• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Dana on Rogan's podcast, here it is recorded:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20138382

Apparently going to talk about SOPA, Anonymous, etc.

Got nothing better to do, I'll listen and post anything noteworthy and hilarious.

EDIT: 2 minutes in the guy is acting like a jackass trying to sell fleshlights. I don't know if I can make this.

Just started listening. Joey Karate + Uncle Dana would be the best conversation ever recorded. Fingers crossed!

TheNatural

My Member!
Just started listening. Joey Karate + Uncle Dana would be the best conversation ever recorded. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I didn't hear it, the last guy was right that he wasn't wrong, I skipped through it. All I heard about SOPA and Anon was Rogan saying it was douchey for Anonymous to hack Dana's stuff but then a lot of "well they do the right thing most of the time" and a lot of "rah rah right the power" stuff.

Heel

Don't really mind listening to Rogan when he keeps it MMA and BJJ related. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy.

He's spitting some truth about Renan Barao right now. Looking forward to that one.

TheNatural

My Member!
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/fa...ou-supporting-terrorism-1988147/#post65022443

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

Heel

FTC closes monopoly investigation of UFC

Re: Acquisition of Explosion Entertainment, LLC (Strikeforce) by Zuffa, LLC (UFC) FTC File No. 111 0136

Dear Mr. Axinn [Zuffa's anti-trust lawyer]:

The Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition has been conducting a nonpublic investigation to determine whether Zuffa, LLC’s acquisition of Explosion Entertainment, LLC may violate Section 7 of the Clayton Act or Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act.
Upon further review of this matter, it now appears that no further action is warranted by the Commission at this time. Accordingly, the investigation has been closed. This action is not to be construed as a determination that a violation may not have occurred, just as the pendency of an investigation should not be construed as a determination that a violation has occurred. The Commission reserves the right to take such further action as the public interest may require.

By direction of the Commission.

Donald S. Clark Secretary

dream

I really don't want to see outright squash matches in the UFC. This is what Bad MMA is for. Let the division ladder work as intended, only deviating a few rungs when an exciting match up presents itself.

Joe Silva is the best at what he does.

I see your point, as I often do, my good friend. But I feel like the business here is live gate revenue and PPV. As true UFC connoisseurs, we all lament the atrocious job this company does at creating stars. With Fox, they have the perfect vehicle for creating stars people want to see by booking squash matches, pairing great finishes with great profile pieces that showcase the ultimate fighters' personalities. You take a Showtime Pettis and put him in with a Bocek or some other guy who will probably get KO'd and now people will remember the name Showtime Pettis and will pay to watch him fight on PPV.

ShaneB

I'm surprised no one is wondering why ppv's are still around anyway.
If the sport is as big as Dana says it will be, the ppv model has to go. Imagine if for any other sport you had each game be ppv. If every saturday night is going to be a UFC event, what merits a ppv?

Does it follow the wrasslin' model? mid tier cards every weekend with top tier events being ppv? I still think it's fairly ridiculous, because then you've got things unbalanced due to people thinking the non ppv events are still just lame lower tier fighters.

The goal is to obviously have every fight card feel important, the same way that in every sport every regular season game means something. It's why I love the Bellator tourney setups, seeing clear progression in terms of what means what.

Maybe it's late and im sleeping and I'm rambling on.

dream

I think Zuffa operates on the assumption that people get a group of friends together and split the cost of a PPV. I see your point though -- when they give away JDS vs Sugar Cain Velasquez, what are they saying about the value of their fights?

kirblar

I think Zuffa operates on the assumption that people get a group of friends together and split the cost of a PPV. I see your point though -- when they give away JDS vs Sugar Cain Velasquez, what are they saying about the value of their fights?
That's indeed the case- if you're single, you're better off just going to a bar.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I watched this at lunch then spent the remainder of work listening to more Joey Diaz shit. I haven't laughed this much in a long time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
qy7hL.png

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

AiTM

Banned
I watched this at lunch then spent the remainder of work listening to more Joey Diaz shit. I haven't laughed this much in a long time.

If any of you dont know who Joey Diaz is, you are in for a treat. Go back and listen to any Rogan podcast with him on it, its great.

He also does 10th planetJJ videos with eddie bravo on youtube.

And there is no way in hell Rogan has him on with Dana.

Heel

If any of you dont know who Joey Diaz is, you are in for a treat. Go back and listen to any Rogan podcast with him on it, its great.

He also does 10th planetJJ videos with eddie bravo on youtube.

And there is no way in hell Rogan has him on with Dana.

Joey Diaz is genuinely hilarious. This makes me laugh way more than it should.

Wish he'd get back to doing 10th Planet Kush episodes.

"Stay black."

AiTM

Banned
Joey Diaz is genuinely hilarious. This makes me laugh way more than it should.

Wish he'd get back to doing 10th Planet Kush episodes.

"Stay black."

Lol I remember that, the end is the best part.

"Next week we're gonna cover stretching, and flying through the fucking air"

Biff

http://video.ufc.tv/photo_galleries/web/web-138087085JH026_UFC_143_Diaz.jpg

Lyoto meets a new challenger[/QUOTE]

Is it true that Nicky D doesn't have a real MMA nickname?

This should be changed. I'll start the bidding off at Nick "Rush" Diaz. Willing to settle for Nick "xX_420thuggg5n1p3r_Xx" Diaz.

http://i.imgur.com/qy7hL.png[/IMG
░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█