• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

AiTM

Banned
OH SNAP. Shes probably gonna grow a pair of balls

Cristiane "Cris Cyborg" Santos, widely regarded as the best female fighter in mixed martial arts, has been suspended for testing positive for steroids.

The California State Athletic Commission announced on Friday that it has suspended Cyborg because her drug test following her most recent fight, a 16-second knockout of Hiroko Yamanaka, came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid stanozolol. The result of the Cyborg-Yamanaka fight will be changed to a no decision.

"Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters," CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd said in a statement. "Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

The CSAC's announcement did not say how long Cyborg will be suspended. She has also been fined $2,500.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/01/06/cris-cyborg-suspended-for-positive-steroid-test/

Heel

Siyar Bahadurzada vs Paulo Thiago for UFC on Fuel 2 in Sweden. Damn, that's going to be a fucking scrap. Could be a darkhorse contender for FOTY.

Nice. It's too bad Siyar vs. Erick Silva fell through. That was gonna be a good one.

Cristiane "Cris Cyborg" Santos, widely regarded as the best female fighter in mixed martial arts, has been suspended for testing positive for steroids.

i6sl9mKmzRkxy.gif

Heel

What exactly is CSAC doing differently from all of the other commissions? I bet they catch more than all of the other states combined.

yacobod

Banned
BJ Penn said:
Excuses?? The whole world knows I lost the fight including myself. I’m tired of you talking down to me Cesar, I hope you’re in training camp right now because the next time I see you, you better not be “scared homie!”

BJ in response to Cesar Gracie.

Shots fired.

I forgot to mention that Sherdog sent me an email offering to port over the existing pick 'em group to the relaunched game - I said sure but now I see there's a new MMA-GAF group already...oh well. They're not going to have it ported over until next week apparently.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
UPDATE: UFC president Dana White was on ESPN radio today and stated Santos will be stripped of the Strikeforce Women’s Featherweight Championship and Cyborg’s positive test “pretty much kills” the women’s featherweight division in Strikeforce

Damn, if Honda had waited just a bit, she could have had a free belt.

What I'm wondering is, was it necessary? It's not like she was really being challenged in the first place. She could've just clobbered people without the advantage.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wasn't there like one or two cyborg defenders in this thread? i remember comparing them to the bonds defenders

banish that horrifying beast.

no big loss if it takes down wmma with it too. ugh

Most MMA fighters do steroids, but they get off their cycle 30 days before testing. With the amount of high intensity training they do it is almost a requirement.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Kawajiri needs to be fighting here. 145 is thin as hell and his style translates well to the Ultimate Wrestling Championships.

kitch9

Banned
Most MMA fighters do steroids, but they get off their cycle 30 days before testing. With the amount of high intensity training they do it is almost a requirement.

Yeah, I go to a MMA gym, (I don't fight, just weight train.) and one of the dudes fights heavyweight (He's HUUUGE!) and he does what you say so they lose all the water weight etc etc.

Balehead

She needs to pull a Thiago Silva on this, come clean and apologize publicly. Admitting after getting caught made Silva such an honest people's champion on Sherdog and Underground it should work for Cyborg as well.

smurfx

get some go again
uh, cyborg is manlier than most mma fighters so she must be doing the good stuff
actually she must be doing the bad stuff since she got caught. i'd imagine the good stuff the higher class guys have is way harder to test and also much more expensive.

BLACKLAC

Anderson Silva back to training!

Anderson Silva back to training. Check exclusive pics! :: TATAME

The best pound by pound fighter of the world is back to the trainings. Anderson Silva, who stayed a while off the gym due to an injury on his shoulder, started training in Rio de Janeiro again, at X-Gym, and TATAME followed closely the train of the UFC champion, who hasn’t fought since his one-sided domination over Yushin Okami. Check below the exclusive photos of this Friday’s trainings, which included names as Rafael Cavalcante and Ronaldo Jacare, both former Strikeforce champion, and Erick Silva.

The GOAT has returned!

Good to see Erick Silva training with Anderson.
13258805802763.g.jpg

On the official UFC Facebook feed the people in this pic are tagged as BIG PENIS, Roland Dumas, and hidden meth pipe.
Haha, just saw that. That angle is even more disturbing. With his cap and the way he's holding his arms, he seriously looks like this tweaker that I would always see along the highway on my way to work.

9m3AQ.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gotta say rumble's loss to kos was one of the underrated weird fights. he was beating him, then kos milked the fuck out of an eyepoke, then rumble actually did get poked in the eye hard but ref barely gave it any credence since i think he was just over it after rumble's milking and rumble got dominated from that point on. i remember that fight leaving a really bad taste

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
gotta say rumble's loss to kos was one of the underrated weird fights. he was beating him, then kos milked the fuck out of an eyepoke, then rumble actually did get poked in the eye hard but ref barely gave it any credence since i think he was just over it after rumble's milking and rumble got dominated from that point on. i remember that fight leaving a really bad taste

Most fights where Kos wins usually leaves a bad taste tho...

Top Bottom