• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Assuming it's Nick, can you imagine the fallout from this failed test if he had actually won the fight? Uncle Dana would've lost his shit for sure. No one fucks with his GSP money. He would've lost Nick and Condit as contenders.

This would be his second failed test in Nevada, which I assume will carry longer than a 6 month suspension this time around.

If this about Diaz smoking weed it'll just be another highlight to the ridiculousness of sports drug testing, half the guys out there are on PED's, and Nick gets fucked over because he smokes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If this about Diaz smoking weed it'll just be another highlight to the ridiculousness of sports drug testing, half the guys out there are on PED's, and Nick gets fucked over because he smokes.

Maybe Nick should stop smoking weed when he has a drug test coming up?

yacobod

Banned
what's more surprising is that given how fit Nick is, how much he trains, that he still pisses hot for weed.

unless he smokes a lot of weed, casual smoking leaves your system pretty quickly if you lead an active lifestyle, which he obviously does.

AiTM

Banned
what's more surprising is that given how fit Nick is, how much he trains, that he still pisses hot for weed.

unless he smokes a lot of weed, casual smoking leaves your system pretty quickly if you lead an active lifestyle, which he obviously does.

bet he had to smoke to get through those press conferences and weigh ins.

yacobod

Banned
I love how guys get passes to be on TRT..

TRT is the dumbest because obviously a guy in his 30s and 40s isn't going to have the same T levels as a 20 year old. Not sure how that's legit in athletics.

I say drop the charade and let everyone juice or w/e.

TheNatural

My Member!
TRT is the dumbest because obviously a guy in his 30s and 40s isn't going to have the same T levels as a 20 year old. Not sure how that's legit in athletics.

I say drop the charade and let everyone juice or w/e.

TRT is basically rehab for former roiders. They roided so much that it fucks up their levels permanently and have to stay on it, so they get a pass to use it. No normal person needs that shit, Chael needs it because he was on the juice.

TheNatural

My Member!
FYI - here's our chance to be heard:

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/cont...ssion-asking-for-fans-to-suggest-rule-changes

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will be holding an open meeting this month where mixed martial arts fans can suggest alterations they would like to see to the unified rules.

Fans can also submit their suggestions by email to NSAC director Keith Kizer by email via kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

NSAC’s press release declares the body to be interested in “comments from interested persons on any matter related to contests or exhibitions of unarmed combat, or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the NSAC.”

There are no guarantees that the commission will act on any suggestions received, but it has consistently shown itself to be open to change and development in the past so there is no reason to think the process will be unproductive.

10 point must, must go.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
They should just copy the Pride rules and call it a day. Yes 10 min first rounds.
Even forgoing the soccer kicks to the head and stomps...
just give us the knees..
Jesus wrestler fuckers everywhere will quiver in fear.
Just look what a wrestler based MMA fighter could do with the knees...glorious
j7rl6s.jpgysyl3.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Agreed on the the 10 point must system. Get that crap out of MMA.

Also, I hope the fans attending this have better suggestions than fan questions at a UFC presser.

I think they should use a better scoring system to separate the close rounds and wide rounds. I mean, even if you kick someones ass most of the time? 10-9. Take down a guy and lay on him? 10-9. Boring round no one does nothing in and you have to flip a coin to tell who won? 10-9.

There needs to be a better system. This is a boxing system where its easy to score a knockdown as a point, and then decide the rest of the round, because if you get your ass kicked you're falling down. Simple system. It doesn't work for MMA.

Also, I hope the fans attending this have better suggestions than fan questions at a UFC presser.
If Optimus Prime and Megatron (1986 movie versions) fought under mma rules, who would win? If Cecil Peoples was a Care Bear, what emblem would he have on his tummy?

ShaneB

I think they should use a better scoring system to separate the close rounds and wide rounds. I mean, even if you kick someones ass most of the time? 10-9. Take down a guy and lay on him? 10-9. Boring round no one does nothing in and you have to flip a coin to tell who won? 10-9.

There needs to be a better system. This is a boxing system where its easy to score a knockdown as a point, and then decide the rest of the round, because if you get your ass kicked you're falling down. Simple system. It doesn't work for MMA.

All excellent points, there's no scale on what means more in terms of a points game. If someone gets rocked a couple times a round with a left hook, and the other person takes the other fighter down a couple times, what is more important? Is it a draw? Hell, have a draw round then, the idea of someone having to win a round is a flaw in itself.

It needs a complete overhaul and certainly should do something to distance itself from a boxing ruleset. All this agression, octagon control, etc etc nonsense is complete rubbish and so damn vague.

