• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Santos is going to have to specify the supplement and be able to prove that supplement has Stanazolol in it or else nobody is going to believe her. She later claimed, without saying the name of the supplement, that she took a diet pill/diuretic to cut weight which is what triggered the positive test. Once again, I don’t know of a diuretic that contains Winstrol V, but more importantly, diuretics, which she didn’t test positive for, are also banned substances for fighters. She claimed it was an oral pill that she thought was a diuretic, claiming she has a fear of needles. While there have been supplements shown to cause positive tests for certain banned substances, there is no documentation of any supplement or diet aid that would make you test positive for Stanazolol, and the fear of needles is a tough one to take seriously given her tattoos. But we’ve created an environment where athletes believe they are forced to lie, and in this situation, what else can she say?

Thanks for posting this, dream.

Dave is the best when it comes to these things. He knows all about these drugs from his years in bodybuilding, and for the many decades he's spent covering pro wrestling. You can't bullshit him about your flunked piss test.

The line "the fear of needles is a tough one to take seriously given her tattoos" made me LOL.

Yeah they need to do Cain vs Mir while trying to build Bigfoot up as a threat. Have Kongo, Schaub or Beltron be Bigfoots first UFC fight.

I will laugh so hard if Mir beats Cain which I think he will.

yacobod

Banned
the thing is, cyborg is probably one of the most obvious cases of somebody getting caught. it's like no shit she was on steroids.

now all we need is for GSP and Overeem to piss hot.

Heel

Dana White believes Brock Lesnar's retirement will stick after loss to "that much better" Alistair Overeem

"Here's what Brock said to me," White commented, "he said 'I'll tell you what, after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life.' He said 'I've had the best camp I've ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it's time for me to retire.'"

Can we move away from "Brock wasn't the same after surgery" to "Brock was exposed" please?

Heel

Assuming htat's true, that's very big of Brock to admit that.

Yeah, really. I don't think Dana is the kind of guy to put words in Brock's mouth just to put over Alistair. Sounds like Dana just exposed a private conversation with the now humbled Brock lowering his guard and spitting some truth.

MjFrancis

Brockness Monster showing a great deal of humility. He was matched with a fighter of a similar size who was more skilled, he lost and that's pretty much all there should be to that. Best of luck to the guy, no matter what he does he'll have a fanclub to support him.

Doesn't explain why he wasn't more aggressive with the takedown attempts. At least try to implement your best chance at winning.

Brock was exposed but that sounds like a business person explaining why they are quitting while still contractually committed to work, without burning a bridge.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Doesn't explain why he wasn't more aggressive with the takedown attempts. At least try to implement your best chance at winning.
He went for the Single i think and Reem defended.
The thing was Reem's stance and attitude: From the very first second Reem was hunting brock with a wide stance and low arms since only respected Brock's double leg.
And you know what i think that The Reem even had a crazy looking smile during the fight. :s

And of course once you get UberKneed youre on a world of pain.

Heel

Brock was exposed but that sounds like a business person explaining why they are quitting while still contractually committed to work, without burning a bridge.

Isn't the easier excuse "My illness is currently preventing me from performing at a high level in MMA. In the meantime, can I be the 30th man in the Royal Rumble, Uncle Dana?"

WrikaWrek

Banned
I love how it's as easy as just taking him down. Maybe he wasn't finding the right angle, and was afraid of showing up early for the date with dat kneeeee

Isn't the easier excuse "My illness is currently preventing me from performing at a high level in MMA. In the meantime, can I be the 30th man in the Royal Rumble, Uncle Dana?"
Hmm, that's true.

Anyway, ya, once he got hit, it was over.

So how do we think JDS will fare?

Heel

I love how it's as easy as just taking him down. Maybe he was finding the angle right, and was afraid of showing up early for the date with dat kneeeee

Yeah, reminds me of "Why didn't Cain just take down JDS?!"

It's not as simple as charging straight forward for a power double leg. That's like a date with death against someone like Overeem.

His stance was low and wide to help neutralize Brock's biggest weapon. He had a great game plan.

Ænima

cyborg is such a joke

/waiting for the cyborg bu bu bu everybody does it defense force
Well everyone does do it. Does anybody besides baseball nerds really care about the unfairness of steriods? Japan has the right idea, just let it be legal.

