• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol @ "news"

its on! ... its off :(

wait, back on! no, off! <secretly on>

SteveWD40

iusND.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL this just keep getting better. Crybaby failing the drug test and losing his rematch. What a fucking punk ass loser. How can anyone support this clown any more?

yacobod

Banned
I'm just throwing this question out there (not to defend Nick or anything):

Does anyone honestly care if a fighter, basketball player, or anyone else for that matter smokes weed? It's not a performance enhancing drug, so I'm not really sure what the outrage is on that topic. Especially in a sport where probably 3 out of 4 guys are on steroids or growth hormone. We're gonna worry about weed? US should legalize it in my opinion but that's another topic all together.

Supposedly Caser is saying Diaz isn't fighting Condit or GSP this year...

So pissed hot?

Edit: Yaco I don't really give a shit. I'm for legalization of weed.

TheNatural

My Member!

Does anyone honestly care if a fighter, basketball player, or anyone else for that matter smokes weed? It's not a performance enhancing drug, so I'm not really sure what the outrage is on that topic. Especially in a sport where probably 3 out of 4 guys are on steroids or growth hormone. We're gonna worry about weed? US should legalize it in my opinion but that's another topic all together.

How do you even know if it is weed or not?

Boogie

I don't "care".

But in light of the fact that he got caught once before and knows that he's going to be tested for it, just makes it all the more hilarious if he gets busted again.

(and it can't be "posturing" by the Diaz camp. Didn't Cesar tweet outright that Nick is willing to fight anyone anytime, no holding out for more money required? ;p)

TheNatural

My Member!
MMASupremacy MMA Supremacy
by FrontRowBrian
I would keep a close eye on NSAC... just saying #MMA #UFC

LOL. Maybe he was on estrogen supplements, he sure acted like a pussy after the fight.

yacobod

Banned
How do you even know if it is weed or not?

Well I suppose it could be for steroids, but in all likely hood if Nick pisses hot for anything it's going to be weed. He's already done it before.

And most likely Cesar Gracie is just trolling everyone on the internet atm.

EYEL1NER

I don't care if they smoke. Fuck, I wish I could.
But if they fail their test, fuck 'em. Go ahead and smoke, but be smart about it and don't get caught.

AiTM

Banned
Im sure Diaz smokes legally in CA. You know he has a prescription for medical marijuana for anxiety.

Also, yea, I dont even smoke, but there is absolutely not one good reason for it being illegal.

TheNatural

My Member!
Im sure Diaz smokes legally in CA. You know he has a prescription for medical marijuana for anxiety.

Also, yea, I dont even smoke, but there is absolutely not one good reason for it being illegal.

It should be illegal because it could create more people like Nick Diaz.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ether.

KJ Noons
"Fighters get instant rematches if you cry like a baby. Can I get rematch too w diaz if i cry like a bitch?" @danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc

Heel

Why not have Nick vs. Diego II and Condit vs. Ellenberger II after Diego loses to Ellenberger? These are both better fights than Nick vs. Condit II.

Diego went on record saying he thought his own teammate did not produce an exciting fight. Sounds like the story has already built itself.

If Nick can beat Diego we can pretend he earned a title shot. Deal?

Fighters that put on exciting fights? Yea fuck that, ban weed.
There is nothing exciting about a guy throwing a shit load of punches with no power behind them. He is a boring flat footed fighter that made a name beating chumps and over the hill fighters. His first real computation in years and loses because he couldn't adapt.

You know why he couldn't adapt? Because he doesn't have the skill to do so. He walks towards people and can't cut them off. He has no wrestling skill. Throws little punches with no power behind them. His footwork is horrible.

I don't, but then again I don't care if athletes juice either.

Luixfern

There is nothing exciting about a guy throwing a shit load of punches with no power behind them. He is a boring flat footed fighter that made a name beating chumps and over the hill fighters. His first real computation in years and loses because he couldn't adapt.

You know why he couldn't adapt? Because he doesn't have the skill to do so. He walks towards people and can't cut them off. He has no wrestling skill. Throws little punches with no power behind them. His footwork is horrible.

Putting your personal grudge against Nick aside... you can honestly tell me you didn't find Diaz vs Penn or Diaz vs Daley exciting?

yacobod

Banned
He is a boring flat footed fighter.

Nothing boring about Diaz vs Daley or Diaz vs Penn. Maybe you don't have Showtime because the Diaz vs Daley scrap was the best round of 2011.

You can dislike a fighter, but to call him boring is laughable.

But then again your favorite fighter is a guy apologizes to the audience after he's done decision-ing his current toughest opponent of his career.

