• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
the problem with mir cain is that mir would probably get taken down and hit a few times, and you know frank just doesn't react very well to getting hit. even when he did sub brock and nog, he needed the referee's interference to kind of save him in both instances.

MjFrancis

ufcjapanposter_larger2jok.jpg
What happened to Ben Henderson's hair?

the problem with mir cain is that mir would probably get taken down and hit a few times, and you know frank just doesn't react very well to getting hit. even when he did sub brock and nog, he needed the referee's interference to kind of save him in both instances.

Realistically I see this being their next fight.

But he's overcome the adversity of a motorcycle accident!

(when is the statute of limitations up for Goldberg talking about that btw?)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Anything is a step above this:

qmvvv.jpg

I'll gladly take the photoshop 101 filters.

As a marketer, I find nearly everything about this stupid. I'm guessing the head of their marketing is an idiot (either that or Dana needs to stop microing everything.)

Then again it's par for the course as far as MMA/fighting events are considered. These aren't really posters, just glorified pamphlets. Just cram as much shit as possible with the sole emphasis on the headlining act, name of the event, and sponsors. You look at lesser MMA posters and this is fucking lightyears ahead.

My biggest gripes with this poster:
Important text in red... why does it suddenly switch to first names for the two smaller fights?
What's the deal with the "One Belt" needlessly added on? I don't think you need the contrast with the "Two of the best..."
Shitty alignment in relation to the smaller fights and PPV info at the bottom.
Speaking of which, two column text like that is a readability nightmare.

Hire me Dana. I'll fix this shit up quickly.

MjFrancis

Or the bar was set really really low.
I've set the bar for their promotional materials very low, actually.

And parrotbeak, you and I must think very alike because I was going to mention how any poster would get a pass if it had something like the following on the top of every print:

20110225-dgh18708.jpg

Arianny works, though. It's just Britney works better.

MjFrancis

That's a big problem with the poster, no matter how cool it looks. It's clearly rooting for the guy who decisively lost. Falls flat postmortem.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
“I’ll be tested four times in three weeks this month, so after this, there cannot be any more doubts,” Overeem said. "I’ve fought in the States before and every time I got tested, I’ve never tested positive. So I don’t get where all the speculation is coming from. I’m too focused on my career, and I don’t really pay attention to these messages.”

“Do I think testing should be done more frequently? Yes, I do think it should be done more, but I think it should be applied to all athletes and not just a randomly select few.”

Overeem said he now wants random pre-fight PED testing for all fighters on that card “That would be the fair thing to do. Otherwise, you would have select testing, and that is unfair.”

Overeem trolling the haters.

And parrotbeak, you and I must think very alike because I was going to mention how any poster would get a pass if it had something like the following on the top of every print:

20110225-dgh18708.jpg

Arianny works, though. It's just Britney works better.
I could stare at this picture all day.

yacobod

Banned
Overeem is a huge step down in competition for brock, he's faced guys like HW GOAT Sugar Cain Velasquez, top 5 HW Shane Carwin, UFC Legends Frank Mir and Randy Couture. Overeem is facing the biggest test of his career, he's going from fighting the 3 Gs (goodridge, grim rodgers, and gladiator thompson) to fighting fucking brockzilla. after he gets taken down and pounded out he's going to run back to Golden Glory and back to the freak and can stomping tour in Japan.

Rur0ni

Overeem is a huge step down in competition for brock, he's faced guys like HW GOAT Sugar Cain Velasquez, top 5 HW Shane Carwin, UFC Legends Frank Mir and Randy Couture. Overeem is facing the biggest test of his career, he's going from fighting the 3 Gs (goodridge, grim rodgers, and gladiator thompson) to fighting fucking brockzilla. after he gets taken down and pounded out he's going to run back to Golden Glory and back to the freak and can stomping tour in Japan.
Am I being trolled? I can't tell in MMA-GAF anymore.

parasight

Even if Reem/Brock doesn't happen, watching that 141 preview made me even more pumped for the obvious war that will be Cowboy/Diaz.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This entire thread is a waste, ignore everything but the news posts. If news wasn't posted in here it would serve no purpose whatsoever.

The purpose is light hearted conversation between gaf mma fans (all 8 of us). Might I suggest MMA Mania if all you care about are news drops?

Top Bottom