• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Muhammed "King Dro" Lawal tests positive

"I'm very surprised about this. I am very careful about what I put into my body," Lawal said Tuesday. "I've never tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug. I've gone through, and still welcome, Olympic-style testing."

"I will do whatever is necessary to get to the bottom of this."

"I'm not a cheater," Lawal said. "I might cheat at video games, but I never cheat at fighting."

ibagehVVl5veFz.jpg

Heel

Munoz 'destroyed' Anderson Silva in training - Sonnen

"I want to look in the mirror and know I'm the best in the world. If I can't beat Mark Munoz, then I'm not," Sonnen told UFC Tonight.

"Munoz and I aren't fighting because this is the match that made sense. We're fighting because Anderson doesn't want to fight me.

"Anderson trained with Munoz, he got destroyed by Munoz, he doesn't want to fight Mark. Ed Soares, Anderson's manager, worked diligently behind the scenes to make Mark and I fight each other.

"So I don't have a big problem fighting Mark. My resentment is that Anderson got his way."

Chael gonna stir that pot no matter what. I love it.

Szu

Not really much of an update, but Alistair Overeem was at the Qualcomm CES booth. I was able to snap a few pictures of him.

j4Wne.jpg

jMyAo.jpg

soy2A.jpg

cpx0C.jpg

RqYBC.jpg

Here's one I got with him. (repost from pic of yourself 2012 thread)
EzYvJ.jpg

Heel

UFC shelves show set for Montreal

MONTREAL -- The UFC has postponed its March show in Montreal.

UFC 145 was scheduled for March 24 at the Bell Centre. But the UFC scrapped it for now, citing scheduling complications and a desire to deliver a "championship card."

UFC director of Canadian operations Tom Wright says he expects Montreal to stage a show later this year.

Most of the fights announced for the March show will be shifted to a card set for April in Atlanta.

Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman
Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski

Looks like the UFC is really hurting for main eventers right now. Most of these fights are awesome, though. Glad it's not completely scrapped.

Slizz

ONM5s.png

Amazing. Two fighters who have a ton of haters wanting them both to get KTFO. It has to be done....... Simultaneous KO.

Gotta go Bisping. Imagine the Silva KO he can pull against him!

Heel

ONM5s.png

Amazing. Two fighters who have a ton of haters wanting them both to get KTFO. It has to be done....... Simultaneous KO.

Gotta go Bisping

Hahaha, this is perfect! The TUF season that never was.

Maia vs. Paul Harris please.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Szu was Reem just checking some gadgets or doing 'promo' work for some company?

Also: WAR CHAEL!

ONM5s.png

Holy fuck thats awesome. I am gonna be pissed though is Bisping somehow freakishly wins.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Woohoo, more training camp crowned champions. Rashad is the light heavyweight training champion and now Munoz owns the middleweight training championship. I propose a title vs. title fight at the Lion's Den with Guy Mezger as ref.

All of Chael's trolling makes a lot more sense knowing fighters get paid more for promoting their bout. Chael must be raking it in.

And the Chicago card just got even worse. Yay.

parasight

UFC shelves show set for Montreal

Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman
Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski

Looks like the UFC is really hurting for main eventers right now. Most of these fights are awesome, though. Glad it's not completely scrapped.

Smart move. I was worried the Main Event was going to be bad and I wanna go to Montreal again for a card. It also conflicted with crunch time at school. So this all works out for me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ONM5s.png

YUS!

This fight is 10,000x more interesting. Bisping is going to get *destroyed*.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ONM5s.png

FUUUUU

that's a wrestlefucking session if I've ever seen one.

Balehead

Chael is gonna throw Bisping around like he was a ragdoll.

Pretty much, it's going to look a lot like the Stann fight I think. Bisping might make it a bit more competitive. He's still got a chance to pull a surprise, but Sonnen's gonna grind that guy like no tomorrow most likely.

Holy shit the forums are going to light on fire if The Count robs Sonnen off his championship fight and becomes the #1 contender.

SILVAshunsSONNEN.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hahaha, this is perfect! The TUF season that never was.

Maia vs. Paul Harris please.
Why do you hate Maia so much?

Enjoy your walking while you can Demian. ;)

Fersis

Wait, are you implying that it will go to the ground? Two high level BJJ guys= fist fight.
Haha youre right.

Palhares >>>>> Maia (At least in the standup)

Dana White said:
3rd fight in the FOX Jan 28th is Maia vs Undefeated Chris Weidman!!!
Oh well...

TheNatural

My Member!
She looks better without the makeup. I hope they don't try to do the ultra makeup shit in Playboy where she doesn't even look like herself. Can't even get off to that.

Heel

Why do you hate Maia so much?

Enjoy your walking while you can Demian. ;)

Haha, just think it would be great to see arguably the two best BJJ players in the division go at it. I'd think their grappling would neutralize each other and Maia would win standing. Never know though.

Weidman fight is interesting. Not a big name yet, especially to the FOX crowd, but he's highly touted and legit. I like it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ONM5s.png

Still pulling for Chael I want that Silva rematch gawtdammit

dream

Zufs having to scrap a PPV because they couldn't put a main event together makes me happy.

I hope Dana learns a lesson from it.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
My instructor asked me if I would be interested in meeting Wallid Ismail. I said yes. But I'm scared.

Top Bottom