• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Nik "Contact" Lentz

---------

Just saw this in the Funny Pictures thread. Does this remind anyone else of Clay Guida ...

Slolam-skateboarding.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got around to seeing the TUF finale, fucking Herb. Can you give a man 5 more seconds?

As for Diego, I did not expect a submission victory.

Nik "Contact" Lentz

---------

Just saw this in the Funny Pictures thread. Does this remind anyone else of Clay Guida
Haha, ya it does.

Watching XFC. What was that stuff about how the cage is now reinforced and they hope no one falls through the side. Did someone break it before?

Haha, ya it does.

Watching XFC. What was that stuff about how the cage is now reinforced and they hope no one falls through the side. Did someone break it before?

I know someone fell out when the cage door opened by accident recently but not through the cage wall itself. If thats what they were saying then I don't know.

I know someone fell out when the cage door opened by accident recently but not through the cage wall itself. If thats what they were saying then I don't know.
In retrospect they may have been hyping up how big the hw fighters were. XFC seems way more open about the ties between wrestling and mma.

dem

Maia is good... but i think Bisping just got gifted another win..

Bisping vs the winner of Rumble/Vitor in a title eliminator is how it should go...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Uncle Dana continues in his desperate pursuit to get Bisping a title shot by giving him the most beatable top tenner @185.

Not impressed and still not impressed by that card.

Bisping is just hiding from Jimmo, Ryan had been perfecting the UFC style of fighting safe in his last few XFC fights. And those guys are numb with all sorts of codines and Canadian pharmaceuticals, can't wait to see what he does to the average human.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dana White said:
GSP blown acl will be out for 10 mos. Now Condit vs Diaz for the interim welterweight title on Feb 4th in Las Vegas!!

Get well GSP! :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well it is his ACL. That takes awhile to heal.
Yeah.... but i dont even know what an ACL is V__V (English is not my first language)

Is it this?
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is in the middle of the knee. It prevents the shin bone from sliding out in front of the thigh bone.

ldcommando

Banned
lol, poor koscheck

Conduit vs Diaz is going to be awesome. It will probably set the record for most landed strikes in a match.

rinse82

Fuck, that's a brutal injury to come back from.

Dude is a super athlete though, the more you strengthen the leg (which are already strong to begin with in GSP's case) prior to surgery, the better off rehab will be.

The 1 year layoff sucks balls though.

yacobod

Banned
GSP ducking

He's scared homie. He doesn't want to be in a real fight.

Fuck, that's a brutal injury to come back from.

Dude is a super athlete though, the more you strengthen the leg (which are already strong to begin with in GSP's case) prior to surgery, the better off rehab will be.

The 1 year layoff sucks balls though.

I don't know, it's not easy to come back and be the same person after blowing out your knees. Especially a guy who's best assest as a fight is his athleticism. I mean go and watch 2005 MW GP Shogun and compare him to 2011 Shogun Rua. Obviously this is a worst case scenariou, but he's had multiple knee surgeries and has never looked the same. 2005 Shogun was a force of nature.

Norml

The GSP news sucks,I wanted to see Nick whoop him bad!!!

Condit will be a much easier fight though and should be more scrappy:)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Now that they have 5 round main events do they really need to dick about with this interim title horseshit?

dream

Now that they have 5 round main events do they really need to dick about with this interim title horseshit?

I think they use the pro wrestling angle of champions being stripped if they go X days without defending their title.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
horrible news about gsp. could be pretty much the end of his career as we know it -- doubt he will be able to compete at the same level a year later and after blowing out his acl

condit-diaz is going to be amazing though

DKehoe

Well that sucks, hopefully he can come back from it ok. Should piss of Nick even more though, which is always fun.
Condit/Diaz should be fun

Top Bottom