If Optimus Prime and Megatron (1986 movie versions) fought under mma rules, who would win? If Cecil Peoples was a Care Bear, what emblem would he have on his tummy?

Just had a coworker look at me crazy because I busted out laughing at this. Perfect!

AiTM

Banned
YOU IN HERE...FOR MARIJUANA? MARIJUANA?

796586347-Half_Baked_huh.jpg

This shit is retarded. Its a fucking plant that grows in the ground, my god I hate Govt sometimes. Take a year out of a guys prime, but he can go and smoke tobacco that kills 400k a year or drink himself to death.

AiTM

Banned
Anyone else wonder if getting caught was Diaz's plan all along? He thought he would beat Condit, and get caught and suspended for 6 months, thereby allowing not to have to fight anyone until GSP returns.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone else wonder if getting caught was Diaz's plan all along? He thought he would beat Condit, and get caught and suspended for 6 months, thereby allowing not to have to fight anyone until GSP returns.

Except it's a second offense so he's looking at a year.

Heel

"I'm more consistent about everything being a cannabis user," Diaz said in a 2009 interview with The LA Times. "I'm happy to get loaded, hear some good music . . . I remain consistent ... I can pass a drug test in eight days with herbal cleansers. I drink 10 pounds of water and sweat out 10 pounds of water every day. I'll be fine."

ibnwSYLbvYSvSa.gif

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

They probably would've stripped him of the interim title too.

DKehoe

I actually wondered whether it was some subconcious self destruct thing to get away from all the attention that he hates. His ridiculous way of dealing with the pressure.

Heel

Anyone else wonder if getting caught was Diaz's plan all along? He thought he would beat Condit, and get caught and suspended for 12 months, thereby allowing not to have to fight GSP.

Fixed for a proper tin foil hat theory, brah.

TheNatural

My Member!
Trailer trash potheads dont plan that far ahead

This is probably my second favorite ownage moment for a fanbase in MMA history so far. First is Fedor's hilarious crash and burn in Strikeforce. This is a solid second place. Feels good man. The ClassyMMA® era will not be deterred.

This is probably my second favorite ownage moment for a fanbase in MMA history so far. First is Fedor's hilarious crash and burn in Strikeforce. This is a solid second place. Feels good man. The ClassyMMA® era will not be deterred.

Wait until Condit shows up for the GSP presser wearing a tux, a monocle and a top hat.

Second the subconcious self destruction motive. Dumbass knew he had a test. He needs some therapy. I agree that marijuana should be legal, but partaking when you know you are going to be tested is still stupid ans irresponsible

Heel

It was leaked that the UFC had no interest in Condit fighting anyone but Nick until GSP returns. Why?

I think this all goes back to the "UFC is a system to churn out contenders" debate. If you let all these guys beat each other waiting for GSP to heal, no one will be left when he comes back.

They want to have GSP fight Condit then Ellenberger, not have Condit fight Ellenberger and have a PPV disappear.

Frustrating yet necessary evil on the UFC's part.

TheNatural

My Member!
Classy and mma is an oxymoron.

That's why it's a new era fool. Embrace it. GSP and Condit in suits at the presser with a firm handshake and a statedown. Now Jim Miller just needs to school Nate and finish the family off and get this thing really rolling.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It was leaked that the UFC had no interest in Condit fighting anyone but Nick until GSP returns. Why?

I think this all goes back to the "UFC is a system to churn out contenders" debate. If you let all these guys beat each other waiting for GSP to heal, no one will be left when he comes back.

They want to have GSP fight Condit then Ellenberger, not have Condit fight Ellenberger and have a PPV disappear.

Frustrating yet necessary evil on the UFC's part.

Why though? There are other contenders and new contenders emerge all the time. Hell right now I'd put Hendricks ahead of Ellenberger.

Zeliard

Isn't a year a bit harsh for Marijuana use?

It's potentially a year because it's a second offense, but yeah it's pretty idiotic to lump marijuana in with genuinely performance-enhancing drugs and harder stuff. Society's still got a lot of hang-ups when it comes to weed. Obviously still a dumb move on Nick's part. Ricky Williams can empathize.

TheNatural

My Member!
I sure do wish my good frenemy Natural would stop lumping Fedor in with Nick Diaz.

Fedor is another subject, he's not an enemy of ClassyMMA®, just bitter tear worthy excitement.

ClassyMMA®'s #1 target now is Nate Diaz. Jim Miller is a class act and will get it done. Cleaning up the sport one Diaz at a time. I don't have a ClassyMMA® top 10 hitlist yet, but I will compile one in good time.

Top Bottom