• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
Heel - fedor is going to crush cans in 2012 ala reem, rack up a 5 or 6 fight win streak and the hype train and hw goat talks will propel him into the ufc in 2013. Believe.

Heel - fedor is going to crush cans in 2012 ala reem, rack up a 5 or 6 fight win streak and the hype train and hw goat talks will propel him into the ufc in 2013. Believe.

But by then Josh will be ready to defend his UFC title and we can finally see Josh/Fedor.

Heel

But by then Josh will be ready to defend his UFC title and we can finally see Josh/Fedor.

I want to believe. It's all icing on the cake from here on out. Enjoy it while it lasts boys.

Nice avatar, yaco!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's a hilarious video of a bunch of hillbillies watching Lesnar/Overeem on youtube. Don't think I can link it since it shows the whole fight.

It's nice to know everyone who beats Brock is a Mexican.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So what's the over/under on the rest of the Strikeforce HW's getting signed to UFC after Strikeforce crumbles dissolves that division?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fersis will never stop believing in Mousasi the same way dream will never give up on Mirko.
Agreed and i like how you talk in the third person. XD

Mousasi with good Takedown Defense and an actual training camp would be beastly.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Frank Mir stock just plummeted in my eyes. I don't care that he's on a win streak. Losses to Brock, Carwin and hittin' the stanky leg against 2011's Big Nog has revoked any claim he had on GOAT status. Sorry dream!

Also, we all now know the great, stoic Fedor would've casted a right hook from hell, shattering ol' gunshy Brock's hype into a million pieces. Fact. Come at me.

I agree with these two points and I still think Mir would get destroyed by Lesnar. Frank is a glorified gatekeeper.

There's a hilarious video of a bunch of hillbillies watching Lesnar/Overeem on youtube. Don't think I can link it since it shows the whole fight.

It's nice to know everyone who beats Brock is a Mexican.
"Why was the Mexican crying? Fuck him"

What?

Also did anyone notice Mario changed his heart hands to a black power salute?

dream

what are your biggest what if dream matches that never happened? Mine are Andrei (2005) vs Mirko (2003) and Don Frye vs Marco Ruas. Still pretty choked about the latter because I think it could have been a legendary fight just based on styles and their momentum at the time.

Heel

what are your biggest what if dream matches that never happened? Mine are Andrei (2005) vs Mirko (2003) and Don Frye vs Marco Ruas. Still pretty choked about the latter because I think it could have been a legendary fight just based on styles and their momentum at the time.

Sakuraba vs. Rickson

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Frank is underrated big time. Ppl still salty he tapped nog. Kongo is the hw gatekeeper. Frank is top 5 in the ufc.

With the Strikeforce guys added in? Shit no.

What's Frank done to make anyone think he's improved since he got curbstomped by Carwin?

Pride wand vs prime chuck, not the watered down one we got.
Ya. I thought I was the only one who was disappointed with that fight. I guess nothing was going to be as amazing as I'd hoped.

For fantasy would never happen, I always wanted to see Wand vs Shogun when they were both in Pride.

yacobod

Banned
I like josh but its hard to accurately rank him because he hasn't faced anyone since 2006, but he did look great against grim and sergei.

dream

This dream match talk makes me sad because it's such an awful reminder of how there really are no dream matches left outside of Anderson vs Rush St Pierre. At a time when any fight is politically possible to put on, there is no fight we really want to see because everyone sucks.

Fuckin Miller brothers.

Heel

I remember Bas mentioning he was offered to fight Wand in PRIDE. A little past his prime but that would've been awesome. Open weight bout I assume.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I like josh but its hard to accurately rank him because he hasn't faced anyone since 2006, but he did look great against grim and sergei.

I'd take two dominate wins over Grim and Sergei over two uneventful wins over Zombie Cro Cop and Nelson. I don't think beating Nog in 2011, after briefly being put on dream street, is all that impressive either.

dream

I can't lie, I'd pay $60 to watch 50 year old Ken Shamrock vs 65 year old Dan Severn in the war to settle the score.

Heel

All of this super fight talk just reminded me...

Kimbo Slice vs. Dada 5000, January 12th 2012

Please tell me this is still happening.

I think Brock's disease impacted his career since the Carwin fight. The Brock that destroyed Mir at 100 was the only time we saw a real Prime Lesnar and to those who say he can't take a hit, he just shrugged off that knee to the face from Mir in that fight. That lose to Cain and the layover killed him and he came back only to fight the best striker in the division who might just be the best HW right now. I still say Brock beats most of the HW division and maybe even a rematch with Cain.

Top Bottom