• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
I'll rank the divisions in terms of perceived talent and contenders from top to bottom

155# - by a country mile.
170#
HW - could get pretty deep if everyone from Strikeforce jumps over into the UFC.
185#
205# - Hard to accurately place now that JBJ has ran through the entire division, and all the previous contenders are kind of old.
145#
135# - worst division by far in terms of solid contenders.

EDIT: i almost want to remove 205# from my list because I have no idea if the division got weak or the champ is that dominant, but outside of Mr. 1derful or Gustoffsan there aren't any new fighters on the horizon.

yacobod

Banned
why not, HW is pretty compelling at the moment in the UFC
JDS, Reem, Cain, Mir, Carwin, Top 10 HW Mark Hunt, perennial gate keeper Kongo, Zombie Nog, guys like the Baby faced Assassin, Daniel Cormier, Bigfoot Silva coming to the UFC. and if Fedor comes to the UFC, omg.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JDS, Reem, Cain, Mir, Carwin, Top 10 HW Mark Hunt, perennial gate keeper Kongo, Zombie Nog, guys like the Baby faced Assassin, Daniel Cormier, Bigfoot Silva coming to the UFC. and if Fedor comes to the UFC, omg.
You forgot the future UFC HW Champion Chad Griggs

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anything to discredit GSP, right Yaco?

xsg5m.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
griggs is awesome. kind of shows how much of a joke hw division is overall. keep gravediggin' your way to the top chad

Heel

Anderson Silva: Not sure when I'll be back

Earlier this week it was reported that Anderson Silva was back in the gym. "He's 100%," reported his Physiotherapist Angela Cortez. "I believe he'll be announcing his next fight soon enough."

However, in what is a now familiar pattern with Silva, things are not quite ready after all.

"I'm not even sure when I'll come back," said Silva on Globo TV's Good Morning Brazil. "Because I’m still with a shoulder injury, plus another injury arose recently in my lower back, so I’m getting treatment.”

ibjwyGRhZRXrXq.jpg

205 is just a very top heavy division with the most beloved fighters in it. Outside of Page, Hendo, Shogun, Griffin, Evans, Machida, Franklin, Nog, Tito and Bones, its pretty shallow these days. A few years ago it was probably too much of a stacked division. Davis and Gus are the only up and comers so far.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm so unmotivated to make picks for anything other than the co-mains. I may just pick randomly and see what happens.

I'm pretty unmotivated to watch most of it. Pats and Broncos at 8:00. If it's a game, I'm not going to watch until it's over. At least until the main events. Sorry, Paul Harris versus some guy that sounds like The Miz is not an enticing fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
205 is just a very top heavy division with the most beloved fighters in it. Outside of Page, Hendo, Shogun, Griffin, Evans, Machida, Franklin, Nog, Tito and Bones, its pretty shallow these days. A few years ago it was probably too much of a stacked division. Davis and Gus are the only up and comers so far.
Agreed. Still very entertaining when these guys are matched up though.

The HW division might actually be my favorite division or will be in the next few months. You can never predict what the hell will happen in a HW fight and its becoming stacked with some star power...too bad Cro Cop is not in his prime anymore :(

How do you not fire the guy on the spot when he's ELEVEN POUNDS OVER? If I were Belfort I'd demand his entire purse no matter what happens, since Vitor's obviously not going to pull out of a Brazil event.

No, sounds like he needs back surgery and will figure it out at some point. Probably should see how his recovery goes. Someone in his condition normally bounces back fast but I know he feels like shit right now.

Top Bottom