• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
I was going to say earlier I think you guys missed out by not putting some women's mma into yaco's avatar.

I'm still amenable to a change. I don't even know if there was an official vote, I just picked the one with the Japanese flag because i liked it the most.

edit:

the other day my wife asked me why I have Ronnie from the jersey shore and GSP in my avatar now.

yacobod

Banned
BJ Penn said:
Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

lol from BJ Penn's twitter account

https://twitter.com/#!/bjpenndotcom

maybe he got hacked, or he's the saltiest guy around.

Diaz is a punk with no sportsmanship whatsoever.

And I love them for it. They are the greatest characters in the UFC right now. This is the fighting game, and if they wanna be flippin everyone off, and still pulling wins, so be it. There is a line though, I think bullshit like Bisping running over to the other persons corner and spitting on them, daley sucker punching kos, or Brock running up into opponents faces after he wins? Diaz Brothers I feel have not crossed any horrible lines. I am still astounded by people not being enertained by these two. What fights have they had that were boring???

AiTM

Banned
An ass kicking was given on both sides. Lets not forget BJ is a lightweight
scaled.php

137-penn-diaz1.jpg

pr0cs

And I love them for it. They are the greatest characters in the UFC right now.

QFT, the UFC needs more fighters like this who can talk AND back their shit up.
Same with Sonnen, he has the WWE schtick down to a science now and is hated for it but he's entertaining and can back his shit up.
I'm tired of squeaky clean fighters that are boring as fuck to watch and listen to. Give me fighters who come to fight with bad intentions and aren't afraid to talk some smack.

I love the fighters with character. UFC has always had trouble building stars compared to Pride so playing a bit of a heel is always entertaining.

Balehead

BJ wasn't hacked. This guy is sort of verified on the underground:

1 hour ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pedro Carrasco

BJPENN.COM, Editor-in-Chief

"Its definitely not a hack... I can confirm it, that came straight from the mind of BJ himself... "

"and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.

I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world -

Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!

Expect more from Penn to come for sure! "

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1934346&page=3

dream

Let's be real here. An angry, fired up, man kissing, flexible, vampiric BJ owns this business. He may very well be the man to send Cowboy out on a stretcher.

And I love them for it. They are the greatest characters in the UFC right now. This is the fighting game, and if they wanna be flippin everyone off, and still pulling wins, so be it. There is a line though, I think bullshit like Bisping running over to the other persons corner and spitting on them, daley sucker punching kos, or Brock running up into opponents faces after he wins? Diaz Brothers I feel have not crossed any horrible lines. I am still astounded by people not being enertained by these two. What fights have they had that were boring???

I suppose so. I just disagree with you and some MMA fans that he is not my type of fighter, personality-wise.

ScOULaris

blah blah,Cerrone flipped him off at the start which made Nate's even better :D
iCYUgm7dsftgv.gif

Yup. This needed to be reiterated for those who are bashing Diaz without having noticed Cerrone's behavior before the fight. Was it classy and/or sportsmanlike? Nope. Was it fair play in light of Cerrone's original gesture? You bet.

Just saw the news that Jon Madsen was signed by Bellator. I had no idea he was even cut by UFC. He was 7-1 overall, 4-1 in the UFC. It's weird how some guys they give a million chances and some guys they cut after a single loss.

yacobod

Banned
as a fan of MMA, i have to admit i'm pretty embarrassed by MTV's new reality tv show CAGED, what a depraved looking white trash fest.

Heel

Looks pretty good,he even tried one of those kicks off the cage in that video.

He's kinda getting thrown to the wolves here, but glad the UFC picked him up. Bellator has been beating the brakes off the UFC on snatching up prospects.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the news that Jon Madsen was signed by Bellator. I had no idea he was even cut by UFC. He was 7-1 overall, 4-1 in the UFC. It's weird how some guys they give a million chances and some guys they cut after a single loss.

Bellator seems to get a couple of UFC guys that were cut prematurely. Brian Foster is in their upcoming 170 tournament because the UFC cut him after doctors found he had a brain hemorrhage. He was cleared soon after. He was 3-2 in the UFC I think.

Top Bottom