• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

If PRIDE counts I'd add...
Fedor
Sakuraba
Cro Cop
Gomi

For accomplishments outside of UFC and PRIDE I'd add...
Bas Rutten
Frank Shamrock
Igor Vovchanchyn

Maybe...
Josh Barnett
Kid Yamamoto

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
On Poirier/Zombie, if Poirier wins, he looks like to be the next title contender, but his interview with Ariel had him saying that he wants a couple more fights to improve his game so that he feels 100% ready against Aldo
or if Hioki or Bartimus get the belt from Aldo ;p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
One of the early pioneers of the sport though. Era has to be taken into consideration. I think Bas, Royce, and Ken are in that type of group.

oi3F4.gif

Y no Frank Trigg on Bad MMA anymore? Its Schiavello and Miletich again. Not that thats a problem. Miletich is good when he's not being weighed down by Renallo, Shamrock, and zombie Kevin Bacon.

TheNatural

My Member!
Was this posted BTW?

Roger Gracie (93kg) signs with #UFC, might train with @SpiderAnderson before his first bout. #JiuJitsu

Interesting, dunno how much he can do after that Mo Lawal beatdown though or who he would even fight.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If PRIDE counts I'd add...
Fedor
Sakuraba
Cro Cop
Gomi

For accomplishments outside of UFC and PRIDE I'd add...
Bas Rutten
Frank Shamrock
Igor Vovchanchyn

Maybe...
Josh Barnett
Kid Yamamoto

Well Barnett, Fedor, Sakuraba and Frank won't be recognized by the UFC.

Cro Cop and Gomi could, but I think not having success in the UFC holds them back, especially Gomi. I could see Cro Cop getting a nod under special circumstances.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Pretty amazing how the top echelon of the final WEC 155 class turned out. Bendo is getting a UFC title shot, Cowboy came damn close to getting one, Anthony Pettis was in a title eliminator and got mainstream exposure from MTV, while Jamie Varner never even fought in the UFC and toils in Bad MMA.

Heel

Lies. Literally the second the referee signaled the start of the woman's MMA fight, my computer shutdown without warning. It's a sign.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Was this posted BTW?

Roger Gracie (93kg) signs with #UFC, might train with @SpiderAnderson before his first bout. #JiuJitsu

Interesting, dunno how much he can do after that Mo Lawal beatdown though or who he would even fight.

He's going to have to develop a set of hands like Werdum has recently if he's going to survive in the UFC's LHW division.

I heard he's going to 185.

Roger Gracie? He's 6'4". That'd be one hefty cut.

Top Bottom