• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
Who honestly wants to see this fight? I guess they're letting Tito go out on his own terms. I'd rather see Tito vs. Franklin, though.

Probably letting Forrest go out on his own terms as well. Both guys are heading to the retirement line, and I think Tito has more of a will to fight than Forrest does at this point.

Forrest hasn't been the same since he got clowned by Anderson. I've never seen a fighter look so despondent in a main card fight during his match with Shogun in Brazil. If I had to think of historical analogues, I'm sure the Christians being fed to the lions in the Colosseum had a similar look on their faces.

I guess Tito vs Forrest III makes most sense for both at this point and a fitting get to this trilogy, but where is Franklin? hes been gone for a long time already.

ShaneB

I didn't even want to see Tito Griffin 2. But whatever. I like Forrest but he belongs on a mic at this point.

Bah, this is what I was going to say! lol. Forrest is done as a fighter, but he's a great personality and should be involved in any sort of commentary.

well it probably will be a co-main, or main event for a FX or FOX card. both guys are better draws than 95% of the promotion.

Yup, so true and the most likely scenario.

Bah, this is what I was going to say! lol. Forrest is done as a fighter, but he's a great personality and should be involved in any sort of commentary.
A spokesperson for the UFC or a job similar to what Chuck got.

dream

The problem with Forrest getting some sort of public role is he is, by most accounts, a complete introverted asshole when he's out of character.

I'd bet a lot of these guys are. I think people with great personalities all the time are more likely to get by with easy jobs or go into a field that relies on personality. Fighters spend most of their time training, not talking. Only a rare few are interesting to listen to. If Forrest can turn it on for an hour or so, that should be good enough for a pre- or post-show. He's too unenthusiastic for a color commentator.

What does Chuck do exactly? I saw him do that one terrible commercial and that's it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope that Werdum fights either Cain or Mir in the near future. Maybe he can fight the loser of their fight when he returns from medical suspension.

And I'm glad that Dos Santos vs. Overeem has been given a ballpark date.

Dysun

Forrest should just retire after this fight. He doesn't have it anymore
I have zero interest in seeing them fight again.

Mir/Cain is good match making...better than Cain/Bigfoot for sure.

Cant wait for JDS/Overeem

He heads the business development department of Zuffa, spearheading the UFC's expansion into emergent markets.

I'm sure he doesn't really do much other than show up at certain UFC events and that the UFC just gave him a title so they can have Chuck on the payroll since they are all buddy buddy with him.

If Forrest retires, I would assume they would do something similar and that's their way of thanking him for making UFC/MMA mainstream with his fight against Stephan Bonnar. Look at Bonnar, I don't think he's that great of a commentator yet they still have him doing those types of jobs and hosting random shows here and there.

Heel

FRIDAY NIGHT SCHEDULE

Xtreme Fighting Championships 16: High Stakes

Starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on HDNet

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Legend Fighting Championship 7

Prelims start at 12:30 AM PT / 3:30 AM ET, free on YouTube.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET, $9.99 USD on LiveSport.tv and on pay-per-view

ONE FC 2: Battle of Heroes featuring Heel's Bad MMA Fight of the Week: Rolles Gracie vs. Bob Sapp

Prelims start at 4:30 AM PT / 7:30 AM ET, free on Facebook.com and UStream.tv
Main card starts at ???, $9.99 USD on OneFC.com

Cage Warriors Fight Night 3

Starts at 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET, free on MMAJunkie.com

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Sean McCorkle vs. Mike Williams (Friday, Legends of Fighting 51: Little Giants)
Ray "That Guy Who Fought Andre Arlovski" Lopez vs. Chris Price (Friday, Legends of Fighting 51: Little Giants)
Tom DeBlass (#3 LHW prospect) vs. Carlos Brooks (Friday, Ring of Combat 39)
Pete Sell vs. Mitch Whitesel (Friday, Ring of Combat 39)
Konstantin Gluhov vs. Peter Graham (Saturday, Draka: Govornor's Cup 2012)
Jeff Monson vs. Alexander Illiasov (Saturday, Draka: Govornor's Cup 2012)
Ryan Ford vs. Tyson Steele (Saturday, Aggression MMA 9)

ScOULaris

rumored fight for Tito's last stand:

Tito vs Forrest III

soda-can.jpg
VS
soda-can.jpg

Heel

How about a little respect for our legends, gentlemen. Where would we be without Tito carrying us through the dark ages and Forrest in the TUF finale?

dream

Seeing you all adopt the usage of the "Sugar Cain" moniker makes me almost as happy as the time I caught Eggo using the name "Vitor's Back."

I don't like the way I get a semi whenever I see Chamber post because of his avatar, but what can you do.

Dream, aren't we due for some wall of text soon?

Heel

Hey guys, let's consider collaborating on a really awesome OP for the next OT. At this pace we'll be there before summer hits. Any ideas?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Dustin Poirier Vs. Chan Sung Jung Set For UFC On FX 3 Main Event, May 15.

The card for UFC on FX 3 now includes:

-Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung
-Thiago Silva vs. Igor Pokrajac
-Donald Cerrone vs. Yves Edwards
-Jason MacDonald vs. Tom Lawlor

I'm guessing the winner of this gets a title shot after the winner of Hioki vs Bartimus

ShaneB

I'm guessing the winner of this gets a title shot after the winner of Hioki vs Bartimus

Looks like an entertaining card to me.

TheNatural

My Member!
More relevant question: So what about that Brittney Palmer Playboy? No, really, when the hell is this thing going to leak, it seems like it's been forever.

Heel

Awesome fight. I think Poirier/Zombie winner has a better argument than Hioki/Bartimus at this point. Despite his perceived ranking, Hioki still has a lot to prove in the octagon and to the PPV audience. He'd have to blow the doors off Bartimus to make a case.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Heel said:
Awesome fight. I think Poirier/Zombie winner has a better argument than Hioki/Bartimus at this point. Despite his perceived ranking, Hioki still has a lot to prove in the octagon and to the PPV audience. He'd have to blow the doors off Bartimus to make a case.
The problem with that is you'd keep Aldo on the shelf for at least 7 months if he has to wait for Zombie/Poirer. Giving him Hioki/Bartimus in May or June then Poirer/Zombie in the fall would be better for everyone.

Top Bottom