Its not like I give a shit about Cyborg though so in this case who cares.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He said 'I've had the best camp I've ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it's time for me to retire.'"

eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png
eVSpC.png

Reem left him no opening. Brock is a power double guy. It's his biggest advantage over other people. Reem had no respect for his hands so in turn Reem kept his arms low and his stance was wide. This is why Brock tried that half-assed single.

yacobod

Banned
Can we move away from "Brock wasn't the same after surgery" to "Brock was exposed" please?

can you request a mod to switch your username to Face? obviously Dana and Brock are saying all the right things after the fight. It's good for business to put Reem over and hype up the JDS/Reem match.

what do you want brock to say, "well they removed a foot of my intestines, i'm not the same guy i was 2 or 3 years ago?"

i can't believe people are really that naive. obviously brock took the fight, so you don't make excuses, but let's be serious.

Heel

can you request a mod to switch your username to Face? obviously Dana and Brock are saying all the right things after the fight. It's good for business to put Reem over and hype up the JDS/Reem match.

what do you want brock to say, "well they removed a foot of my intestines, i'm not the same guy i was 2 or 3 years ago?"

i can't believe people are really that naive. obviously brock took the fight, so you don't make excuses, but let's be serious.

Never!

Why are we pretending that Brock is the quintessential company man all of a sudden? He's putting over Overeem in a private conversation with Uncle Dana? C'mon son. Listen to his post-fight retirement speech. He points to his illness and his family. That's putting him over?

Overeem gave him the Guile treatment, brah. Plain and simple.

pzpLz.png

Im an Overeem fan and admit that Brock wasn't himself. Weather he was 100% physically or not, he had ZERO will to win. Watch his fights with Carwin and Cain. Despite getting an ass beating he showed hart and was aggressive, eventually getting up from that onslaught of flurries from Carwin and winning the fight.

Also Reems game plan was great. His stance was perfect for battling a wrestler.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Since when does Dana put people over? He buried both Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos on national television for fucks sake.

Heel

I don't like how we have to selectively decide when Dana is being honest and when he's being a promoter.

Never known Dana to lie about quoting his fighters.

Sounds like a moment of honesty, not some grand scheme they quietly cooked up together backstage to put a guy over on Jim Rome. The fight did that on its own.

yacobod

Banned
Since when does Dana put people over? He buried both Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos on national television for fucks sake.

Dana is a promoter at heart. Him on UFC on Fox after the fights was a debacle because he's an emotional guy and saw his latino golden goose get rocked in 60 seconds and his network debut go up in flames.

dana white is in the honesty business the same way vince mcmahon, bob arum, and don king are :)

Speaking of Arum, Pacquaio 'accepts Mayweathers challenge'. Still probably wont mean shit though since nobody can seem to agree to anything when it gets down to hammering out the business of making it happen.

@UFConXboxLIVE: For you fans that were unable to get a free ticket to UFC 141 on #XBOXLIVE, we have something for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.

UFC Rio tickets are available now on the xbox app go go go!

How to Access UFC RIO on Xbox LIVE
• Navigate to the UFC on Xbox LIVE app through the Apps Hub or Video Hub in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard. Select the UFC app tile and press A.
• From the app main page, select the UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes event tile. It is the large, upper-leftmost tile. Press A. Note: It is designated as “Not available for purchase,” but this will not apply to those previewing the event by invitation.
• Select HD or SD viewing option and press A.

Got my ticket :b

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm gonna tell you all, with a TEAR IN MY EYE, this is the greatest moment in my life. When you walk around in this world and you tell everybody you're number one the only way you get to stay number one is TO BE NUMBER ONE. AND THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD IN THE MMA WORLD THAT MAKES YOU NUMBER ONE. WHEN YOU ARE THE KING OF THE MMA THREAD YOU RULE THE WORLD!

IgbKe.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dana is a promoter at heart. Him on UFC on Fox after the fights was a debacle because he's an emotional guy and saw his latino golden goose get rocked in 60 seconds and his network debut go up in flames.

dana white is in the honesty business the same way vince mcmahon, bob arum, and don king are :)

Is Dana being a promoter when he says Mayhem has the worst stand up of all time or that Florian is a choker?

Brock put Alistair over by not having any real skills besides a power double and leaving himself open for a liver kick. That's about it.

EDIT - Welcome back, Natural. :)

TheNatural

My Member!
Is Dana being a promoter when he says Mayhem has the worst stand up of all time or that Florian is a choker?

Brock put Alistair over by not having any real skills besides a power double and leaving himself open for a liver kick. That's about it.

EDIT - Welcome back, Natural. :)

Thanks. :p

And yeah, Dana is a fan with a top position, he's not much for pumping guys up except when it comes to yelling with Rogan after the prelims.

Top Bottom