• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Dana White believes Brock Lesnar's retirement will stick after loss to "that much better" Alistair Overeem

Can we move away from "Brock wasn't the same after surgery" to "Brock was exposed" please?

Totally unrelated but I like Grant Gould's fighter artwork on MMA Torch.

LesnarBrock_180_11.jpg
JonesJones_180_12.jpg
DosSantosJunior_180_3.jpg
MirFrank_180_3.jpg

OvereemAlistair_180_9.jpg
HendersonDam_180_7.jpg
BispingMichael_180_5.jpg

I do not like Cory Gould's at all though:

FlorianKenny_CG_150_4.jpg
RashadEvans_150artCG_5.jpg
NogueiraAntonio_CG150_2.jpg
PennBJArtCRG_150_56.jpg
SilvaWanderlei_150_18.jpg
JacksonRampage_150_7.jpg
many more here.

Travis Beaven's (lol):

OrtizTito_TB150_3.jpg
WhiteDana_TB150_7.jpg
GSP_TB150_15.jpg
LesnarBrock_TB150_2.jpg

I can't even tell who the first two are on the Cory strip. I'm guessing Florian and ... I wanna say Houston Alexander but that seems odd so I'll say .. Rashad?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Another fun 90 mins of no gi.

Heel

I'm gonna tell you all, with a TEAR IN MY EYE, this is the greatest moment in my life. When you walk around in this world and you tell everybody you're number one the only way you get to stay number one is TO BE NUMBER ONE. AND THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD IN THE MMA WORLD THAT MAKES YOU NUMBER ONE. WHEN YOU ARE THE KING OF THE MMA THREAD YOU RULE THE WORLD!

IgbKe.png

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

Welcome back, brah. Apologies, but the original Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (and our faithful manager, J.J. Yamato) are set in stone. You and poly are hereby granted probationary Luger and Windham status. Wrassle-GAF lurkers beware...our stable cannot be stopped.

The rest of you, reach for the stars. One day you could be our Sid Vicious. One day.

Heel

@TheFightingPost - Very interesting article about @ufc fighter pay. And you thought @danawhite already hated @joshgrossespn http://ow.ly/8rtRF #MMA

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn Josh is a pessimistic scumbag who pitched the story. The beauty is we filmed the interview too.

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn we will air the entire interview as is no edits after ESPN airs theirs! Looking very forward to this :)

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn trust me I have been a part of ESPN hack jobs that's why I don't do those BS shows and why we filmed it

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost in an attempt by gross and ESPN to do a hack job on us we were ready this time!! We are gonna blast these hacks!!

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost idk I'm in Rio but my stuff is ready to roll!!! I'm excited to smash and discredit ESPN and the piece they did!! So pumped!

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost can't stand the lying 2 faced media fucks!! So glad we did this one right cause ESPN can NOT be trusted.

@MMACurmudgeon - Josh Gross has a petty grudge to settle with @danawhite. He also has terrible dandruff. Not sure which is worse.

@DanaWhite - @MMACurmudgeon not fun to look at either. He and ESPN are gonna get beat down with this story. U guys will see how media spins and LIES!

@JoshGrossESPN - Good morning. Quite a heavy response to the pay story. I'm going to hold off on comments until the TV piece airs Sunday morning.

Plus a million other remarks on ESPN. Check Dana's Twitter.

ibypZugSp7FfJL.gif

yacobod

Banned
dana-white.jpg

LOL

ESPN does suck tho, so it should be interesting to see the fallout.

That being said fighter pay is probably a little too low as well, but w/out the UFC most of these guys fighting would be dead or behind bars, so they should be thankful.

TheNatural

My Member!
@TheFightingPost - Very interesting article about @ufc fighter pay. And you thought @danawhite already hated @joshgrossespn http://ow.ly/8rtRF #MMA

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn Josh is a pessimistic scumbag who pitched the story. The beauty is we filmed the interview too.

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn we will air the entire interview as is no edits after ESPN airs theirs! Looking very forward to this :)

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn trust me I have been a part of ESPN hack jobs that's why I don't do those BS shows and why we filmed it

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost in an attempt by gross and ESPN to do a hack job on us we were ready this time!! We are gonna blast these hacks!!

