• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Also, yaco, our dreams have come true.

Multiple sources confirm that Jan. 28 is the target for UFC on Fox 2 in Chicago at the United Center. That’ll be followed by the Georges St-Pierre-Nick Diaz fight on Super Saturday in Las Vegas on Feb. 4.

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
Also, yaco, our dreams have come true.

NICE! hope they have something good lined up for that, but it seems like they will have a hard time putting on a good main event on such short notice.

yacobod

Banned
dream said:
rofl, good one.
for some reason i almost got scared and thought he was main eventing the ufc on fox 2 card. even dana's not that dumb to tempt the fates with an anti-personality after the cain debacle.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dream Super Bowl weekend card:

Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields main event
Newly resigned Tim Sylvia vs. Andre Arlovski
Demain Maia vs. Thales Leites
Clay Guida vs. Jim Miller
Stefan Struve vs. Fabricio Werdum

Card of guaranteed $$$$ and million breaking buyrate.

TheNatural

My Member!
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Ohhhh thought you where serious...............

Watching the UFC on Fox now :). Spoiled myself already but meh.

It would take longer to read the spoilers than the fight itself lasted.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yacobod said:
NICE! hope they have something good lined up for that, but it seems like they will have a hard time putting on a good main event on such short notice.
Uncle Dana will give us Anderson/Chael 2! BELIEVE!

Evans/Davis...believe...:/

TheNatural said:
Dream Super Bowl weekend card:

Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields main event
Newly resigned Tim Sylvia vs. Andre Arlovski
Demain Maia vs. Thales Leites
Clay Guida vs. Jim Miller
Stefan Struve vs. Fabricio Werdum

Card of guaranteed $$$$ and million breaking buyrate.

WTF YOU TRYING TO SAY ABOUT MAIA?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
yacobod said:
who's gonna make the OT for M1 Global presents Fedor vs Monson lol?

What about the biggest rematch of the year that everyone was demanding?

ksw17_flayer.jpg

Pudzianowski vs. Thompson II

It has FOTY written all over it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
yacobod said:
KSW 17 has sien written all over it. it still will probably be better than those ProElite cards.

I think I remember reading somewhere that a former meth dealer was on the last ProElite card. So taking that into consideration and all...

That last ProElite was terrible. Almost every fight went to decision due to gassed* fighters and grappling against the cage.

* Reagan Penn looked like his tank was empty after the first minute!

parasight

Maklershed said:
UFC 139 = free for Xbox Live Dashboard beta members. Guess they're testing that new UFC module.
Damn. I was so happy until I realized a good friend's birthday shindig is tomorrow. Might miss tomorrow's exciting card and I woulda gotten it for free.

ShaneB

Maklershed said:
UFC 139 = free for Xbox Live Dashboard beta members. Guess they're testing that new UFC module.

This will be great if it works for Canucks as well. edit: the preview thread makes it seem like it does, so that is super duper.

Maklershed said:
That last ProElite was terrible. Almost every fight went to decision due to gassed* fighters and grappling against the cage.

* Reagan Penn looked like his tank was empty after the first minute!
So he has his brothers looks and gas tank?

Heel

yacobod said:
KSW 17 has sien written all over it. it still will probably be better than those ProElite cards.

You know me all too well.

industrian is right, Pudzianowski vs. Thompson II is a fight for the ages and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

MjFrancis

I've never bothered watching a Mariusz Pudzianowski fight, but it appears like he's dropped 40 pounds in the past few years or so. Is he given so much shit because training for strongman competitions is so divorced from MMA training, as his career has so aptly demonstrated?

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Strikeforce Challengers 20: Britt vs. Sayers

Main card starts at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET on Showtime

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

UFC 139: Shogun vs. Henderson - OFFICIAL THREAD

Early prelims start at 3:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Late prelims start at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on Spike TV
Main event starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on pay-per-view

Bellator 58

Prelims start at 2:00 PM PT / 5:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

SUNDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

M-1 Global presents: Fedor vs. Monson

Prelims start at...I have no idea, free on Facebook.com
Main card starts at 4:30 AM PT / 7:30 AM ET on UStream.tv and pay-per-view

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Sergio Pettis vs. Tony Zelinski (Friday, NAFC: Unleashed)
Pete "Drago" Sell vs. Nordine Taleb (Friday, Ring of Combat 38)
Masanori Kanehara vs. Brady Harrison (Saturday, Xplode Fight Series: Hillside Havoc)

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Chamber said:
Kongo/Hunt rumored for Japan.
This would be a great fight for Japan. They know Hunt from Pride and Kongo is intimidating physically. It's also a decent battle of the gatekeepers who the UFC doesn't know what else to do with them.

