• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

If anyone is brave enough, the One FC prelims are going to start any minute now.

http://www.facebook.com/ONEFCMMA?sk=app_196506863720166

Right now they're just taking photos and shit whilst listening to metal. The production values actually look existent.

Hooray for not looking like a low budget American Gladiator stage.

Whoa sweet! Enomoto is gonna fight!

Ha Bob Sapp scheduled to fight. I wonder if he'll actually show up this time or bitch out again and hold the producers for ransom like he usually does.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Still can't believe they're charging $9.99 for this.

On the other hand Bob Sapp's upcoming fight in India against James Thompson... now that's worth $9.99.

I was just gonna post that. Looks like he was letting one of his kids play with scissors and a shaver.

EDIT: What? That one dude is a wushu fighter? Doesn't that use weapons?

industrian

Either this ring is huge or those guys are tiny as fuck.

And yeah, this Peter Davis guy has a pretty varied career. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Davis_(actor)

This ring is HUGE. If UFC 143 took place in here Diaz would've never been able to catch Condit.

You read my mind. Diaz would have needed to have been flying to catch him.
But according to the drug tests he already was.

industrian

That's the worst thing about boring fights. You miss the big punches/knockdowns/actual fighting due to absolute boredom.

Both these guys should never fight again.

Ohhh I see muay thai shorts! I'm feeling good things about this match up. These guys look like they're gonna be fast and energetic as hell.

industrian

Hnng dat ring girl. She looks like an Asian Denise Richards w/ a little baby fat a la Britney. <3

vbgt0.jpg

su85w.jpg

None of those look like the one that was in the ring w/ that Sayed guy.

Eaustaquio's striking is vicious.

EDIT: Dear lord that cut on Silva

industrian

This Muay Thai guy should have kept it standing. But kudos in not taking the Overeem route when faced with going to ground with a BJJ pro.

The prelims for this are 1000x better than the main card on XFC last night. This is UFC level fighting. Good stuff.

Hopefully this stays on the feet a bit longer this round. I liked seeing the striking of that Eaustaquio guy.

industrian

The prelims for this are 1000x better than the main card on XFC last night. This is UFC level fighting. Good stuff.

Hopefully this stays on the feet a bit longer this round. I liked seeing the striking of that Eaustaquio guy.

I was "unlucky" not to catch the XFC. One of the fringe benefits of living in Asia.

industrian

The ref should remind them there's 30 seconds left in the 3rd round. They were totally chilled out.

Edit: Hold up, that was the 2nd? Shit, I'm in some sort of time warp here.

industrian

I think the OneFC logo in the center of the canvas is bigger than the entire WEC / TUF ring.

You're probably right.

I would understand having a big cage if there was big fighters, but there's only one HW fight on the card. That and as a grass-roots Asian fight promotion one would expect the lower weight classes to be the key highlights.

Ouch man that body kick hurt my ribs.

Good fight. I'm not sure who I'd give that to. Probably Eustaqio. Especially if they give more emphasis to damage than the US does.

industrian

Have you always lived there or are you just visiting / there temporarily?

Lived in Korea from 2009-2010, been living in Taiwan since then. I'm working at a software company right now but am leaving just to chill out for the rest of the year. I'll be training full time and just enjoying myself for the rest of the year.

That Tiew guy took himself out.

Lived in Korea from 2009-2010, been living in Taiwan since then. I'm working at a software company right now but am leaving just to chill out for the rest of the year. I'll be training full time and just enjoying myself for the rest of the year.

Sweet. I'd love to visit there sometime just to see the sights and feel like a giant.

industrian

Sweet. I'd love to visit there sometime just to see the sights and feel like a giant.

Well, as I'm 6'6", there's no "feel" involved for me. ;)

And yeah, it's great being out here. I'm from Scotland and the change of scenery from that to this is incredible. Lots of great sights in Taiwan, and one of the reasons why I'm leaving my job is because I want to see all of it, instead of just being stuck in a cubicle for 10-12 hours a day.

Plus the location is good for travelling. I'll be going to Thailand for April to train full time Muay Thai for a month.

The prelims have been so good I'd like to see the main card but I don't trust a foreign entertainment company with my credit card.

I'm 6'6", there's no "feel" there, man. ;)

And yeah, it's great being out here. I'm from Scotland and the change of scenery from that to this is incredible. Lots of great sights in Taiwan, and one of the reasons why I'm leaving my job is because I want to see all of it, instead of just being stuck in a cubicle for 10-12 hours a day.

6'4" 225 here. :b

Plus the location is good for travelling. I'll be going to Thailand for April to train full time Muay Thai for a month.

Soooo jealous. That sounds amazing.

industrian

I've not heard this Limp Bizkit song for at least 8 years. I feel like a 17 year old all of a sudden.

Soooo jealous. That sounds amazing.

It's cheap too. Under US$500 for a full month including training and accommodation. Flights are the killer though. US$670 for a return flight from Taipei to Phuket.

calza

Going to my first session of MMA tonight, looking forward to it. Tonight is grappling and thursday striking.

Any beginner mistake I should know to avoid?

Top Bottom