• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hate denzel washington by the way. Supremely overrated.

iDAyqnIfzT5rO.gif

Heel

If anyone's interested, a Japanese translator just made some JMMA books available in English. He used to charge or them, but now they're free with the option to donate.

MMA Translator said:
Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again. Well, a little late this time as I moved during the Christmas holidays.

I translated three Japanese MMA books over about a 1.5 year period, all thanks to the generosity of the donators, many of them from the UG/OG, that worked to help make the project come alive.

Now, everyone visiting the UG can enjoy the books for free. The links are below. Some might not work, so just try another. If all links for a book are really dead, I'll put new links up when I can.

PRIDE - Secret Files:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/hjdIev4/PSFW.rar

The password for the pride rar file is 4141donate1414

Sakuraba's first autobiography:

in regular quality:
http://hotfile.com/dl/89800627/4aacd17/SakuMe.rar.html

in high quality:
http://hotfile.com/dl/89800547/954f991/SakuMeHQ.rar.html

The password for the Saku rar file(s?) is donators4uthx1

Sakuraba's third autobiography:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b8p91ypavnvjnl3

The password for the 3rd sakuraba biography is id0nated

http://mma-pride-book.blogspot.com/
Email / PayPal: mmatranslations@gmail.com

When I find time, I will try to start up getting more books done, though at the moment, I'm saying my PayPal pennies to buy a book from Italy that I want to translate for a non-MMA-related project.

Thanks again to everyone that helped support the project!

Heel

@SchiavelloVOICE - Wow if you dress as Minowa on jan 21 at Pro Elite at Blaisdell arena, red speedo's and all, Pro Elite will give you FREE TICKETS FOR LIFE!!

parrotbeak, don't be scared homie. ProElite will be around for decades to come!

@SchiavelloVOICE - Wow if you dress as Minowa on jan 21 at Pro Elite at Blaisdell arena, red speedo's and all, Pro Elite will give you FREE TICKETS FOR LIFE!!

parrotbeak, don't be scared homie. ProElite will be around for decades to come!
Hahaha. I would but I have to live in this city, probably also for the rest of my life.

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
... Now, since Hendo turned down the Nog fight, his status is unclear. #ufctonight
13 minutes ago

Ariel Helwani
... the original plan was if Evans beat Davis, he would face Jones. The winner of Hendo/Nog would then fight for the #1 contender. ...
14 minutes ago

Ariel Helwani
Also reported, @danawhite said that Dan Henderson turned down a fight against Lil' Nog, so they then decided to book Nog-Gustafsson

Hendo must be demanding a title shot NOW

Fifty

Hendo shouldn't be wasted on a guy who has won 1/3 of his last fights and to Tito Ortiz at that. I understand that everyone should just comply with whatever Dana says, but Hendo is rich, he's old, and he shouldn't be wasted on this fight. He's coming off a fight of the decade candidate and there's no better time to give him the shot. If he's content to wait, let him wait. The odds of Rashad breaking a nail in the lead up to his eventual fight with JBJ are high enough that they'd be smart to have a replacement like Hendo ready and waiting.

dream

Plus Hendo is the fucking Strikefarce champion and the UFC should be fucking eager to fucking unify the fucking titles.

Excuse me, but why the fuck is Lil' Nog in the title hunt?

Because Jon Jones destroyed the division. It's basically split up between "Guys who's shit Bones wrecked" and "Guys who's shit Bones will soon wreck". If Bones has another year like he did in 2011 you're gonna end up with Tito getting a title shot by default.

Heel

I think if they let Bones fight 4 times this year the Zuffa machine will have a hard time churning out a convincing challenger in 2013. The guys currently in the title hunt are either fighting each other or will potentially lose to someone Bones already beat:

Rashad
Hendo
Davis
Gustafsson

Who outside of these names could reel off solid wins in 2012 to be a legit challenger? Thiago Silva is the only guy I can think of. Lil' Nog via miracle? The rest are in Strikeforce.

Yes I am aware I'm talking like Jon Jones will not lose this year.

I think if they let Bones fight 4 times this year the Zuffa machine will have a hard time churning out a convincing challenger in 2013. The guys currently in the title hunt are either fighting each other or will potentially lose to someone Bones already beat:

Rashad
Hendo
Davis
Gustafsson

Who outside of these names could reel off solid wins in 2012 to be a legit challenger? Thiago Silva is the only guy I can think of. Lil' Nog via miracle? The rest are in Strikeforce.

Yes I am aware I'm talking like Jon Jones will not lose this year.

Fedor :p

agrajag

Banned
They need to have Bones fight two #1 contenders at the same time. Now IF they win, then those two have to slug it out for the vacant title.

What city is this?
Honolulu

Hendo shouldn't be wasted on a guy who has won 1/3 of his last fights and to Tito Ortiz at that. I understand that everyone should just comply with whatever Dana says, but Hendo is rich, he's old, and he shouldn't be wasted on this fight. He's coming off a fight of the decade candidate and there's no better time to give him the shot. If he's content to wait, let him wait. The odds of Rashad breaking a nail in the lead up to his eventual fight with JBJ are high enough that they'd be smart to have a replacement like Hendo ready and waiting.
Ya, I agree with this. Hendo is doing the smart thing. He doesn't have many fights left, especially after the war with Rua. On the other hand, he's gotta be low on lifeforce and Jones just may literally kill him.

Holy shit that is a scary pic of Mir.

Balehead

I don't get it why the UFC would wait for Davis/Evans to happen with all the what ifs when Jones has said he wants to get back in there. It would be pretty simple to have him fight Hendo and the winner of that fights Davis/Evans. Besides, it's pretty guaranteed that Rashad will either lose or break something anyways. Perfect time to cash in on Jones and make him a star while all the other champs are out of the picture.

LeaveItAlone

Neo Member
If any of you fine people are UFC Fight Club members and not planning to go to the event in Stockholm I would be really appreciative if you could let me know the presale code to get early tickets that is being released in an hour or so.

SteveWD40

Hendo is the worst negotiator ever, he tried this shit once before and it cost him his job.

Seems so, he scores KO of the forever at UFC 100 and can't seem to negotiate decent money so leaves.

He loses to Shields, ok that's fail...

He then beats some SF guys, TKO's Fedor and beats Rua in a fight of the decade contender. He is well known and easily deserves a shot. My theory:

They don't want Hendo stalling the hype train that is Bones, this kid is the new shit for the UFC who just lost Brock, GSP is out for a while and Silva still isn't they marketing wet dream they hoped, he is hard to control and probably approaching retirement. They need guys to stick on the front of UFC games and Jones is all set to be the Jordan of MMA.

Hendo imho has the best chance of beating Jones out of the current crop, he has a jaw woven of pure mithril and heavy hands, his wrestling is sound and I don't think Jones has Shields level of jits / top control.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
If any of you fine people are UFC Fight Club members and not planning to go to the event in Stockholm I would be really appreciative if you could let me know the presale code to get early tickets that is being released in an hour or so.

How much are they?

Can't give out Fight Club codes or I'd let you use mine but I can tell you the newsletter presale code is STOCKHOLM. Wish I was ritch enough to galivant. I've always wanted to visit Sweden and seeing UFC there would be amazing.

EDIT: This is weird - GAF and another website both have a banner ad that says "Aaron Riley - Get news, updates, and stats about your favorite fighter!" .. random

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I saw Warrior last night. I was impressed at how realistic the MMA was for the most part.

Top Bottom