• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I am so fucking jealous right now.

I guess he's coming to Chicago to check out the new Carlson Gracie facility out here. Carlson Jr is supposed to show up too?

Meeting him would be cool.

I would love to be invited to train with him. But I'm just a white belt and I have so, so much more to learn.

I'm afraid he'll look at me all crazy and my knee will start to shake.

I've only rolled with one other Carlson Gracie black belt outside of my instructor, Aaron Lapointe.

I've watched Rey Diogo from like 3 feet away. But, I was too inexperienced to have gotten anything out of it.

iy3YqtdaINB4V.gif

She is quite something. I might start sending her poetry over twitter.

Yo what's your twitter name?

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/01/1...ue-to-lack-of-star-power-available-11877.html

UFC officials have officially cancelled their UFC 145 event set for Montreal this March. The shuffle leaves some fighters having to shift their schedules and wait for a new date for already booked bouts.

Che Mills vs. Rory MacDonald, Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub, Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman, Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin, Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs, Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero and Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski where all expected to make an appearance, however due to the lack of a main event these fighters will now seek a home elsewhere.

How are they going to have way more events this year if they're afraid to make Rothwell Schaub a main event?

yacobod

Banned
It was free and I was curious!

i'm gonna stop buying games on steam i swear!

but seriously i should, i don't play any of them and my backlog of games is retarded.

maybe i'll play diablo 3 if it comes out, otherwise i might be retiring from videogames.

ShaneB

I'm just wondering what game it is because I like the visual aesthetic.

Also, I agree... Wooooo for Sonnen vs Bisping. Smash him Sonnen!

Good

I really didn't want to cheer against Munoz, I really should never cheer against Munoz ever

WTF @ the Montreal thing, I wonder if there is more to the story

JimiNutz

Banned
Sonnen might be the only fighter I hate in the UFC more than Bisping...
There are no winners to be seen in that fight.... Well technically Sonnen will prob be a winner, but you know what I mean.

If Bisping wins it will be hilarious, I will be supporting him in this fight for that reason alone.

SteveWD40

I love how the closet anglophobes Bisping hatred is somehow giving Sonnen KO power he has never had.

They are both pillowfisted, Sonnen will sit in Mikes guard raining wasp shots for the UD more likley than not, Bisping has better defensive wrestling than most.

Edit:

Sonnen defender of Bisping

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see Curran win the title against Joe Warren. I'm assuming Patricio Freire is hurt since he should be first in line to fight Warren.

ShaneB

Damn sportsnet. I don't have Sportsnet One, I won't be watching the fights on your network this friday night! I support the CHL, but I'd rather watch MMA :(

EYEL1NER

From the interview Steve posted:
On Wanderlei Silva said:
But at the time when I started picking on him, it's because nobody else would. A guy puts a tattoo on the back of his skull, puts his beady eyes on you and rolls his wrists around, and all of a sudden the whole world thinks that's scary. That doesn't do anything for me. I'll slap you right on your face while you're rolling your wrists around. My point wasn't so much to attack Wanderlei, as it was to let the rest of the world know, "Who cares? Who cares about his tattoo and his beady eyes and his rolly little wrists?
This had me laughing.
Oh Chael......

I love how the closet anglophobes Bisping hatred is somehow giving Sonnen KO power he has never had.

They are both pillowfisted, Sonnen will sit in Mikes guard raining wasp shots for the UD more likley than not, Bisping has better defensive wrestling than most.
When has Bisping fought a strong wrestler like Sonnen?

MjFrancis

I don't know why I felt the need to echo MMA-Gaf, but I did. I still like you, industrian. I'll fight tooth and nail to lift your suspension. It was a bad call.

Heel

UFC on FX 1: dream's Worst Nightmare

Melvin Guillard vs. Jim Miller
Duane "Bang" Ludwig vs. Josh Neer
Mike Easton vs. Jared Papazian
Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft
Jorge Rivera vs. Eric Schafer
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Kamal Shalorus
Charlie Brenneman vs. Daniel Roberts
Fabricio Camoes vs. Tommy Hayden
Daniel Pineda vs. Pat Schilling
Nick Denis vs. Joseph Sandoval

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I completely forgot about doing picks for the FX card. I sense another 5/10 night with 3 incorrect boosts incoming. ):

That card would be right at home on Shotime.

Btw have any of you guys seen that mma meets teen mom reality show on MTV called "Caged"? A bunch of out of shape hillbillies who think they have a future in mma. It's pretty bad.

That card would be right at home on Shotime.

Btw have any of you guys seen that mma meets teen mom reality show on MTV called "Caged"? A bunch of out of shape hillbillies who think they have a future in mma. It's pretty bad.

Yeah its terrible. If it were a) real b) focused more on the fighter, it might be interesting. But as my friend pointed out its just 16 and Pregnant with an mma tilt. Plus everyone in there sounds like a terrible actor reading off a script.

SteveWD40

When has Bisping fought a strong wrestler like Sonnen?

Rashad Evans, who won a split decision that many think he didn't.

Sonnen will win no doubt, Bisping has had a weeks notice to change his fight camp from training to avoid the trip from the clinch to avoiding a nasty double leg. Sonnen's plan is the same either way.

He will get the fight to the ground and do what he always does, pillow fists to the face.

MjFrancis

War pillow fists!

I have no idea who to root for. Both of them are capital Heels with a pedigree in shittalk that hype fights up quite well. If Sonnen wins we get the Silva rematch and if Bisping wins half of MMA fandom will have their panties in a bunch that Sonnen blew it again.

I can't wait.

pr0cs

I'll agree that Sonnen doesn't have KO power but 'pillow fists' seems like a stretch. Marquardt looked like a mess after tangling with Sonnen for 3 rounds on the ground. What makes Sonnen (to me) exciting is that he's usually busy and making them pay for letting him sit in the guard.

I would be surprised to see Sonnen do to Bisping what he did to Stann.

Top Bottom