• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
ibeygaKu1RL0tV.gif

Is that mutha fuckin Tywin Lannister.

Edit: Yes, it is.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kenny would be all over it.

I think being top 5 in a UFC division carries more prestige than a Strikeforce belt. I'm not sure if anyone thinks Rockhold is any better than fringe top 10. His win over Jacare probably did more damage to Souza's rep than it did to boost Luke.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
there are so many "how did i ever think this guy was good?" guys in strikeforce. jacare and mousasi being the kings of that group. i remember when i used to be excited for those guys fights. god they suck

there are so many "how did i ever think this guy was good?" guys in strikeforce. jacare and mousasi being the kings of that group. i remember when i used to be excited for those guys fights. god they suck

I remember when Mousasi beat Babalu and people said he was the next Fedor.

They were right.

I think being top 5 in a UFC division carries more prestige than a Strikeforce belt. I'm not sure if anyone thinks Rockhold is any better than fringe top 10. His win over Jacare probably did more damage to Souza's rep than it did to boost Luke.
But think about it. He can be the first Male female champion in MMA.

I love going back and watching some of these B rate sideshow fights in the early days of MMA. This one is a classic, Travis Fulton vs. some guy who had no MMA experience except Tae Kwon Do, and the owned of the fed at the time agreed to let him fight as long as Fulton didn't throw any strikes. Hilarity ensues.
Holy shit, lol. He reminded me of bicycle lady zombie in the Walking Dead.

Wait, why would they care if Fulton threw strikes if he was a wrestler/bjj guy against a striker?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I love going back and watching some of these B rate sideshow fights in the early days of MMA. This one is a classic, Travis Fulton vs. some guy who had no MMA experience except Tae Kwon Do, and the owned of the fed at the time agreed to let him fight as long as Fulton didn't throw any strikes. Hilarity ensues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8tVTuNZ3Zw&noredirect=1

I have no idea what Jeremy Bullock was thinking.

I am a 4th degree black belt in TKD, and we never gave MMA/Grappling a second thought. We had the Olympics and that was your focus if you were a competitor. You didn't have illusions that TKD would be a perfect martial art.

On the other hand if it was Jeremy Bulloch, I supposed he'd use a blaster then fly away on his jetpack. Nah, he was a pretty shitty fighter too.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
except that the fight's in Japan, so he's probably going to be paid to take a fall :)

Why pay him, the judges are going to award the win to the japanese guy anyway. If it goes to a decision that is, so might be best to pay him anyway

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Why pay him, the judges are going to award the win to the japanese guy anyway. If it goes to a decision that is, so might be best to pay him anyway

Maybe he's a Gaffer and thought "Free trip to Japan!"

dem

The UFC countdown show does a really bad job of selling Overeem..

Basically..
"I was getting my ass beat at 205lb so I moved to heavyweight and beat up Paul Buentello and Brett Rogers."

Rur0ni

The UFC countdown show does a really bad job of selling Overeem..

Basically..
"I was getting my ass beat at 205lb so I moved to heavyweight and beat up Paul Buentello and Brett Rogers."
Ah forgot... guess I'll record it next airing (Fri, 10PM). Love me some DirecTV.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Random question, but who do guys consider to have the worst standup in MMA?

My top choices are

Mayhem
Aoki
Shields
OSP guy from Strikeforce card

pr0cs

I like Jason Macdonald, he's a nice guy in RL and when he's on he has some really slick GnP and submissions but his boxing is turrible. Like a robot (and no I'm not talking Cantwell either)

My top choices are

Mayhem
Aoki
Shields
OSP guy from Strikeforce card

Aoki
Matt Hammill
Bobby Lashley
Wilson Gouveia
Jens Pulver
90% of any given Dream card

EDIT: My friend just reminded me of Anthony Perosh

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not as weak as Stann calling out Wand when he was limping around on one leg, but cmon. I don't even like Hughes but I don't want to see him go out on fucking Dan Hardy.

I wonder if Scott "hands of stone" Smith is on that Ultimate Comebacks dvd?

EDIT: The UFC app on Xbox is awesome! Feel free to add me to your xbl friends list.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL so apparently Sonnen is "done" with Anderson Silva:

"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. He's cold product. He's like jheri curls and Pepsi Clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and so far past his prime that it's not worth talking about.

I'm going to become the No. 1 contender on January 28th and despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Jon) Jones, (Junior) dos Santos and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. I will take that voucher to Dana White and pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/...georges-st-pierre-jon-jones-junior-dos-santos

Sounds fine by me. I rather see Thunder Dan vs. Anderson anyway, and Sonnen fed to Jones and completely and utterly destroyed would be some of the best TV watching since 'Sanford and Son' debuted.

PS - Hay guys like my new kewl sweater?

19623_large.jpg

Top Bottom