• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

smurfx

get some go again
seeing those old pride posters makes me remember the glory days of fedor.

6p6NZ.gif

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
"I don't know what happened. I just wake up in the morning and Ricardo Arona is in front of me."

"I want his back. I don't know why, but I want his back."

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So does anyone else think Uncle Dana is playing with fire by putting Nate Diaz on the next Fox card? I wonder what would happen if Cesar tells him to call that mother fucker Frankie Edgar out.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So does anyone else think Uncle Dana is playing with fire by putting Nate Diaz on the next Fox card? I wonder what would happen if Cesar tells him to call that mother fucker Frankie Edgar out.

Is he calling out Edgar because both will be coming off losses?

TheNatural

My Member!
seeing those old pride posters makes me remember the glory days of fedor.

6p6NZ.gif

Fading Russian MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko beat Satoshi Ishii by TKO in the first round at the Dream New Year 2011 event. According to reports coming out of Japan, Fedor did more than finish Ishii in that one fight, he may have ended his MMA career. Fight Opinion has the details:

Japanese weekly publication Cyzo reports that doctors have told Ishii that he suffered a cerebral edema from the NYE beating. As a result, he was warned that any further blows to the head would cause some serious damage. As Cyzo put it, Ishii is facing a retirement crisis. There had been some discussion that he would face Ricardo Arona in late March in Brazil but that fight didn't look to be in the cards. After this latest development, the MMA prospects for Ishii look to be bleak as well.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/3...i-fedor-emelianenko-cerebral-edema-retirement

Stay classy Fedor.

TheNatural

My Member!
And oh yeah, Dana's info was fake too:

UFC president Dana White was looking to offer an apology but nearly found himself in unpleasant situation.

"I get my gun before answering the door," Julie Breeler told Las Vegas' FOX 5. "I crack the door and say, 'Yes?' He says, 'Julie Breeler?' and I'm like, 'Yes.' He says, 'Hi, I'm Dana White.'"

White visited Breeler's home to offer a personal apology for hundreds of harassing phone calls she received after her information was mistakenly released by hackers who were trying to attack White.

White's alleged information was posted this past week by a Twitter user claiming to be a member of UGNazi.com, the same Internet group that recently attacked UFC.com. The online collective known as Anonymous this past Thursday also hacked into both UFC.com and UFC.tv, briefly defacing the websites. The hackers also claim to have mined customer data during the raid but have yet to prove their success.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27204/fol...ana-white-apologizes-to-harassment-victim.mma

I was just reading that article but I didn't understand it. Who is Julie Breeler? Does someone named Dana White live with her? The article never explained who she is or why Dana White was apologizing to her.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I was just reading that article but I didn't understand it. Who is Julie Breeler? Does someone named Dana White live with her? The article never explained who she is or why Dana White was apologizing to her.

Hackers released personal information that was labeled as Dana's. It was that lady's number in reality.

White visited Breeler's home to offer a personal apology for hundreds of harassing phone calls she received after her information was mistakenly released by hackers who were trying to attack White.
Everyone who was trying to call Dana was actually calling her number. Not clear if that was her address too, but if I were her, I wouldn't really want it going into detail either.

Do you guys think Dana said "I'm really fucking sorry, mother fucker."?
I doubt he called her motherfucker, but I can't imagine him saying anything other than, "I'm really fucking sorry these fucking internet cowards, excuse my language, but I'm just so fucking pissed about this whole thing."

Heel

Bruce Leeroy is evolving into a shitty point fighter. Would be nice to see a little substance behind that flash. Some of you were eating it up for some reason. I don't get it.

Bruce Leeroy is evolving into a shitty point fighter. Would be nice to see a little substance behind that flash. Some of you were eating it up for some reason. I don't get it.
His first fight to get onto TUF was good and so were his pre-TUF fights that I looked up, but iirc everything since then as sucked.

DKehoe

Everyone who was trying to call Dana was actually calling her number. Not clear if that was her address too, but if I were her, I wouldn't really want it going into detail either.

Dave Meltzer was saying on the Wrestling Observer board that one of the numbers that got posted was Dana's but from ten years ago. One of the addresses posted was also an old one for a house he and his family don't live at anymore.

dream

f you guys. You hated Bruce Leeroy when he was exciting and you hate him now that he's Rushing. I dub you all haters.

I wouldn't exactly consider 1 for 2 in the UFC rushing but you like who you like.

NOTE: His 1 win being against a guy who was also 0-2 at the time.

Heel

Can't wait for shitty Machida crossover fans to start ooo'ing and ahhh'ing in the OT as Bruce whiffs wheel kicks and dances in circles.

His gimmick and style will keep him around longer than he deserves.

Yeah I'm hating. I'll stop when he shows me something.

Can't wait for shitty Machida crossover fans to start ooo'ing and ahhh'ing in the OT as Bruce whiffs wheel kicks and dances in circles.

A 2 in 1 hate post, nice.

dream

Don't make me play the race card.

Come to think of it there is a disproportionate amount of Suga Rashad haters here too...

charsace

So Bones Jones wants to move to HW. I would love to see him move up and tool bigger guys. Because you know he wouldn't be saying this if he wasn't killing HW at the gym.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

iwTYKjJ9P60Y8.gif

Heel is turning heel.

Noway Jones will tool HW's. Just look at Struve for reference. Hes not going to be able to rag doll guys like Kongo, Barry, Nelson etc and the elite of the division will embarrass him.

yacobod

Banned
I'd give JBJ a chance to beat any HW currently in the UFC. I don't think he'd have any problems with mid tier guys like Kongo or Country.

and with his huge frame in a few years he might fill out his frame like another former LHW who is fighting at HW now.

Top Bottom