• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot the Diaz fight was on 143. That will be great.

You guys think Hendricks should fight one more time before being second in line?

AiTM

Banned
Being a 5 round fight I feel like Diaz is gonna get his ass beat for 2 rounds then win on the backside...then he gets GSP.

Yet another striker losing to a wrestler. Gonna happen with Sonnen/silva, gonna happen with GSP/diaz, should have happened with Lesner/reem had he actually wanted to be there.

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission issued a medical suspension to Brock Lesnar that prohibits him from fighting in UFC again before June 28. Lesnar was taken to a hospital due to concerns that he may have suffered a broken rib during his UFC 141 loss to Alistair Overeem. Lesnar's injury is listed as an abdominal issue, according to a story at MMAFighting.com."

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission issued a medical suspension to Brock Lesnar that prohibits him from fighting in UFC again before June 28. Lesnar was taken to a hospital due to concerns that he may have suffered a broken rib during his UFC 141 loss to Alistair Overeem. Lesnar's injury is listed as an abdominal issue, according to a story at MMAFighting.com."
I laugh every time I look at your avatar.

yacobod

Banned
do you remember the wcw video promo of Sting traveling to the mountain of fear to face off against big van vader and his cronies?

pure comedy

Heel

The funny thing is Bam Bam swore that was a work.............................

ibfHNhMDEmWxTW.gif

Strikeforce isn't that bad. ProElite on the other hand I would not wish on my worst enemy.

Rousey would be wise to continue ducking Cyborg.

Definitely. You never know what someone can do when they grab on to someone else .. especially a judoka .. but I don't think she could handle Cyborg at this point.

Heel

So I fucked up and made a public MMA-GAF pool since they deleted everything. Instead of joining that one, you can join "MMA GAF"

Password - neogaf

Joined. I hope everyone joins from the get-go so we're on an even playing field for scoring. Get on it guys!

i rather watch shark fights, pro elite, ksw, over these neutered strikeforce cards. dana just needs to kill this thing. completely baffling that they kept it alive.

I dunno, I guess I've never met a Bad MMA card I havent liked, but I kinda like this card. Interesting to see guys like Amagov and Larkin who had success in Challengers get a crack at established names. This is exactly how Strikeforce should be operating for UFC.

Personally I think if Strikeforce wants to step up their game they need new announcers. Ranallo is goofy yuckster radio type guy, Shamrock and zombie Kevin Bacon are knowledgeable but are empty suits and generally have nothing to add, and Militich has the technical expertise but is bizarrely combative with the other announcers and has no qualms about creating dead air.

I say make Strikeforce the new WEC + new announcers = success!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Personally I think if Strikeforce wants to step up their game they need new announcers. Ranallo is goofy yuckster radio type guy, Shamrock and zombie Kevin Bacon are knowledgeable but are empty suits and generally have nothing to add, and Militich has the technical expertise but is bizarrely combative with the other announcers and has no qualms about creating dead air.

They need Don Frye and Bas Rutten. Bring back the Shark Fights heat.

AiTM

Banned

Yea they need to fire fat billy corgan. Cant even watch old Pride without him ruining it. Put Bas on there.

Heel

Agreed. The only one I'd care to have stick around is Miletich.

dream

Oh so THAT'S what you guys mean when you talk about boosting and shit. I thought you were all just being weird.

edit: the design of this site is sherdog-bad.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh so THAT'S what you guys mean when you talk about boosting and shit. I thought you were all just being weird.

edit: the design of this site is sherdog-bad.

If you spent more time with your MMA GAF brothers instead of discussing the pros and cons of supernatural pro wrestling characters in the other sports entertainment thread, you would have known that.

dream

If you spent more time with your MMA GAF brothers instead of discussing the pros and cons of supernatural pro wrestling characters in the other sports entertainment thread, you would have known that.

I...didn't know you knew about that.

I am so embarrassed right now. ):

AiTM

Banned
MMA gaf is such a closed tight nit group. Yaco, Dream, Chamber, and Heel and a couple others.

Maybe I need to follow the path laid out by Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen and be the bad guy troll, continuing to call out Silva and Overeem

The last time I heard Don Frye announce was when Strikeforce title contender Keith Jardine got pummeled by Trevor Prangley.

Maybe I need to follow the path laid out by Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen and be the bad guy troll, continuing to call out Silva and Overeem

???

90% is trolling already. We need more straight men as foils, not more heels.

Top Bottom