• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
xGEmY.jpg

tass0

Banned

Fedor by TKO Rd 2.

Fedor really only got his ass beat twice when you think about it. Big Foot and Hendo both beat him decisively. I will say the Werdum loss was a fluke. It was all Werdum playing possum. This tactic was exposed in his fight with Overeem. Fedor got carried away and thought he had him hurt. Dumb move.

Fedor could have easily won both the Hendo and Werdum fight if he just played a little smarter. He probably would have finished Hendo if he secured his position on the ground.

I think he finally learned his lesson, judging by the Monson fight (calm, patient, crisp striking, no jumping into Monson's BJJ game after he dropped him numerous times, etc).

Heel

Actually, that Fedor vs. Cain thing looks to be bogus. The writer had joined the site only minutes before posting the article.

Too bad, I would've loved to have seen these two legends go at it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fedor is another one of those fighters that's forgotten the skillset that brought him to the big show in the first place. You see it mostly in wrestlers who learn how to throw a punch, knock a guy out and then suddenly they're brawling in every fight thinking they have elite striking skills.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fedor is another one of those fighters that's forgotten the skillset that brought him to the big show in the first place. You see it mostly in wrestlers who learn how to throw a punch, knock a guy out and then suddenly they're brawling in every fight thinking they have elite striking skills.

I like to call it Rampage syndrome.

agrajag

Banned
Fedor really only got his ass beat twice when you think about it. Big Foot and Hendo both beat him decisively. I will say the Werdum loss was a fluke. It was all Werdum playing possum. This tactic was exposed in his fight with Overeem. Fedor got carried away and thought he had him hurt. Dumb move.

He was doing OK against Hendo before Hendo flash KO'd him. It was similar to the Werdum fight, really.

charsace

Fedor will prove that striking is the pinnacle of the MMA pyramid when he dispatches elite grappler and Olympic gold medalist judoka Satoshi Ishii on New Year's Eve.

What will you have to say then?

I would go to Fedor's altar and sacrifice a roided up, fight shirt wearing meat head to him and then genuflect and pray for forgiveness. The force of Fedor's vengeance for losing faith in him would probably take one of my eyes or ears though.

tass0

Banned
Actually, that Fedor vs. Cain thing looks to be bogus. The writer had joined the site only minutes before posting the article.

Too bad, I would've loved to have seen these two legends go at it.

Cain? Legend? lol.

I can't even tell whether or not some of these posts are serious anymore.

yacobod

Banned
I still think Herb Dean was too quick to pull the trigger on Fedor in his fight with Henderson, he deprived of us a potentially epic round 2 and 3.

If Josh Rosenthal was as big of a pussy as Herb, we would not have had the epic 5 round affair this weekend.

charsace

I still think Herb Dean was too quick to pull the trigger on Fedor in his fight with Henderson, he deprived of us a potentially epic round 2 and 3.

If Josh Rosenthal was as big of a pussy as Herb, we would not have had the epic 5 round affair this weekend.

Fedor probably wouldn't have been able to fight so soon if the Ref didn't jump in. He was out of it and looked like he possibly could have tried to roll with Dan's arm, but most likely would have ended up with Dan taking a dump on his chest while punching his face through the floor on some primal, animal type shit.

mujun

God forbid the ref tries to keep a fighters safety in mind!

Heel

Dan Henderson: $250,000 (no win bonus)
def. Mauricio Rua: $165,000

Wanderlei Silva: $200,000 (no win bonus)
def. Cung Le: $350,000

0038_vj8q7d8gb.gif

Urijah Faber: $64,000 (includes $32,000 win bonus)
def. Brian Bowles: $19,000

Martin Kampmann: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
def. Rick Story: $19,000

Stephan Bonnar: $68,000 (includes $34,000 win bonus)
def. Kyle Kingsbury: $10,000

Ryan Bader: $48,000 (includes $24,00 win bonus)
def. Jason Brilz: $13,000

Michael McDonald: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
Alex Soto: $6,000

Chris Weidman: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Tom Lawlor: $12,000

Gleison Tibau: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
def. Rafael Dos Anjos: $16,000

Miguel Torres: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
def. Nick Pace: $4,000

Seth Baczynski: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Brown: $12,000

Danny Castillo: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
def. Shamar Bailey: $8,000

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Host Samurai said:
Eh, well he got fucked over with Big Foot cause he pretty much sat on him and Fedor couldn't budge, course Comier showed you could knock him out the fight after.

MjFrancis

Fedor needs to not bore me to fucking tears. I finished Round One and didn't see a point in continuing my viewing displeasure.

And one of those English announcers was horrible. He had more energy than either fighter did.

I saw Pandorum but I don't even remember him in it. I have Tekken in my Netflix queue.

Oh wait, I never saw Pandorum. Getting it mixed up with Dead Space, Moon, Sunshine, and Event Horizon.

dream

Cung Le used to single handedly sell out the Shark Tank. I guess Zuffa figured they needed his local drawing power for this show.

Heel

The way Uncle Dana talks about Cung Le you'd think he's Bruce Lee.

Cung Le used to single handedly sell out the Shark Tank. I guess Zuffa figured they needed his local drawing power for this show.

UFC 139
Live gate: $1,270,000
Fighters purse: $1,524,000

I know, PPV money etc., but I don't think this happens very often.

Heel

Shark Tank attendance history:

18,265 - "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Gracie" (March 2006)
16,326 - "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Le" (March 2008)
15,211 - "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" (April 2009)
14,749 - "Strikeforce: Evolution" (December 2009)
13,976 - "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg" (August 2009)
13,832 - "UFC 139: Shogun vs. Hendo" (November 2011)
12,698 - "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum" (June 2010)
10,374 - "Strikeforce: Revenge" (June 2006)
9,672 - "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Baroni" (June 2007)
8,701 - "Strikeforce: Triple Threat" (December 2006)
8,152 - "Strikeforce: Destruction" (November 2008)
7,288 - "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson" (June 2008)
7,249 - "Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives" (November 2007)

Looks like Shamrock had the stroke in the Shark Tank. The most Cung ever drew as a main event in Strikeforce was $1.1m with Frank.

Cung's disclosed purse history:

$200k vs. Shamrock
$150k vs. Smith I
$100k vs. Smith II

Whoops? And yes, I'm bored tonight.

UFC Central on Sportsnet this week is an interview with Tito Ortiz, Tito comes off pretty well in it, I think I will cheer for him at UFC 140

Edit - UFC events not selling out blows my mind

yacobod

Banned
rumored headlines for ufc on fox 2 live from chicago

sonnen vs munoz and sanchez vs ellenberger

is that the best you could do dana? really?

QRJ said:
It don't look like I'm fighting n Japan which I'm not happy about at all,I think its a big mistake by the UFC... Fuck it

From Page's Twitter

Jake.

just caught 139 as i had no net access for a few days....holy fucking shit. didn't think for a million years that hendo could still go for 5 rounds.

Top Bottom