AiTM

Banned

I love to troll the FUCKING DIAZ BROTHAS more than anyone, but you go to far my friend. People like Nick because he wants a fight. His footwork and headwork are nonexistent , but he has very accurate striking, great cardio, iron chin, and a great ground game. You cant take it away from the man.

He is a child though. Has all of the opportunity in the world right now to make millions and create a legacy if he would just get his attitude right.

Nothing boring about Diaz vs Daley or Diaz vs Penn. Maybe you don't have Showtime because the Diaz vs Daley scrap was the best round of 2011.

But then again your favorite fighter is a guy apologizes to the audience after he's done decision-ing his current toughest opponent of his career.

If Diaz had the mindset and attitude of GSP he would be alot further in life.

Luixfern

/Brofist

That's what I'm saying, The blind Diaz hate here is too fucking silly if you ask me.

SteveWD40

Truth, Diaz Daley was the best thing I have seen in sport in a long time. Daley died from the pace but while he was concious it was awesome, Nick is the most durable thing on earth other than Hendo.

TheNatural

My Member!
/Brofist

That's what I'm saying, The blind Diaz hate here is too fucking silly if you ask me.

It's not blind hate, it's with good reason. Just because his style makes for brawls doesn't mean anything when it comes to him being a piece of shit douchebag. Great, he does the same thing in fights that say, Leonard Garcia does.

Does his fighting style excuse him shit talking and then crying like a bitch saying he's going to retire when he loses? Fuck no.

Heel

I dunno how you could deny that Nick is captivating inside and outside of the ring. Hell, I'd rather watch him fight than Conduit.

Wait up. My favorite fighter ended the career of a chump WWE wrassler and is the reason you have that avatar.

And yeah the daley fight was fun but Penn, Noons, and all the shit I have seen from him is boring.

SteveWD40

Daley gets a lot of credit from me for making that round so good though, he didn't even try and stick to his gameplan, he just said "fuck it" and went all Clubber Lang knocking Nick out pretty much but Nick is a freak who won't stay out.

Was great to see who would drop first.

Luixfern

It's not blind hate, it's with good reason. Just because his style makes for brawls doesn't mean anything when it comes to him being a piece of shit douchebag. Great, he does the same thing in fights that say, Leonard Garcia does.

Does his fighting style excuse him shit talking and then crying like a bitch saying he's going to retire when he loses? Fuck no.

So hate on him and talk shit about his persona, but don't take away from him and his fights. If they are exiting they are what they are. Not every battle has to be a technical TKD match. Some people enjoy two dudes just banging it out.

The UFC is entertainment as much as it is a sport. Nick Diaz has entertaining fights, period.

yacobod

Banned
The only reason I have this avatar is because I'm an honorable guy.

Not because you are exclusively the fan of fighters that resemble greased up body builders that moonlight in men's health magazines.

Daley gets a lot of credit from me for making that round so good though, he didn't even try and stick to his gameplan, he just said "fuck it" and went all Clubber Lang knocking Nick out pretty much but Nick is a freak who won't stay out.

Was great to see who would drop first.

Paul Daley gets hated on because he can't defend the takedown for shit, but he's probably the most dangerous striker at 170#. He was 2-1 in the UFC, and his only loss was a lame LNP fest by Kos in a title eliminator.

TheNatural

My Member!
So hate on him and talk shit about his persona, but don't take away from him and his fights. If they are exiting they are what they are. Not every battle has to be a technical TKD match. Some people enjoy two dudes just banging it out.

The UFC is entertainment as much as it is a sport. Nick Diaz has entertaining fights, period.

And whats your point? I never said the way he fights is boring, he doesn't Fitch anyone or anything. I don't have to like the person or root for the guy because of it though. And it's not like Condit hasn't had his own exciting brand of fights either. There's plenty of fighters that don't act like complete douchebag retards that fight exciting too you know?

WrikaWrek

Banned

Let them smoke all they want I say.

Luixfern

And whats your point? I never said the way he fights is boring, he doesn't Fitch anyone or anything. I don't have to like the person or root for the guy because of it though. And it's not like Condit hasn't had his own exciting brand of fights either. There's plenty of fighters that don't act like complete douchebag retards that fight exciting too you know?

As long as your beef is that you think hes a douchebag, I'm fine with that. I thought you were like Yamato and completely discounting him as a fighter.

I would like to point out I've been saying Diaz is overrated for awhile now. He isn't as well rounded as everyone believes. Most of the top 170 guys can beat him easily.

Top Bottom