• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

gotta say rumble's loss to kos was one of the underrated weird fights. he was beating him, then kos milked the fuck out of an eyepoke, then rumble actually did get poked in the eye hard but ref barely gave it any credence since i think he was just over it after rumble's milking and rumble got dominated from that point on. i remember that fight leaving a really bad taste

And then went on to fight Daley and milked a pretend knee to the head.

gotta say rumble's loss to kos was one of the underrated weird fights. he was beating him, then kos milked the fuck out of an eyepoke, then rumble actually did get poked in the eye hard but ref barely gave it any credence since i think he was just over it after rumble's milking and rumble got dominated from that point on. i remember that fight leaving a really bad taste
Then Logan and Natasha were fired. Ya, I already didn't like Kos but that fight sealed it.

And then went on to fight Daley and milked a pretend knee to the head.
I cheered when Daley false cracked him after.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been watching MMA for very long so I've never heard of Koscheck's next opponent. Are they just feeding him a lower tier guy?

I haven't been watching MMA for very long so I've never heard of Koscheck's next opponent. Are they just feeding him a lower tier guy?
Nah, he's been around and is high mid tier, I guess. He's just one of those guys you don't remember, like that guy with the beard.

Edit, actually looking at his record he hasn't really beat anyone I heard of before. He's just been around a while.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys noticed the ads for the upcoming cards? I saw one for both FX and the Fox card. You probably can't watch a more boring commercial than one with Jim Miller.

Nah, he's been around and is high mid tier, I guess. He's just one of those guys you don't remember, like that guy with the beard.

Edit, actually looking at his record he hasn't really beat anyone I heard of before. He's just been around a while.

Pierce is a mid-level guy and Koscheck likes to fight a lot. Since all the top guys are locked down and he likes to keep active he gets mid-tier guys.

Heel

Pierce is a mid-level guy and Koscheck likes to fight a lot. Since all the top guys are locked down and he likes to keep active he gets mid-tier guys.

You could argue that Pierce beat Hendricks, who just KO'd Fitch. He held his own at the very least. Also gave Fitch some trouble of his own. I don't mind the match up at all given the circumstances.

Perhaps Brittney wouldn't have been brought over from the WEC if Logan and Natasha were still around.

Thank you, Mr. Koscheck.
Hmm, good point.

You could argue that Pierce beat Hendricks, who just KO'd Fitch. He held his own at the very least. Also gave Fitch some trouble of his own. I don't mind the match up at all given the circumstances.
Pierce isn't known for his striking, right? I'd guess Kos will be banging away so should be good.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think Carwin is out until the middle of the year. I have a feeling Mir is gonna get shelved for a while or get a squash match.

To me it would have made more sense to book Cain/Mir and then give Bigfoot someone like Kongo or Mitrione.

Heel

Pierce isn't known for his striking, right? I'd guess Kos will be banging away so should be good.

He's definitely a grinder. He's had flashes of good striking in the past (5 second KO of Dolce, had Fitch hurt). I'd say Koscheck is just a better version of him. You never know though.

To me it would have made more sense to book Cain/Mir and then give Bigfoot someone like Kongo or Mitrione.

Yeah. I'd say Cain's hands are too fast for Bigfoot to handle. Plus he already lost to an AKA fighter with a similar style. I would've rather have seen Mir vs. Cain or Mir vs. Bigfoot. Still, don't see this being a boring fight.

dream

Wait, that's the first Fox event?

Also are you serious about Archie being a good comic?

Totally serious...

