• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
This almost hurts as much as dream posting during TNA pay-per-views. You're dead to me.

i lurk nba-gaf from time to time to read about my guy Booz, but i don't know if i agree with his assessment. NBA-GAF is "The Sheild" of trolling. MMA-GAF is "The Wire" of trolling. If ya feel me.

Either way the biggest cesspool is NFL-GAF. Far too many WT packers fans ruined that thread.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FYI MMA Uncensored Live on Spike starts in approx 30 minutes with Nate Quarry and Mike Straka. Also, there's a segment on there from Dan Herbertson about the fall of PRIDE that is supposed to be really really good so I recommend tuning in.

Was pretty good. Much better than the new MMA Live.

Pride story - Fedor/CroCop's manager was kidnapped and held at gunpoint and forced to sign over Fedor/Crocop to Pride. Guy was pissed, then starting working Police about Yakuza involvement. They went to Fuji TV, dropped Pride, etc etc.

alr1ght

0052_63fxx.gif

Heel

Daniel Ghita joins Blackzilians camp at the behest of Alistair Overeem

apparently they've been training partners for a while, and JDS has been trying to snatch him up, but Reem has beat him to the punch. This is shaping up to be an interesting camp!

Interesting chess game they're playing. Cool to see Ghita getting attention in the MMA world. He's a beast and easily my favorite kickboxer these days.

Bellator signed Zaromskis. Nice pickup for them.

Nice. Bellator is getting to the point where even their opening round match ups are interesting.

Heel

Oh, Frank Mir, that guy who shit on Overeem every chance he could get to make himself feel better about losing to Brock.

The problem is he likely can't do it in the cage since Bones is a monster. If you created Bones in a videogame create-a-character your friends would bitch that you're cheating.

Well he is pretty much the final boss in the LHW division. Bigger than everyone, stroner than everyone and has a crazy reach over everyone. So yes he is damn cheap and the only way to win is cheap tactics.

alr1ght

sherdog continuing to troll

"Game alert: If you were a Facebook user, you can set a new username or password under the Settings menu at the top right."

but to see that message, you have to be logged in to an account.

Heel

I will be in the nerd chat with skull vodka and Bony Acai.

Legend FC > Legacy FC

The "Who are you?" promo cannot be topped.

Heel

TNA TNA TNA

My good friend dream, it's time for an intervention. If you stopped worrying about who Abyss and Austin Aries are, you'd have more room to know who Renan Barao and Korean Zombie are. Embrace the UFC prelimmers. Embrace the Bad MMA.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

Basically I see this as Frank trying to set himself up for a title shot option via Overreem submission. He gave him no credit against Brock and if he had lost to Brock he wouldn't have anything nice to say.

Franks probably banking on Junior beating Alistair, Frank meanwhile has given Alistair some credit so when he asks for Alistair as his next opponent he'll get it and what he see's as an easy submission win puts him in a position to challenge for the title in 2 fights.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Basically I see this as Frank trying to set himself up for a title shot option via Overreem submission. He gave him no credit against Brock and if he had lost to Brock he wouldn't have anything nice to say.

Franks probably banking on Junior beating Alistair, Frank meanwhile has given Alistair some credit so when he asks for Alistair as his next opponent he'll get it and what he see's as an easy submission win puts him in a position to challenge for the title in 2 fights.

Is Frank that stupid? Alistair is a terrible match-up for him.

alr1ght

videotaping a 4:3 tv...rage.

just watch the Uncensored link I posted above. His interview is right at the beginning.

Top Bottom