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost idk I'm in Rio but my stuff is ready to roll!!! I'm excited to smash and discredit ESPN and the piece they did!! So pumped!

@DanaWhite - @TheFightingPost can't stand the lying 2 faced media fucks!! So glad we did this one right cause ESPN can NOT be trusted.

@MMACurmudgeon - Josh Gross has a petty grudge to settle with @danawhite. He also has terrible dandruff. Not sure which is worse.

@DanaWhite - @MMACurmudgeon not fun to look at either. He and ESPN are gonna get beat down with this story. U guys will see how media spins and LIES!

@JoshGrossESPN - Good morning. Quite a heavy response to the pay story. I'm going to hold off on comments until the TV piece airs Sunday morning.

Plus a million other remarks on ESPN. Check Dana's Twitter.

ibypZugSp7FfJL.gif

LOL it's going to be great. I'm going to side with Dana on this one, ESPN has become a revenue and agenda driven company that has gone far beyond being objective. You can look at how they treat and cover the sports they don't have contracts for as proof of that.

smurfx

get some go again
everybody always does the fist pose with fighters. my friend took a picture with randy couture and anderson silva and guess what? fist pose.

Heel

LOL it's going to be great. I'm going to side with Dana on this one, ESPN has become a revenue and agenda driven company that has gone far beyond being objective. You can look at how they treat and cover the sports they don't have contracts for as proof of that.

I think it's a valid story to run and all (depending on if it's presented fairly, we'll see), but I can just imagine Josh Gross wringing his hands together like a super villain putting this shit together. He's thrives on dirt like this. ESPN's coverage has gone pretty sour after the UFC signed with FOX, too.

yacobod

Banned
the Diaz bros love is hitting critical mass. Dana is going to love it when Nick is the interim and then future undisputed 170# champ.

LOL. People have been warming up to the Diaz brothers in the past year or so. Hell, im a fan now and want Nick to beat GSP. They have to be some of the greatest personalities in all of sports today.

pr0cs

LOL. People have been warming up to the Diaz brothers in the past year or so. Hell, im a fan now and want Nick to beat GSP. They have to be some of the greatest personalities in all of sports today.

QFT. MMA needs more characters like the Diaz brothers and Sonnen, can talk some great smack, nuttier than a fruitcake and can back it up when in the cage.
I've always liked GSP but in my ways Diaz would be a better 170 champion because it blows that whole weight class open.

yacobod

Banned
actually the 170# division has actually opened up while GSP has been ducking opponents and out of action due to mysterious injuries. GSPs best wins and former top contenders have all lost recently and in dramatic fashion.

Shields - KTFO by Ellenberger
Jon Fitch - KTFO by Hendricks
Alves - Lost DEC to Horror Story
Hardy - Lost 3 or 4 in a row
Penn - Retired by Diaz
Serra - Got super fat

Guys in the mix:
Story - Lost to Kampmann and Brennamen
Rumble Johnson went up to 185.
Dirty Sanchez - Been out with an injury
Kampmann
Hendricks
Ellenberger

Interim Title Contdenders
Diaz vs Conduit

actually the 170# division has actually opened up while GSP has been ducking opponents and out of action due to mysterious injuries. GSPs best wins and former top contenders have all lost recently and in dramatic fashion.

Shields - KTFO by Ellenberger
Jon Fitch - KTFO by Hendricks
Alves - Lost DEC to Horror Story
Hardy - Lost 3 or 4 in a row
Penn - Retired by Diaz
Serra - Got super fat

Guys in the mix:
Story - Lost to Kampmann and Brennamen
Rumble Johnson went up to 185.
Dirty Sanchez - Been out with an injury
Kampmann
Hendricks
Ellenberger

Interim Title Contdenders
Diaz vs Conduit

Am I the only one that feels the WW might even be more shallow than the MW division? It sure is a hell of a lot less "star studded" Rick Story? really? there is nothing special about him. He had a lucky UD win over Alves and he was hyped to the moon till an unknown in Brennerman beat him.

Top Bottom