA threads and any interesting game news threads from now on.

PS - Britney Palmer needs to be in Playboy now.

yacobod

Banned
TheNatural said:
PS - Britney Palmer needs to be in Playboy now.

they should just do a women of the ufc issue like the wwe did back in like 2003 with sable and torrie wilson, get some arriany, lovely chandella, and miss palmer action going :)

MjFrancis

Give me a pack of chew and I'll grab my cowboy hat and I'll be ready.

So long as being a top-tier fighter in my weight class isn't a prerequisite, I think I've got this, folks.

AiTM

Banned
Cant believe there was a mass banning, I made that thread about a study saying women cant drive and walked away unscathed.

And Sonnen Silva 2 proves why MMA is better than boxing.

MjFrancis said:
Wow, this is the funniest shit I've read all day. Thanks, parrotbeak!
I was serious though! Well, they're bffs and live[d] on a ranch together.

I knew that thread poly got banned in was going to be a graveyard.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
CaptYamato said:
That's my personal MMA moment of the year. No joke, it was like Jackson just said "Fuck it, you're kicking his ass. I'm going to sit back and enjoy it."
What's the background on this?

MjFrancis

Cerrone's corner egged him on in the last fight in a loud, obnoxious howl that made everyone laugh out loud in RD2 (it was RD2, right?)

Go get some DON ALD SUH ROW NAY!

yacobod said:
K1 is completely different than MMA, so it doesn't really mean shit. I frankly think K1 striking is totally overrated w/how it translates to the world of MMA.

Mirko Crocop, in my opinion, was a much better striker in his prime than Overeem. He got knocked out by Randleman in a mma fight in his prime.

The last fucking K1 HW champ got outstruck by Werdum in his last fight. Fightmetric for that fight is here for the funnies.

And people throw around the term so loosely about how [X Fighter] has K1 level striking that the expression has been totally devalued. The expression in and of itself is meaningless anyways in mma because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Brock's never LNPd. He finished Randy, Mir, and Carwin. His only fight to go the distance was against Heath Herring, who took a beating and had his orbital bone broken in the opening minutes of the fight.

Why does this come up every couple of pages? I can't remember if your the one always bringing it up dissing on k-1 but yeah, this is an MMA thread, so I shouldn't be fueling the fires. But unless you actually do kickboxing, or even better MMA you probably won't fully understand the technical skill it takes, or the abuse a K-1 fighter goes through with legs, body and arms being tenderized with strikes. Then having to fight 1-2 more times. It seems your only commenting to the few K-1 Heavy Weight fights or Grand Prix's. They are awesome to watch, but if you want to see the top level skill, watch K-1 max, the 155'ers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhhpwkxGLzw

The years of Buakaw, Masato, Kraus, Sato, and Souwer I dont think will be topped...

yacobod

Banned
MjFrancis said:
Cerrone's corner egged him on in the last fight in a loud, obnoxious howl that made everyone laugh out loud in RD2 (it was RD2, right?)

Go get some DON ALD SUH ROW NAY!

that fight didn't make it out of the first round.

MjFrancis

yacobod said:
that fight didn't make it out of the first round.
I've watched too many Cerrone fights lately, then. Been going over the WEC stuff and it's all a big blur from the lightweights to the bantamweights.

TheNatural

My Member!
Gina Carano did an interview recently with Bullett Magazine in which the former face of women’s MMA who is set to make her big screen debut when “Haywire” is released in January made an interesting analogy comparing her opponents to past lovers.

“When you fight someone, you share the experience with that one person, and you’re never going to have that experience with someone else—even in another fight. I always have this weird connection with them,” Gina says. “It really is like we had sex. I’ll always know how many people I fought.”

:eek:

Forget Cain, I'm the baddest dude on the planet - Lesnar

Brock Lesnar will watch the first defence of Cain Velasquez's heavyweight title with interest this weekend, but he insists the UFC champion's reign is a temporary one.

Velasquez takes on Junior Dos Santos in Anaheim, with pre-event adverts labelling Velasquez "the baddest man on the planet".

Lesnar was the man from whom Velasquez won the title, but Brock has since had major surgery as a result of diverticulitis. He took defeat with grace a year ago, but insists he was nowhere near 100 per cent fit.

"For two years I had to lie to myself, and lie to all of my fans. I had to get up every morning and say 'you feel good today', and I didn't," Lesnar told Paul Heyman.

"I had the surgery, it's out of my life, and I'm back. And that's a damn good feeling for me, and it's bad for everyone else."

Primarily it would seem bad news for Alistair Overeem, who takes on Lesnar in his comeback fight at the end of the year.

"I don't have a lot to say to Alistair Overeem," Lesnar said. "Here's a guy that's getting his chance to make a name in the UFC. And unfortunately for him, there's a gatekeeper that stands in his way, and that's Brock Lesnar.

"I will prove on that night that I am, once again, and will always be, the baddest dude on the planet."

"Here's a guy that's getting his chance to make a name in the UFC. And unfortunately for him, there's a gatekeeper that stands in his way, and that's Brock Lesnar.

there's a gatekeeper that stands in his way

gatekeeper

At least Brock knows what his roll is going to be in the UFC.

Top Bottom