• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Tried to watch Bamma from yesterday but it was really glitchy and HDNET shut the feed down right after the second fight (w Andre Winner) and just showed some show about a land lord for the rest of the time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The story going around is that he flew back to the Netherlands around the time he was meant to be getting drug tested. He has said he did so because his mother has cancer.
Poor Reem :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The story going around is that he flew back to the Netherlands around the time he was meant to be getting drug tested. He has said he did so because his mother has cancer.
Bah, I was gonna make some kind of horse meat steroid joke.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Oh man if he lied about that. Not that I'd put it past anyone in a world where Chael Sonnen exists, but wow.

Dana needs to crack down on this shit and make an example of Reem if it turns out he skipped out on a drug test and now can't fight. Too much money and resources are put into hyping up these fights for them to have to change main events at the last second like this. Injuries are one thing, but this is something the UFC can control. Cut Reem's ass.

Heel

Reem has a weekly blog series on Yahoo leading up to the fight. From Friday:

Overeem: Family always comes first

I know my fans are worried that I am distracted right now but trust me, to compare the situation that had me go back to Holland two weeks ago to what I was dealing with back in 2006-07, it isn’t even close.

I say to MMA fans, again, don’t worry, I will be sending this guy back to WWE for you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dana needs to crack down on this shit and make an example of Reem if it turns out he skipped out on a drug test and now can't fight. Too much money and resources are put into hyping up these fights for them to have to change main events at the last second like this. Injuries are one thing, but this is something the UFC can control. Cut Reem's ass.
I'm almost sure he would if that was the case. Dana hates Reem anyway and look what he cut Torres for.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fixed for you brah!

Todd Duffee, co-holder of the fastest KO win in UFC history, is not a top heavyweight of all sudden?

Strikeforce legend, Brett Rogers, is not a top heavyweight?

James Thompson, a man who pulled in 6.5 million viewers, is not a top heavyweight?

Gary Goodridge, a former Vale Tudo champion, is not a top heavyweight?

Please, cut the shit yaco.

Heel

Todd Duffee, co-holder of the fastest KO win in UFC history, is not a top heavyweight of all sudden?

Strikeforce legend, Brett Rogers, is not a top heavyweight?

James Thompson, a man who pulled in 6.5 million viewers, is not a top heavyweight?

Gary Goodridge, a former Vale Tudo champion, is not a top heavyweight?

Please, cut the shit yaco.

Let's not forget King of the Cage champion Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
6W31j.jpg

i5PVQxRiSoctU.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Agreed completely. Only second to Cain's meteoric rise to become The #1 Heavyweight of All Time within a year's span.

The attempted trolls have gotten so inside anymore I don't even know who they're supposed to troll. A troll inside a troll inside a dream maybe? I don't even ...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If he is roided as you imply skipping the drug test one or two weeks wont make a difference.

I believe in REEM
(My mom has cancer so im siding with Reem)

Fersis

The attempted trolls have gotten so inside anymore I don't even know who they're supposed to troll. A troll inside a troll inside a dream maybe? I don't even ...
Theres more sanity in the WWE thread. XD

DKehoe

I'm almost sure he would if that was the case. Dana hates Reem anyway and look what he cut Torres for.

Wait, Dana hates Overeem? Why do you say that? Before Overeem signed with UFC I heard Dana say on multiple occasions that he liked him, just thought that people claiming he was the #1 Heavyweight was crazy.

yacobod

Banned
Erik Paulson said:
A little bummed out to see Mir break Nogeras Arm and not check to see if he was ok after the Fight. Also to see Jones Drop Machita on his face after he knew that he was out! safety and Well being of your Brothers after you share sweat and blood. then don't care about their well being. leaving a statement for the next generation of fighters that do it to you someday

more reactions on twitter from last nights ppv.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People are getting real stupid with this Jones dropping Machida bit. Maybe Machida should have tapped out if he didn't want to get dropped like a sack of shit on the mat.

dream

People are freaking out about Bones Jones releasing his guillotine on a choked out Lyoto? Really? God, annoying MMA fans have forced me to defend Bones Jones far more than I'm comfortable with doing.

Top Bottom