• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TheNatural

My Member!
17c1c9e3a9ce3ea886dc62496243a495.png

fat fedor, at least his wife is pretty.

howscottcokersignsfedorbp.gif

projekt84

Fedor is like that guy you just want to sit down and have a real intervention with.. but you know he'll never take any advice and just keep doing what he's doing and keep chipping away at his legacy :(.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nah, fuck that. His legacy as the greatest 3rd greatest heavyweight after JDS and Cain is secure. If the dude wants to pile up cash while beating up cans like Monson, that's cool with me.

DKehoe

Nah, fuck that. His legacy as the greatest 3rd greatest heavyweight after JDS and Cain is secure. If the dude wants to pile up cash while beating up cans like Monson, that's cool with me.

Yeh, I don't really mind Fedor continuing to fight. He seemed pretty happy at that event in Russia so if he wants to keep doing that cool for him. It's not like Arlovski for example, who I don't think should be fighting anymore for his own safety.

dream

I don't have a problem with Freddy Lenko competing in his little toughman contests either. The question of his legitimacy (post-2005) has been answered.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Hioki is going to get KOed by Bartimus in Japan. Does Joe Silva want every Japanese fighter to lose in their homeland? Hioki should be staying in the US until he learns what G&P and striking are.

yacobod

Banned
Poor Hioki is going to get KOed by Bartimus in Japan. Does Joe Silva want every Japanese fighter to lose in their homeland? Hioki should be staying in the US until he learns what G&P and striking are.

You sink or swim in the UFC. If he wants to fight cans and take easy fights, it's the wrong promotion to be in.

lol yeah Cain is better than Fedor my ass. Zombie Nog was his best win. Fedor kicked prime Nogs ass 3x. Sorry but Cain is a one trick overrated over hyped pony.

MjFrancis

Many MMA outlets have Hioki as the second or third best guy in the featherweight division. If this mirrored reality Palaszewski shouldn't be a problem for such a highly regarded fighter. Too bad for Hioki that Bartimus has KO power while he's been overrated and overhyped beyond measure.

dream

Chamber's prospective heel turn would be a much bigger surprise than sien916's turn, but it's always possible.

My good friend, as we both know, any GSP fan whose name isn't Boogie is really just one 5 minute round of lay and pray away from saying "fuck that guy."

Patience runs thin, Georges.

I dunno how you guys read Sherdog forums, but thanks for braving it and letting us know what goes on there.

I had the fight Rds 1-4 10-9 Hendo, Rd 5 10-8 Shogoon, for 48-46 Hendo. But whatever, how can you put point values on a fight like that.

MjFrancis

I try not to.

Sometimes I just wander in there and wonder how I got there. Like I was looking for something else but got distracted.

yacobod

Banned
See, what do I need to go to Sherdog for? Thanks guys!

in regards to your comment a few posts up. i think you need to re-evaluate GAF as a whole. some of the threads in the OT, the large sport threads in particular, and basically the entire gaming side are a cesspools imo.

the only thing bad about sherdog and the online mma community in general is how combustible and extremely reactionary everyone is. the ebb and flow is crazy.

Cain would beat Fedor. He could take him down and lay some GnP on him.

Based on what? His amazing competition he faced in his 10 professional fights? Who has Cain beaten that proves hes better than Fedor?

Cains competition in UFC

Kongo
Rothwell
Zombie Nog
Lesnar

Fedors competition

Prime Nog
Randelman
Prime Cro Cop
Sorbal
Coleman
Herring
Arlovski
Sylvia
Arona

Fedor's wins are far more impressive.

yacobod

Banned
Don't disrespect one of our all time greats, yaco. I thought you were better than that.

You are very wise, I need to temper my criticism of young Cain Velasquez. It was a far fall from #1 HW to #2 behind the new HW GOAT JDS, he will come back better than ever. Steel forges steel, and he will only get better fighting the greatest heavyweights in the world inside the octagon. Who would be a good comeback fight for Cain? Carwin, Mittrione, Nelson? I read that ADCC champ Mark Hunt and K1 Striker Chieck Kongo have verbally agreed to fight on the Japan card, so they are not available.

Heel

You are very wise, I need to temper my criticism of young Cain Velasquez. It was a far fall from #1 HW to #2 behind the new HW GOAT JDS, he will come back better than ever. Steel forges steel, and he will only get better fighting the greatest heavyweights in the world inside the octagon. Who would be a good comeback fight for Cain? Carwin, Mittrione, Nelson? I read that ADCC champ Mark Hunt and K1 Striker Chieck Kongo have verbally agreed to fight on the Japan card, so they are not available.

Much like Fedor, at this point in his career he's free to fight who he chooses. His legacy is cemented.

Thank you, Cain.

Heel

Cain would beat Fedor. He could take him down and lay some GnP on him.

Fedor will prove that striking is the pinnacle of the MMA pyramid when he dispatches elite grappler and Olympic gold medalist judoka Satoshi Ishii on New Year's Eve.

What will you have to say then?

yacobod

Banned
Anyone who gets knocked out by Tim Sylvia should be erased from all record books.

He lasted longer than 60 seconds when he dropped the strap :)

Fedor will prove that striking is the pinnacle of the MMA pyramid when he dispatches elite grappler and Olympic gold medalist judoka Satoshi Ishii on New Year's Eve.

He already completed step 1 on that mission by defeating 2 time ADCC champ Tim "the Snowman" Monson in Mother Russia.

yacobod

Banned
not the knee injury that i suspected, but more Shogun injury news from Tatame:

Shogun Rua said:
Many fans want you on the card of UFC Japan, on February. Do you believe there’s a chance you fight there?

I guess it’s hard for me to fight in Japan, even because I injured my clavicle two months before the fight, so I’m a lot hurt and tired. I’ll stay two weeks off and I don’t want to think about fighting during that period. But it’s not something I discard, I’ll think about it carefully.

hmmm. Dan Henderson has alligator skin apparantely.

Fedor really only got his ass beat twice when you think about it. Big Foot and Hendo both beat him decisively. I will say the Werdum loss was a fluke. It was all Werdum playing possum. This tactic was exposed in his fight with Overeem. Fedor got carried away and thought he had him hurt. Dumb move.

Top Bottom