I guess there was this fantasy storyline about Archie getting married a few years ago and this Life With Archie thing takes that premise and builds on it. So it's about the Archie gang all grown up and struggling with life because life is fucking hard. Mr. Lodge is now sinister and there's a secret plot with Dilton who has made a profound and terrifying discovery. Miss Grundy has a terminal illness and her husband, Mr. Weatherbee, is trying to be strong for everyone but it's wearing on him. Pop Tate retired and Jughead is trying to buy the Choklit Shop from him but he can't raise enough money and Mr. Lodge (who, as it turns out, hates small town Riverdale because he knows the real money is in booming metropolises) wants to buy out the place for development by sending Archie in to make an offer, causing friction between the two lifelong buddies. Some characters are dealing with their relationships fracturing and trying to learn how to move on after everything they ever wanted fell apart. It's just really good shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yea, well, you also like Rush St. Pierre.

iT9ODyrovKBQ2.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What Dana says about it

"What could end up happening is Dan Henderson fights Jon Jones first, and then [Jones' subsequent fight] would be close to the time that Rashad fights. Or we see how things go with Rashad [versus Phil Davis] and Rashad fights him first," said White.

What's the rush? Rashad is fighting in 3 weeks. If he wins and escapes injury free, book Jones/Evans. Otherwise, throw Hendo to Jones.

dream

Seriously. When you have a dream match (it says so much about the state of the UFC when I legitimately consider Rashad vs Bones Jones a dream match) you make it ASAP.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't see Rashad getting past Davis that easy. Yes Davis has been miserable and Rashad-like in his past few fights but people are way overrating Rashad based on the Tito fight. I do understand the interest from the drama angle, though Rashad's drama will always be severely discounted to me because of the Rampage farce.

Cristiane "Cris Cyborg" Santos, widely regarded as the best female fighter in mixed martial arts, has been suspended for testing positive for steroids.

The California State Athletic Commission announced on Friday that it has suspended Cyborg because her drug test following her most recent fight, a 16-second knockout of Hiroko Yamanaka, came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid stanozolol. The result of the Cyborg-Yamanaka fight will be changed to a no decision.

...well, at least she made weight, right?

20120107-fmm535iimiq5jhxn1ydra9pwm.jpg

I don't see Rashad getting past Davis that easy. Yes Davis has been miserable and Rashad-like in his past few fights but people are way overrating Rashad based on the Tito fight. I do understand the interest from the drama angle, though Rashad's drama will always be severely discounted to me because of the Rampage farce.
Ya, I'm more interested in Hendo, and even that is hard to think what Hendo is going to have for Jones. It shows how far above Jones is that his main grudge is with a guy that doesn't seem to have anything for him.

Totally serious...
Hmm, sounds interesting, i'll check it out. When is the next Heart coming out?

Balehead

Was so glad to read that Jones wants to fight 3-4 times this year. I don't like the dude outside the octagon, but he fights well and it would be nice to have one active champ in the UFC. Everyone else is always injured.

I think they should put him against Hendo asap, Rashad will no doubt break something against Davis even if he wins.

edit: Cyborg is innocent ya'll:
"While I was preparing myself for my last fight, I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead Strikeforce, the commission or my fans."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26870/str...logizes-for-failed-test-blames-supplement.mma

dream

“While I was preparing myself for my last fight I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead StrikeForce, the Commission or my fans. I train harder than any fighter in MMA and do not need drugs to win in the cage, and I have proven this time and time again! My only mistake is not verifying the diet aid with my doctor beforehand, and understanding that it was not approved for use in the ring.”

http://mmaprime.tv/2012/01/07/cris-cyborg-releases-statement-to-mmaprime-tv/

A dietary supplement with Stanazolol? Who ya crappin, man.

Cyborg said:
I will do everything I can to show my fans that I can still compete at the professional level without the use of any prohibited substances, and ask God’s forgiveness for my mistake.
I don't know how that religion stuff works but why ask for God's forgiveness if it was an unintentional mistake.

Norml

http://bjpenn.com/news/2012/01/07/u...graceful-to-the-sport-says-bj-penn-11159.html

God damn, BJ is a salty bitch. SMH at Hilo people looking down on Diaz for talking like a thug and smoking weed. Even his fans are calling him on this shit.
He really is being a bitch.
“My recent comments have nothing to do with my loss. I know I lost.

@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
I’ll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

LOL
diazpenn00.gif

Top Bottom