• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It was leaked that the UFC had no interest in Condit fighting anyone but Nick until GSP returns. Why?

I think this all goes back to the "UFC is a system to churn out contenders" debate. If you let all these guys beat each other waiting for GSP to heal, no one will be left when he comes back.

They want to have GSP fight Condit then Ellenberger, not have Condit fight Ellenberger and have a PPV disappear.

Frustrating yet necessary evil on the UFC's part.

They probably learned a lesson from watching all the would be contenders at 155 wipe each out within a 6 month span.

Heel

Why though? There are other contenders and new contenders emerge all the time. Hell right now I'd put Hendricks ahead of Ellenberger.
Okay, replace the name Ellenberger with Hendricks. Who do you have left after? Ellenberger, Koscheck III, a green MacDonald?

This is exactly why you have GSP fighting twice a year. ITS THE SYSTEM, MAAAAN.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fedor is another subject, he's not an enemy of ClassyMMA®, just bitter tear worthy excitement.

ClassyMMA®'s #1 target now is Nate Diaz. Jim Miller is a class act and will get it done. Cleaning up the sport one Diaz at a time. I don't have a ClassyMMA® top 10 hitlist yet, but I will compile one in good time.
You just became William Regal.

Fight to the death, or until Joe Silva gives a thumb up or down

And make them all dress in UFC Gladiator gear

And every fighter has to come out and END THIS SUFFERING

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah this is terrible. People are just gaming the system now to try to trick the other fighter into getting a penalty.

It's never really worked out like that though. Hell every time I've seen someone try to really game the system and trick someone (like Buentello in the Kongo fight), they themselves get warned.

Unless this is just another stupid OMG WHY DOES JON JONES COME OUT LIKE THAT IT'S SO CHEAP issues, in which case meh....

It's never really worked out like that though. Hell every time I've seen someone try to really game the system and trick someone (like Buentello in the Kongo fight), they themselves get warned.

Unless this is just another stupid OMG WHY DOES JON JONES COME OUT LIKE THAT IT'S SO CHEAP issues, in which case meh....

No I'm talking about people who are in a head lock and they just reach down and touch the ground with a finger. There's been a blatant case of it recently .. I think it was Nik Lentz that did it in his fight against Dunham. I don't mind the Jones thing because that's clearly not a tactic to trick the other person. I've just assumed its some kind of weird ritual to kick off the fight .. kinda like how Wandy does that dumb thing with his hands.

Boogie

One of the happiest moments of my year so far reading about that positive test. The Condit Era will not be stopped.

gsp-hottub_large.jpg

lol, wut?

bone_and_sinew

Lost in the "lol Nick Diaz" moment, what now? Is Condit seriously not going to fight again until GSP is back? Are we going to have 2 champions in the same division inactive for up to 9 months?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
oh diaz...
gonna have to see if rogan has anything to say about this shit or is he gonna just corporate up this week.

wasn't it pride 33 in vegas where he failed the dope test last time? deja vue..

They should get rid of that fucking "touching the ground with your hand means you're grounded" bullfuckshit rule.

It should be four points of contact not three. That way if some tries that bullshit with both hands down they leave themselves open for a takedown.

Soccer kicks

Please I want some soccer kicks.

agrajag

Banned
It should be four points of contact not three. That way if some tries that bullshit with both hands down they leave themselves open for a takedown.

Soccer kicks

What's their justification for not allowing soccer kicks to the body? Also, fuck the "no upkicking a grounded opponent" rule. If the guy is on top of you, he still has an advantage over you. You should be able to upkick whenever.

What's their justification for not allowing soccer kicks to the body? Also, fuck the "no upkicking a grounded opponent" rule. If the guy is on top of you, he still has an advantage over you. You should be able to upkick whenever.

I don't think it is against the rules to soccer kick the body?
http://www.abcboxing.com/unified_mma_rules.html

16. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.

A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. (i.e. could have one shin or one finger down to be considered a downed fighter) If the referee determines that a fighter would be a grounded fighter but is not solely because the ring ropes or cage fence has held fighter from the ground, the referee can instruct the combatants that he is treating the fighter held up solely by the cage or ropes as a grounded fighter

17. Kneeing the Head of a grounded opponent

A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground. If the referee determines that a fighter would be a grounded fighter but is not solely because the ring ropes or cage fence has held fighter from the ground, the referee can instruct the combatants that he is treating the fighter held up solely by the cage or ropes as a grounded fighter.

18. Stomping of a grounded fighter

Stomping is considered any type of striking action with the feet where the fighter lifts their leg up bending their leg at the knee and initiating a striking action with the bottom of their foot or heel . (Note) Axe kicks are not stomps. Standing foot stops are NOT a foul. As such, this foul does not include stomping the feet of a standing fighter.

dream

Soccer kicks

Why would you want soccer kicks?

What kind of savage are you?

It isn't. Just like knees to the body of a ground opponent. People just don't do it.

Boogie

Folks, it gets even better.

Some journalist asked Keith Kizer about medical marijuana factors in to the testing.

Kizer responded with this:

"Athletes can request a therapeutic use exemption but no one asked for one for UFC 143."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Heel

Another classic male soap opera moment: Cruz just ethered Faber.

@UrijahFaber - & u never thanked me 4 saving your life. @TheDomin8r when I let go of the choke after you tapped. Gave you breath again. Ur welcome! #alive

@TheDomin8r - @urijahfaber thanks for letting go 5 years ago, choking sounds similar to what u have done on ur last 4 Title Fights! #pastyourprime

iz6JdhzEIGVkd.gif

Heel

Nevada State Athletic Commission asking for fans to suggest rule-changes

Fans can also submit their suggestions by email to NSAC director Keith Kizer by email via kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

NSAC’s press release declares the body to be interested in “comments from interested persons on any matter related to contests or exhibitions of unarmed combat, or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the NSAC.”

Send in your email and be heard...maybe. Probably a good idea to note you're emailing about MMA and not boxing, etc.

I would really like some better judges in the event that it comes to such things. We might as well flip a coin half the time, and the other half just pick the guy who is more popular.

bone_and_sinew

How did no one point out earlier today that Hendo wants to fight in April or May and he's even willing to do so at heavyweight?

Hendo said:
That was never what I said or anything. I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me. My thoughts were I was waiting to see what happened with Rashad and Phil Davis. That was the only thing I was going to wait for."

article said:
Henderson turned down a title eliminator with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira that would have been the headlining bout for the now-scrapped Montreal card. He did that because he was waiting to see what would happen with Evans-Davis. Now with Evans having won and Nogueira booked to fight Alexander Gustafsson in Sweden on April 14, Henderson is left without a dance partner.

I say give him Thiago Silva.

Also, Aldo split from Ed Spares

Top Bottom