Heel

Most would think Kongo can get this to the ground and cruise to an easy victory. ADCC 2013 Champion Mark "Top Tenner" Hunt knows otherwise.

yacobod said:
Rashad had a hard time keeping mike bisping on the ground, how's he going to lnp jbj? rashad's the most overrated guy ever at 205#.

I kinda agree with this. Forrest was even lighting him up till he landed that lucky punch. He looked awful that fight. Though, Rashad would be my hero if he KO'd Bones. I can't stand Bones. Dirty fighter, huge reach advantage and fake personality.

I would LOL when Hunt KO's Kongo.

I would LOVE a Kongo/Arlovski fight. Battle of the crappy chins. AA definitely hits harder. I actually gotta go with AA on this one.

yacobod

Banned
i heard that dana ruled out a title fight at UFC on Fox 2. i was hoping for silva/sonnen 2 so scratch that. looking around the only main draw type guys available are like Rampage, Rashad, Forrest. Maybe mid-tier guys like Kos vs Conduit is possible too.

hope it's something good like Rampage/Rashad 2, but I think Rampage/Forrest 2 or Rashad/Phil Davis is more likely. also read that King Mo is supposed to make his ufc debut on that card as well.

MjFrancis said:
I've never bothered watching a Mariusz Pudzianowski fight, but it appears like he's dropped 40 pounds in the past few years or so. Is he given so much shit because training for strongman competitions is so divorced from MMA training, as his career has so aptly demonstrated?
His first fight was against a 205er and since then he's looked pretty bad. He just doesn't look like he has the gas tank or skill to be in the spotlight, and he doesn't even have the youtube backyard fighting creds that Kimbo had. Losing to Timmah in a promotion called Moosin' doesn't help his reputation.

Heel

yacobod said:
i heard that dana ruled out a title fight at UFC on Fox 2. i was hoping for silva/sonnen 2 so scratch that. looking around the only main draw type guys available are like Rampage, Rashad, Forrest. Maybe mid-tier guys like Kos vs Conduit is possible too.

hope it's something good like Rampage/Rashad 2, but I think Rampage/Forrest 2 or Rashad/Phil Davis is more likely. also read that King Mo is supposed to make his ufc debut on that card as well.

The last thing the UFC needs is a repeat of Rashad vs. Rampage on national television. The build up was great for ratings but the fight fell flat.

If they have Rampage and King Mo on this card they need to match them up on the first live season of TUF. Ratings gold guaranteed. Over two years ago...

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

This fight needs to happen.

Maklershed said:
EDIT: @sien - I appreciate the weekend schedule posts. Thanks

No prob!

tass0

Banned
Host Samurai said:

I would LOVE a Kongo/Arlovski fight. Battle of the crappy chins. AA definitely hits harder. I actually gotta go with AA on this one.

Wait, what?!

Hunt is known for having an iron chin, and one of the best in MMA and kickboxing.

Combine both his Kickboxing/K-1 and MMA career and he only has 1 real KO loss (and that's from Manhoef).

Yep, thanks a lot, sien! It's always appreciated, although I've been missing most of the events you post lately. I won't get to see Challengers tonight but might try to check it out later. I guess there won't be a MMAgaf chat going while it's on since gaf will be done.

Host Samurai said:

No way, Pat Barry would have ko'ed AA with one punch. Kongo's chin isn't nearly as bad.

I would also like to see Hunt win. He's like the anti-thesis to Crocop, Wand, etc. Did terrible in Japan the last few years and now he's winning in the UFC.

yacobod

Banned
tass0 said:
Wait, what?!

Hunt is known for having an iron chin, and one of the best in MMA and kickboxing.

Combine both his Kickboxing/K-1 and MMA career and he only has 1 real KO loss (and that's from Manhoef).

reading sir. he said kongo/arlovski, not hunt. hunt ate a prime mirko LHK and didn't even blink.

MjFrancis

parrotbeak said:
His first fight was against a 205er and since then he's looked pretty bad. He just doesn't look like he has the gas tank or skill to be in the spotlight, and he doesn't even have the youtube backyard fighting creds that Kimbo had. Losing to Timmah in a promotion called Moosin' doesn't help his reputation.
Thanks, I guess the situation is as it sounds: big guy get oversold, doesn't live up to 'hype.'

Like others here, sien, I also appreciate the weekend roundup of MMA events. I can always count on that Friday post in my subscription folder.

Heel

No problem guys. I'll keep it up as long as people want to see it. It's pretty easy to bang out now that I have a template and know where to look for info.

There really should be a site that keeps a schedule of all the combat sports on tv, internet streams, etc...

Top Bottom